Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Gods and Demons interchangeable?

Post #1

Post by Zzyzx »

Gods and Demons interchangeable?

Some people evidently believe that invisible demons direct or influence their lives

Some people evidently believe that invisible gods direct or influence their lives

What is the difference?
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

William
Savant

Post #21

Post by William »

[Replying to post 18]

1213: I think in this case it would be good to understand what evil is. Evil is like darkness or emptiness, it is nothing really, it is lack of good. God “creates� evil by allowing people to reject Him and be without Him and so without good. Evil is only possible when God (good) is not present, similarly as darkness is only possible when light is not present. And as I hope everyone understands, God doesn’t do anything evil. Giving freedom to reject God is not evil.

William: In examining this metaphor I have to take into account as to where the example comes from - Nature Itself - and then take a closer look at it from that perspective.

The metaphor itself is evidence that what I wrote in post#17 has a lot of merit, as the metaphor examples what it is that I wrote about how Humans think in terms of duality.

The dark and the light are really aspects of the same thing. That is what YHVH is saying. "Take your pick. My dark side or my light side". That is why the proclamation is worded as it is.

Digging deeper, one might well think it justified that "Giving freedom to reject God is not evil." but beg the questions, "Then how is rejecting God "evil"...how is anything 'evil'?"

If "evil" is simply "that which remains hidden" (in the dark - not exposed by the light) Then YHVH's proclamation - at the very least - can be seen to be an attempt at exposing said 'evil' to the minds of Human Beings.

Those Human Beings who resist seeing that, even that it is now "out in the open", are essentially wanting it to remain hidden...at least from their own awareness and consequent acceptance.

Therefore, they are willfully participating in "keeping things in the dark" - precisely the same thing as they say "evil" is.

It is a paradox of sorts, but those unwilling to help uncover that which is hidden and even purposefully work to keep such hidden, are truly a contradiction seen when the light of The Truth is shone upon their beliefs.

Avoice
Guru

Post #22

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to post 4 by Willum]

As I have said before - Jesus is more like Satan that he us The God of Israel. Not really more like...exactly like. All his glorious speeches have fooled his followers. What is amazing is that Jesus has tried to tell them..hes gone as far as he could without coming right out and sayibg 'hey..you idiots im trying to give you a heads up...!' Christians might see it if they were to ever quit making their own metaphors and listen to exactky what he says.

For example:
He says (not verbatim too lazy to get exact quote) Anyway he says: Have ye never read in the scriptures how christ is to suffer etc etc?
Christians read that as if he is making a statement. That it says that in scriptures. Thats not whst he is saying. He is asking if we've read it. If i were standing there when he asked this i would say No Jesus i have not read that. Show me. Because it isn't there

Willum
Savant

Post #23

Post by Willum »

[Replying to post 22 by Avoice]

Oh, I so agree.
But what also makes sense is that the god he is stealing followers from is also a demon.
A more successful demon.

500 Christians to every Judaist. Many Jews not being Judaist.

Like it or not, Yahweh lost.
That could only be if he was a less powerful demon, not if he were a more powerful god.

Avoice
Guru

Post #24

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to post 4 by Willum]

As I have said before - Jesus is more like Satan that he is The God of Israel. Not really more like...exactly like. A smooth talker. Only they dont seem to remember that the words he speaks are not his. Nor did he come to do his will. THEY DONT EVEN KNOW WHO THEIR LORD IS. H.H
H

H
H NO
2What is amazing is that Jesus (whatever his name is) hasnt tricked anyone. In fact he has gone out of his way with honesty. They cant blame him for how they chose to hear his words. Christians want eternal life so bad that it woukdnt matter what religious book they had they would metaphor it until it was pleasant to their ears. Them and their metaphors!! Why its not even validated by the God of Israel. But they need him to okay Jesus otherwise theyll realize their idoloters. All they have is "a voice from heaven" saying this is my son. An anonymous voice talking about an unidentufied person. Oh no... that is God talking about Jesus. It doesn't say that. CHRISTIANITY... THE RELIGION THAT REQUIRES MANIPULATION OF THE TEXT. FOR GOD'S VALIDATION...FOR SUPPOSED FULFILLED PROPHECIES. FOR ITS TRUTH IT MUST DEPEND ON LIES

JESUS IS FAIR. JUST LIKE SATAN WAS FAIR BEFORE HE GOT EVE TO DISOBEY GOD. THE FIRST THINK THECSEROET SAUD WAS TO REMIND EVE OF WHAT GOD COMMANDED. THEN HE TEMPTED HER. MUCH LIKE JESUS' FAMOUS SERMON. HE REPEATEDLY SAYS 'You have heard it said...but I say...' He reminds people of God's laws then proceeds to give hid own law in place of God's laws. AND JUST LIKE SATAN HE HAS PEOPLE THINK THEY WON'T DIE IF THEY DISOBEY GOD. YES, SATAN ... DUST HE WILL EAT THE REST OF HIS DAYS. Interestingly enough, the disciples are told to kick the dirt off their feet if they go to a house and the PEOPLE living in won't accept jesus. Hmmm....nothing to eat their. The Christian Testament does say that Jesus' death was destroying sin in the flesh Indeed. The son of perdition. Who ruled over unclean spirits. RULED OVER UNCLEAN SPIRITS.

YES, JESUS HAS TOLD THEM: BE CAREFUL HOW YOU HEAR.
He also says what you hear in the ear preach from rooftops. In other words- speak the invention of your hearts desire as if it were truth. AND THAT IS WHAT THEY DO INDEED. DONT BELIEVE ME? ASK ABOUT THE VOICE AT JESUS' BAPTISM. IT WAS GOD! HOW DO THEY KNOW THAT? THEY DON'T. THEY WANT IT TO BE. PERIOD

Example how they hear:
He says (not verbatim too lazy to get exact quote) Anyway he says: Have ye never read in the scriptures how christ is to suffer etc etc?
Christians read that as if he is making a statement. That it says that in scriptures. Thats not what he is saying. He is asking if we've read it. If i were standing there when he asked this i woud say No Jesus i have not read that. Show me. Because it isn't there

Willum
Savant

Post #25

Post by Willum »

[Replying to Avoice]

And I agreed.
However, Yahweh is more like a classic demon, and isn’t shy about it.
Jealousy is one of his prides, jealousy is not good.
Genocide is one of his directives and actions.
That’s demonic.
He is not all powerful in the Torah, and that is demonic, not divine.
I can go on, and on.

Jesus may be the Devil, but Yahweh is a demon.
I will never understand how someone who claims to know the ultimate truth, of God, believes they deserve respect, when they cannot distinguish it from a fairy-tale.

You know, science and logic are hard: Religion and fairy tales might be more your speed.

To continue to argue for the Hebrew invention of God is actually an insult to the very concept of a God. - Divine Insight

William
Savant

Post #26

Post by William »

William: I am still working on that fascinating seeming paradox.

On the one hand...Willum's interpretation shows that two mighty Entities who are evil are playing us Humans big time.

On the other, Avoice's interpretation that Jesus is the evil entity usurping YHVH's position as the main evil entity.

Only, of course, I recognize that Avoice thinks YHVH to be good.

Again I stress The Truth, that while we yet think in terms of 'good' and 'evil' we are a distracted species ripe for whatever befalls us of our own making.

Good Entity Creators might be a little concerned, and evil Entity Creators might be a little amused.

Like the tale of The Dark Crystal, until that fragment is restored to its correct place and position, those two types of Entity Creators will remain at loggerheads with each other, shadows of their former Self.

Merging them is the only realistic solution.

Time to discard Duality as an unreal take on reality.

Savant

Post #27

Post by 1213 »

Willum wrote: ...
You don’t get to tell us what evil is. ...
I think it would be honest and reasonable to use what the Bible gives, if we are still speaking of what the Bible told about God and evil.

Savant

Post #28

Post by 1213 »

William wrote: …
If "evil" is simply "that which remains hidden" …
No, I don’t say evil is something that is in darkness and Bible also is not saying that. Evil is like darkness and darkness is nothing, it means there is no light.

Willum
Savant

Post #29

Post by Willum »

[Replying to 1213]

No, evil is not like darkness.
For Pete’s sake.
Evil is a deliberate effort to do something.
Darkness means photons aren’t bouncing off stuff into your eyes.
They both easily exist without God.

William
Savant

Post #30

Post by William »

[Replying to post 28]

1213: No, I don’t say evil is something that is in darkness and Bible also is not saying that.

William: Well then what are You and the Bible saying?

1213: Evil is like darkness and darkness is nothing, it means there is no light.

William: Darkness is not 'nothing'. It is that which allows you not to see "something".

Otherwise, what you are now adding to your explanation is that IF evil is 'like darkness' and that 'darkness is nothing' THEN you are effectively saying, "Evil is nothing".

Is that what you want me to understand. That evil is nothing?