Should the next president be a woman?

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Should the next president be a woman?

Post #1

Post by 2Dbunk »

Quote by agnosticatheist in the Househusbands thread, post #13, Science and Religion. (I refer you there for a running brouhaha on the contradiction below:)

I believe that men and women are equal.

With that said...I think that generally, women still are not cut out for the workplace.

2Dbunk said in reply:

Are not those two sentences contradictory?

Former Prime Minister Thatcher and Germany's Angela Merkel are examples of what women are capable of achieving. I find it interesting that the next president of the USA may well be a woman. Carly Fiorina v. Hillary Clinton could well be the opposing candidates.
The question for debate: Is the United States ready to elect a woman as president? To avoid the running war of words in househusbands thread (Science and Religion), try to be objective, un-repetitive and less emotional. Statistics would be nice if available.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #101

Post by Clownboat »

Daedalus X wrote:
2Dbunk wrote: If you are that lazy, then why get involved in debate?
I am that lazy! For the simple reason that if I read everything that was referenced on the Internet, I would not have time to do anything else. Another reason is that I don't know what I am looking for, I would read and ask myself "is this what he was talking about or is it something else?"

So instead of sending us all on a wild goose chase, just quote the parts that you are referring to. Don't leave us guessing about what is in your mind.
As I feared, he may be speaking from emotion as I very clearly stated directly to him:

"I do not follow politics enough to know, (nor have I or do I plan to read the Mueller Report) so if there is, can you show it?"

His response to that was:
"you need to read the first 20 pages of both volumes. If you then have any doubts, then read more"

Now I'm left to wonder if 'lazy' really is the issue (am I really lazy for not finding what he claims should be there), or perhaps reading comprehension?
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

justme2
Apprentice

Post #102

Post by justme2 »

If shes qualified, why not-?
8-)

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #103

Post by 2Dbunk »

Since Hillary lost in 2016 and Elizabeth Warren is jumping around like a game show contestant, maybe the only hope for the fairer gender is Kamala Harris in 2020.

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #104

Post by 2Dbunk »

[Replying to post 101 by justme2]

Since Hillary lost in 2016 and Elizabeth Warren is jumping around like a game show contestant, maybe the only hope for the fairer gender is Kamala Harris in 2020.

Personally, I like Mike (Michael Bloomberg, that is). He's a dedicated New Yorker (not the deserting rodent who now claims Florida as his preferred nest). Bloomberg just radiates competence IMO -- I hope he follows through and runs for the office!
What good is truth if its value is not more than unproven, handed-down faith?

One believes things because one is conditioned to believe them. -Aldous Huxley

Fear within the Religious will always be with them ... as long as they are fearful of death.

Menotu
Sage

Re: Should the next president be a woman?

Post #105

Post by Menotu »

[Replying to post 1 by 2Dbunk]

Next president should be someone whose best interest is in the USA, not their own family, friends, career or bank account

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #106

Post by 2Dbunk »

[Replying to post 102 by 2Dbunk]

Mike Bloomberg is in the race . . . I guess because Dem. front runner Biden is taking heat over his son's involvement in Ukraine (innocent or not, Trump has turned too many heads -- too many conspiracy nuts in this country). In the 2016 election Bloomberg entertained thoughts of running against Trump but the polls showed Hillary with convincing lead and he deferred thinking she would get the job done.

An interesting possibility looms should Bloomberg siphon too many votes from other Dem. front runner. If neither major party achieves 270 electoral votes, the election could be thrown into House of Representatives whereby Nancy Pelosi could be the next president.
What good is truth if its value is not more than unproven, handed-down faith?

One believes things because one is conditioned to believe them. -Aldous Huxley

Fear within the Religious will always be with them ... as long as they are fearful of death.

Elijah John
Savant

Post #107

Post by Elijah John »

2Dbunk wrote: [Replying to post 102 by 2Dbunk]

An interesting possibility looms should Bloomberg siphon too many votes from other Dem. front runner. If neither major party achieves 270 electoral votes, the election could be thrown into House of Representatives whereby Nancy Pelosi could be the next president.
A horrific scenario. Would that outcome please you? Back to the title of your OP, should the next president be a woman? In this case I would say no, since Carly Fiorino and or Conolezza Rice are not running. And the OP seems to assume the next likely candidate would have arisen from the current crop of Democrats. The Democrats who have become more left-wing extemist then ever.

But yeah, I would not oppose the right woman for President some day. But the right woman would certainly not include Hillary Clinton, Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris, Amy Klobuchar, Oprah, Michelle Obama, Nancy Pelosi or Stacy Abrams.

Tulsi Gabbard? Maybe. Nikki Haley? Definitely. I'd even support Sarah Palin if it came down to it. Or Marianne Williamson. ;)
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

justme2
Apprentice

Next President--- Pelosi

Post #108

Post by justme2 »

Most of what I have read in the above posts is interesting; but I must add one more very interesting possibility----------------------
Trump gets booted out of the White House
Pence quickly follows--------------------------
Pelosi then becomes the “President Of The United States�

Elijah John
Savant

Re: Next President--- Pelosi

Post #109

Post by Elijah John »

justme2 wrote: Most of what I have read in the above posts is interesting; but I must add one more very interesting possibility----------------------
Why would Mike Pence get booted?
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

Clownboat
Savant

Re: Next President--- Pelosi

Post #110

Post by Clownboat »

Elijah John wrote:
justme2 wrote: Most of what I have read in the above posts is interesting; but I must add one more very interesting possibility----------------------
Why would Mike Pence get booted?
Seems like it takes no more than people not liking a president on a personal level from what I'm hearing.

I tell my employees that they are not required to like each other, they are required to work with each other though.

Americans are too busy hating the man (for many reasons) and not focusing on whether or not he is doing a good job or not from what I'm hearing. Adimitedly, this is not something I am following very closely though.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb