Glory, God, Messiah... None of the above?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Tart
Banned
Banned

Glory, God, Messiah... None of the above?

Post #1

Post by Tart »

Many post here question the nature of Jesus, who he was... They question, is Jesus God? Is Jesus the Son of God? The Messiah?

And i ponder, what implications do these question have to do with my beliefs? Why would i care, for instance, if I believe Jesus is God, or (instead) Jesus is the Son of God?

Why would anyone care about that?

Why would anyone question this idea within their beliefs, instead of just saying "im not sure"? What implications does this question have to do with their faith? Their personal beliefs in how they conduct their lives? Is it a way of denying Jesus? His Glory(i hypothesize to myself)? What do you think?

This is less about the idea whether he is God, Son of God, Messiah, or nothing... And more about, what that means to you in your life, in your beliefs, of what you believe... How does it affect those things? Why care one way or the other?

Tart
Banned
Banned

Re: Glory, God, Messiah... None of the above?

Post #21

Post by Tart »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
Tart wrote:
If salvation by Faith or works?
JAMES 2:17
faith by itself, without works, is dead.
Is a dead man not saved?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #22

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Tart wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote:
Tart wrote:

I dont agree with that... And i dont think you do either... It can matter, and a person can be unsure...
JAMES 1:5-8 - NWT

So if any one of you is lacking in wisdom, let him keep asking God, for he gives generously to all and without reproaching, and it will be given him. But let him keep asking in faith, not doubting at all, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven by the wind and blown about. In fact, that man should not expect to receive anything from Jehovah; he is an indecisive man, unsteady in all his ways.

So who doesnt doubt things sometimes? (i just posted this quote in another thread)...

If he doubts then let him expect nothing from the Lord... In doing so, perhaps he can return to Faith.

I just posted the scripture, dont shoot the messenger.

In fact, that man should not expect to receive anything from Jehovah; he is an indecisive man, unsteady in all his ways.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #23

Post by Tart »

What power has a man without the destiny of God? that is what i question. Shall my own actions save me? Sure right now im sitting in a library, and perhaps i could be doing something better with my time then posting comments online... Though what? Wherever i go, there i am... Let Faith reign wherever i go..

I fully believe not to sin.. Though the question comes, what is sin? What is works? Is it a sin, to do nothing? Like nothing at all, but say sit in a room? I'd say no.. Perhaps you could be doing something better though.. Though why destroy the faith by something like that?

22 So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who does not condemn himself by what he approves. 23 But whoever has doubts is condemned if they eat, because their eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin.

Sin rest in convictions of wrong. Dont break the law... Even still praise be to God who brings a dead man to life.

Perhaps Faith in God, is the foundation of our path to works? "10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

So all our actions, may be a path God has created already? Though no temptation comes from God (James 1:13), thus sin is not a result of God. But Work must rely on God... Shouldnt it?

Though i suppose the Holy Spirit that lives within, let Him be God.