The pursuit of knowledge and truth, through God, through science, through civil and engaging debate

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Reply to topic
DanieltheDragon
First Post
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:05 pm  Does the bible outlaw gay marriage for non-believers? Reply with quote

I have read the bible up and down left and right. There are lots of things about abominations etc etc. What it doesn't say though is whether or not non-believers can have gay marriage. In fact the laws and commandments in the bible are specifically for the Jews. Jesus opened that up and through Paul's doctrine that became inclusive of the gentiles(those who were believers).

So question for debate does the bible outlaw gay marriage for non-believers?

Can anyone find a verse saying that non-believers cannot have gay marriage?
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 111: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:55 pm

Like this post
You can't post a definitive comment, then backtrack and attempt to cite a difference over minor semantics.

You posted:
Quote:

He saw God as the origin of all that exists, but not the means by which everything came into existence. In other words, he didn't create anything."

Genesis chapters 1,2 and all the Christians I know: view God as the Creator. All the Christians I know: view Jesus as the Son of God. Your debate is not with me, it is with the Bible and Christians who view God as the Creator--and Jesus as the son of God.

Last edited by Atef on Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 112: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:13 am

Like this post (1): brianbbs67
Atef wrote:

You can't post a definitive comment, then backtrack and attempt to cite a difference over minor semantics.

You posted:
Quote:

He saw God as the origin of all that exists, but not the means by which everything came into existence. In other words, he didn't create anything."

Genesis chapters 1&2, as well as all the Christians I know: view God as the Creator. All the Christians I know: view Jesus as the Son of God. Your debate is not with me, it is with the Bible and Christians who view God as the Creator--and Jesus as the son of God.

Of course the debate is with Christians as well as non believers, which are the only groups you've been referencing since you chimed in. Who else would I be debating? You don't have a position other than to suggest the beliefs and ideas of others. I'm not backtracking. The New Testament authors agree that the father is God who is the origin of all that exists while Christ is the means by which all exists. Christians believe Christ is God, probably because he's eternal, yet Paul doesn't make that connection, nor does John. They see Christ as eternal, but don't equate that with God. There is no backtracking on my part.

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 113: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:19 pm
Re: Does the bible outlaw gay marriage for non-believers?

Like this post
[Replying to post 1 by DanieltheDragon]

Does the bible outlaw gay marriage for non-believers?

Does it OK it for believers? Seems that would also be a question, no?

At any rate:
why would a non-believer of Islam care what Islam says about anything?

I doubt non-believers care what is "says" (which most anything it "says" is debatable at least).

I know I don't.

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 114: Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:40 am
Re: Does the bible outlaw gay marriage for non-believers?

Like this post
[Replying to post 113 by Menotu]

Your right the bible doesnt provide mandate for non believers. It simply outlines the standards, requirements and law for BELIEVERS and explains the penalty for disbelief.

JEHOVAH'SWITNESS

Goto top, bottom

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Jump to:  
Facebook
Tweet

On The Web | Ecodia | Hymn Lyrics Apps
Facebook | Twitter