Prodigy

"Heaven and earth":

Post #1

Post by Checkpoint »

This thread stems from this exchange:

onewithhim asked:

[What are your thoughts about "heaven and earth"?]

Checkpoint answered:

[Well, I have certainly given it more thoughts since arriving at this debating site.

One will pass away, and another will appear, is at least a start that we can agree on in any discussion.

Beyond that, there are many thoughts, many opinions, many interpretations of what relevant scripture means and how to approach it.

My thoughts, my opinions, my way of approach, are at most still tentative.

But I welcome discussion of any aspect and any verses.

But not on this thread. but on a new one I am about to start.

We can share there our thoughts on "heaven and earth"? (i.e. not heaven only and not earth only)]

So, join this discussion and debate!

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: "Heaven and earth":

Post #31

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Checkpoint wrote:

Please, anyone, consider what those verses below portray and teach, in context with each other:
John 7:
40 When they heard these words, some of the people said, “This really is the Prophet.� 41 Others said, “This is the Christ.�

But some others said, “Is the Christ to come from Galilee?
42 Has not the Scripture said that the Christ comes from
the offspring of David, and comes from Bethlehem, the village where David was?�
43 So there was a division among the people.

52 “Aren’t you also from Galilee?� they replied. “Search, and you will see, that no prophet comes out of Galilee.�

John 5:
38 and you do not have His word abiding in you, for you do not believe the one whom He has sent.

39 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me,
40 yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life.

John 1:

45 Philip found Nathanael and told him, “We have found the one Moses wrote about in the Law, and about whom the prophets also wrote—Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.�

46 “Nazareth! Can anything good come from there?� Nathanael asked.

“Come and see,� said Philip.

47 When Jesus saw Nathanael approaching, he said of him, “Here truly is an Israelite in whom there is no deceit.�

48 “How do you know me?� Nathanael asked.

Jesus answered, “I saw you while you were still under the fig tree before Philip called you.�

49Then Nathanael declared, “Rabbi, you are the Son of God; you are the king of Israel.�

John 14:6

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

All excellent verses. Are you suggesting they contradict anything in the verses I refered to?
JOHN 17:17
Sanctify them by means of the truth; your word is truth - JESUS
3 JOHN 4 ESV
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #32

Post by 2timothy316 »

Menotu wrote: [Replying to post 17 by 2timothy316]
People never find truth because they stop looking.
That claim needs evidence. I'm sure you can supply evidence on how everyone who has said 'I didn't find the truth." simply stopped looking.
We all await your evidence.
Why do I have to do your work? This is exactly what I'm talking about.
You go and examine evidence yourself. If it comes from me you will not trust it. So go out into the world and see if what you're looking for is there. Don't sit here staring at a screen waiting for people to give you evidence. You'll never get any further in finding anything true until you do. I have decades of studying evidence in so many subjects i can't count them all. Do you study evidence or do you just expect someone to feed you everything?

I will give you a freebe though. You want evidence of my claim, you are the evidence. The way you expect others to give you proof, the fact that you believe no truth can be found. Its the same thoughts every time with people who give up. Do you think you're the first person to say, 'who can find truth'? I speak to people that have found the truth about something all the time. Why? Because they didn't expect someone to prove it to them. They proved it to themselves.

I think this how people become Flat -Earthers. They believe heavily that truth can't be found they will not even accept the truth that the world is a sphere. I will have to give one flat-earther credit though. The one that tried making a rocket to go into space to see if the Earth is round or flat. At least he got off his computer and did something to prove something to himself.

One thing I think he proved to himself without a doubt is the law of gravity.

Out of curiosity, do you believe the Earth is flat or round? Or have you too become to believe 'no truth can be found' so much that you don't know if the Earth is flat or round?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #33

Post by onewithhim »

Menotu wrote: [Replying to post 15 by onewithhim]
That's why we have the instruction book---the Bible.
There are many of these instructional books around (which is kinda' the whole point). But if the bible is what you want live by, great!
People just shouldn't expect everyone else to abide by the same book (the bible which, as I'm sure you know, isn't full of facts, but methods).
If someone does their homework, like timothy suggested, they can uncover the truth of it all.
It's all too personal and ambiguous to make that claim logically and honestly. But again, if that works for you....
Too many are too inert to do any intensive searching.
That's what, in my experience, brainwashed people say.
"Yes yes, my book as all the answers and all you have to do is look and you will find it"! Tell that to the people, scholarly and otherwise, you have spent their lives looking and not found a whole of of anything.
Too many have their heads in the bible and ignore everything else, and they prefer it that way.
People don't have their heads in the Bible enough. The people who are indisposed toward studying the Bible have their heads in the sand, menuto.