The Justification for Agnosticism in a Nutshell

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Dimmesdale
Sage

The Justification for Agnosticism in a Nutshell

Post #1

Post by Dimmesdale »

Science does not "disprove God" - it isn't capable of that. What it can do is offer alternative explanations which render traditional religious narratives at best questionable.

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #2

Post by Tart »

Science doesn’t do that. I have two science degrees and what do they tell me?

Certainly nothing about Christ and his miraculous resurrection. I suppose scientists might question the literal interpretation of creation and the Old Testament, but that is just them telling us so... I see absolutely no proof from the physical world around me that the Old Testament is false, I only see people assert so with scientific apologetics.

Think about it.. they tell you the light from distant galaxies is billions of light years away, and you take their word their hypothesis is correct...

But when I look up in the night sky, I see stars, which I wonder if I need any explanation for. For if a man is wiser then I am, then Paul’s words are false, that no one is righteous, no man wiser then another. Let the last be first...

Scientists are full of themselves, life is in the poor.

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #3

Post by Tart »

“Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.�
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭13

“And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.�
‭

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by Tart »

It’s funny actually, the universe and it’s out distances are made up of the Myths of the Gods... that is what astrology is my friend... a collection of the knowledge of man in the spirits around you... The Greek societies would ponder it within themselves, and the epics of their myths would account for each of their power.

Though the fall was great... and now we live in the time where our knowledge is drifting to that of black holes... If that’s true John 1 is false “for the light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it�... Though John 1 isn’t false, science is to question... or knowledge itself is to question.. what do you know and how do you know it?..

Have faith my friend because “let Everyman be a liar and God be true�, “I claim to know nothing but Christ crucified�... for how shall we be saved? By knowledge or by faith?

Dimmesdale
Sage

Post #5

Post by Dimmesdale »

Tart wrote: Science doesn’t do that. I have two science degrees and what do they tell me?

Certainly nothing about Christ and his miraculous resurrection. I suppose scientists might question the literal interpretation of creation and the Old Testament, but that is just them telling us so... I see absolutely no proof from the physical world around me that the Old Testament is false, I only see people assert so with scientific apologetics.
You may not see these things as false, but my whole point is, there is likewise no reason to see them as true.
Tart wrote:Think about it.. they tell you the light from distant galaxies is billions of light years away, and you take their word their hypothesis is correct...
The difference between a religious authority and a scientific authority is that the latter is verifiable, either by you yourself should you take it upon yourself to become educated and find such things out personally, or by the bulk of other persons' educated testimonies regarding the facts.
Tart wrote:But when I look up in the night sky, I see stars, which I wonder if I need any explanation for. For if a man is wiser then I am, then Paul’s words are false, that no one is righteous, no man wiser then another. Let the last be first...

Scientists are full of themselves, life is in the poor.
There is beauty in mystery alone to be sure, but don't deprive yourself of science, friend.
Last edited by Dimmesdale on Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dimmesdale
Sage

Post #6

Post by Dimmesdale »

Tart wrote: “Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.�
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭13

“And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.�
‭
That's very profound (and I mean that), but what does this have to do with the topic?

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #7

Post by Tart »

[Replying to Dimmesdale]

Yes and you don’t deprive yourself of faith.

I see that the earth is God footstool to the heavens. As science is the footstool to love of knowing...

Though let it all pass away, I’ll live by faith

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #8

Post by Tart »

Dimmesdale wrote:
Tart wrote: “Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.�
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭13

‭
That's very profound (and I mean that), but what does this have to do with the topic?
The law! My biggest nemesis, though my greatest alliance. What is my crime! If the law is here as convictions for sin, then the law is the heart of the problem...

Dimmesdale
Sage

Post #9

Post by Dimmesdale »

Tart wrote: [Replying to Dimmesdale]

I see that the earth is God footstool to the heavens. As science is the footstool to love of knowing...

I do have faith. But it is the faith of a heretic; the only rational form of faith I believe.

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #10

Post by Tart »

Dimmesdale wrote:
Tart wrote: [Replying to Dimmesdale]

I do have faith. But it is the faith of a heretic; the only rational form of faith I believe.

Have faith in Christ my friend. Let the sins of heretics be washed away, if we can even call that sin... there are much bigger sins we need to stay faithful through and for