Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Tart
Banned
Banned

Death by sin

Post #1

Post by Tart »

This is why man dies, even the greatest of all men will fall... And They will be at Christ feet who died sinless (so they say)... that depends on, is death a result of sin or sin a result of death? It’s death as a result of sin... I imagine a perfect being who never dies because he never sins.., but even vanity is a sin, idolatry.. if temped and refusing temptation, even selfishness is a sin... pride is even a sin.., we are dead men without Christ

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Re: Death by sin

Post #2

Post by ttruscott »

Tart wrote:I imagine a perfect being who never dies because he never sins.
As close as Michael, Gabriel and the other holy, elect angels...
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #3

Post by Tart »

ttruscott wrote:
Tart wrote:I imagine a perfect being who never dies because he never sins.
As close as Michael, Gabriel and the other holy, elect angels...
What are you talking about tyruscott?

Tcg
Savant

Post #4

Post by Tcg »

Tart wrote: This is why man dies,
Humans die for myriad reasons including Death by Faith:
  • These “Faith Healerâ€� Parents Tried To Cure Their Baby With Prayer — Now They’ll Go To Prison For Her Death

According to the prosecutor, in the past nine years, the Mitchells are the fifth set of Followers of Christ Church parents who faced criminal charges after not seeking medical attention for their children. One of these previous cases was against Sarah Mitchell’s sister, Shannon Hickman, who was convicted of second-degree manslaughter after she delivered a premature baby boy who died eight hours after birth in 2009.

"For far too long children in this church have been needlessly suffering and dying because their parents, as a condition of their religious beliefs, have refused to seek medical care for their children,� the district attorney’s office said.

https://allthatsinteresting.com/faith-h ... ple-oregon
we are dead men without Christ
We will all die. Some, like these unfortunate children, die because of their parent's faith in Christ.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom