All the Chrildren of the World

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

SallyF
Guru

All the Chrildren of the World

Post #1

Post by SallyF »

Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world.

I dutifully sang this during my weekly brainwashing sessions at Sunday school. (But not always with the image of an execution device in the background.)

But in later years, I discovered that Jesus' propagandists did not actually have him say that he loved all the children of the world.

Did the Gospel propagandists just forget to mention that Jesus loves all the children of the world …?

Were Jesus and his propagandists more interested in their quest for political power than they were about foreign kiddies …?

Have later Christians had to embellish and inflate the propaganda to make the Jesus character into what they WANT him to have been …?
"God" … just whatever humans imagine it to be.

"Scripture" … just whatever humans write it to be.

Menotu
Sage

Post #41

Post by Menotu »

SallyF wrote:
Tart wrote:
Tcg wrote:
Tart wrote:
You shall receive no evidence... You either have faith or you dont
I agree. I couldn't possibly receive that which doesn't exist. Thanks for your agreement.

Tcg
So is this an emission of faithlessness? You have no faith?

I am more than happy to admit my constant emission of faithlessness …!

I have absolutely NO faith in the proposition made by Christians that their Divine Leader loves all the children of the world.
I always see things in the press/media where something bad happens to a kid and they don't die and people say 'God protected him!' or 'God is good!'

Most recently the boy that disappeared in North Carolina and was found a few days later. When he asked what happened he said he was protect by a bear.
I always wondered:
If God is so good, so protective, so caring about the children, why didn't he make sure the kid didn't wonder off and need 'bear protection' anyway?!?

God seems to be in hindsight, but never foresight.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #42

Post by ttruscott »

Tcg wrote:We also know that God is terminally absent.
In light of billions(?) claiming otherwise, what is your proof they are lying or delusional?
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #43

Post by ttruscott »

Tcg wrote:If God is here, why are you defending him instead of allowing him to defend himself?
He proved HIMself to me and quite a few others...because you missed it does not prove it never happened.

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #44

Post by ttruscott »

Tcg wrote:
Tart wrote:
I don’t need to..,
This would be true if God hadn't turned absolutely mute for the last 2,000 years. Until he learns to speak again, he will remain dependent on his followers to speak for him.
HE has not been mute. HE has taught me and many others -- the problem is NOT that HE is silent but that you reject HIS voice as real so contend HE must be silent. Matthew 11:15 Whoever has ears, let them hear. Generally in Christian theology the inability to hear GOD is a detriment caused by sin, not an expression of the way of things.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #45

Post by ttruscott »

Menotu wrote:
If God is so good, so protective, so caring about the children, why didn't he make sure the kid didn't wonder off and need 'bear protection' anyway?!?

God seems to be in hindsight, but never foresight.
The fact that you see no value in GOD giving a child the situation that proves HIS protection does not mean it has no value to the kid...

Also, maybe you want to look up 'tough love' and see it that is not applicable to things you now reject.

Menotu
Sage

Post #46

Post by Menotu »

[Replying to post 45 by ttruscott]
The fact that you see no value in GOD giving a child the situation that proves HIS protection does not mean it has no value to the kid
Never said that. Just that it doesn't make sense. Unless one agrees that God likes playing games with children.
Also, maybe you want to look up 'tough love' and see it that is not applicable to things you now reject.
Veiled condescension aside, tough love isn't sending a child in to the woods alone in order to prove your point. That's beyond abusing parenting.

But hey - whatever it takes to excuse your God I suppose.
:D

Tcg
Savant

Post #47

Post by Tcg »

ttruscott wrote:
Tcg wrote:We also know that God is terminally absent.
In light of billions(?) claiming otherwise, what is your proof they are lying or delusional?
That is a big question mark and a possible appeal to a known logical fallacy.

I didn't state that any are lying or delusional. I stated that fact that God is terminally absent.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Tcg
Savant

Post #48

Post by Tcg »

ttruscott wrote:
Generally in Christian theology the inability to hear GOD is a detriment caused by sin, not an expression of the way of things.
Yes, I know "Christian theology" very well. I also know that claiming something is an aspect of "Christian theology" is evidence only that something is an aspect of "Christian theology." This claim provides zero evidence that this claim based only on "Christian theology" is true.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Tcg
Savant

Post #49

Post by Tcg »

ttruscott wrote:
Tcg wrote:If God is here, why are you defending him instead of allowing him to defend himself?
He proved HIMself to me and quite a few others...because you missed it does not prove it never happened.
So you claim. Not surprisingly, you, rather than God, are making this claim for him. Your very action supports my point. Thanks for providing it.

Tcg

- American Atheists

- wiploc

- Irvin D. Yalom

otseng
Savant

Post #50

Post by otseng »

Tart wrote: The faithlessness you have! What I know is that God is in control! Not you.. repent and humble yourself... be faithful!
:warning: Moderator Warning

Please no personal attacks and no preaching.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.