Near-Death-Experiences

Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

Compassionist
Guru

Near-Death-Experiences

Post #1

Post by Compassionist »

Has anyone on this forum had a Near-Death-Experience? If so, how was it for you? I had one when I was four. I saw a tunnel then met some glowing people who said I was going to save the world. I am actually working to save the world through the worldwide charity I founded 12 years ago. Please see: https://www.facebook.com/CanWithCandle and https://twitter.com/Can_With_Candle Thank you.

Dimmesdale
Sage

Re: Near-Death-Experiences

Post #2

Post by Dimmesdale »

[Replying to post 1 by Compassionist]

I have not had a near-death experience myself strictly speaking, but I have read and listened about them, and they seem to confirm certain aspects people take to be real: the God is unconditional love, that the purpose of life is to love and help others, that we are all connected and so on and so forth. All these things I completely agree with.

I don't believe everything NDEs teach, but most of the overriding themes I am on board with 100%.

I think we are all meant to save the world, the most by simply being aware and being present. By aligning ourselves with truth and the present moment, by fighting for what's right and practicing what we preach, or doing our best at any rate, we contribute to the collective consciousness in a meaningful way.

We have to cultivate freedom and awareness, and accelerate the waking state of all humanity, and of all sentient beings.

Compassionist
Guru

Post #3

Post by Compassionist »

Dimmesdale wrote: [Replying to post 1 by Compassionist]

I have not had a near-death experience myself strictly speaking, but I have read and listened about them, and they seem to confirm certain aspects people take to be real: the God is unconditional love, that the purpose of life is to love and help others, that we are all connected and so on and so forth. All these things I completely agree with.

I don't believe everything NDEs teach, but most of the overriding themes I am on board with 100%.

I think we are all meant to save the world, the most by simply being aware and being present. By aligning ourselves with truth and the present moment, by fighting for what's right and practicing what we preach, or doing our best at any rate, we contribute to the collective consciousness in a meaningful way.

We have to cultivate freedom and awareness, and accelerate the waking state of all humanity, and of all sentient beings.
Thank you for your reply. The problem with unconditional practices is that they are not sustainable in a world of impermanence e.g. stars give out light and heat unconditionally and consequently run out of the hydrogen which fuels them and so they die out.

Compassionist
Guru

Post #4

Post by Compassionist »

Menotu
Sage

Post #5

Post by Menotu »

[Replying to post 1 by Compassionist]

I've always found the topic of NDEs fascinating. While not ever experienced one (that I remember anyway) I've listened to (or read about) many who have. I wonder if it's the brain trying to make sense out of the current situation?
Personally, I'm more inclined to believe the experiences of reincarnation to be real and actual more than NDEs.

Compassionist
Guru

Post #6

Post by Compassionist »

Menotu wrote: [Replying to post 1 by Compassionist]

I've always found the topic of NDEs fascinating. While not ever experienced one (that I remember anyway) I've listened to (or read about) many who have. I wonder if it's the brain trying to make sense out of the current situation?
Personally, I'm more inclined to believe the experiences of reincarnation to be real and actual more than NDEs.
I am a strong agnostic about the ultimate nature of reality. I don't know what happens after living things die. I know that bodies decompose but I don't know if we have an immortal soul. There is no evidence for the existence of immortal souls. Brains exist but souls probably don't. I would love to go to heaven but I am not convinced such a thing exists. It is possible that the near-death-experiences are caused by altered neural activities. There are two types of religions. Type 1: Resurrection happens after we die and we go to heaven or hell. Type 2: Reincarnation happens. Neither of these are proven with evidence. Obviously, if someone dead (not nearly dead, totally brain dead) came back to life and could show us using functional MRI scanner his or her memories of heaven or hell that would prove the claims.

Menotu
Sage

Post #7

Post by Menotu »

Compassionist wrote:

I am a strong agnostic about the ultimate nature of reality. I don't know what happens after living things die. I know that bodies decompose but I don't know if we have an immortal soul. There is no evidence for the existence of immortal souls. Brains exist but souls probably don't. I would love to go to heaven but I am not convinced such a thing exists. It is possible that the near-death-experiences are caused by altered neural activities. There are two types of religions. Type 1: Resurrection happens after we die and we go to heaven or hell. Type 2: Reincarnation happens. Neither of these are proven with evidence. Obviously, if someone dead (not nearly dead, totally brain dead) came back to life and could show us using functional MRI scanner his or her memories of heaven or hell that would prove the claims.
There's so much that exists that we have no evidence of (or at the very least almost no knowledge of). That's one of the things that makes life interesting IMO.
And we don't have to know or have evidence of everything. Sometimes, a little mystery is good IMO

Compassionist
Guru

Post #8

Post by Compassionist »

Menotu wrote:
Compassionist wrote:

There's so much that exists that we have no evidence of (or at the very least almost no knowledge of). That's one of the things that makes life interesting IMO.
And we don't have to know or have evidence of everything. Sometimes, a little mystery is good IMO
I would prefer to be all-knowing and all-powerful because then I can go back in time and prevent all suffering, unfairness and deaths and make an infinite number of equally all-knowing and all-powerful beings and give everyone an infinite number of universes each to play with.

William
Savant

Post #9

Post by William »

[Replying to post 8]

Compassionist: I would prefer to be all-knowing and all-powerful because then I can go back in time and prevent all suffering, unfairness and deaths and make an infinite number of equally all-knowing and all-powerful beings and give everyone an infinite number of universes each to play with.

William: Could you consider the possibility that this is what actually happened and somehow you were caught up in it and that is why you are currently experiencing this particular reality universe?

Perhaps we exist in a creation of an all knowing and all powerful being as representing It's knowing of suffering and compassion together?

Compassionist
Guru

Post #10

Post by Compassionist »

William wrote: [Replying to post 8]

Compassionist: I would prefer to be all-knowing and all-powerful because then I can go back in time and prevent all suffering, unfairness and deaths and make an infinite number of equally all-knowing and all-powerful beings and give everyone an infinite number of universes each to play with.

William: Could you consider the possibility that this is what actually happened and somehow you were caught up in it and that is why you are currently experiencing this particular reality universe?

Perhaps we exist in a creation of an all knowing and all powerful being as representing It's knowing of suffering and compassion together?
It's possible. I am a strong agnostic about the ultimate nature of reality. Are we living in a simulation? May be, may be not. Life would be awesome if there were no suffering, unfairness and deaths. These things ruin what could be an amazing experience. I feel so much grief about all the suffering, unfairness and deaths. I wish I could go back in time and prevent all suffering, unfairness and deaths but I can't.