Could Islam be reformed?

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

van
Apprentice

Could Islam be reformed?

Post #1

Post by van »

There are so many supposed "misunderstanders" of Islam- the muslim terrorists that have been guided by the hateful and violent verses in the Quran and hadith.

Yet the Quran is supposed to be so straight forward???

So many Imam preaching hate, yet Islam is supposed to be about tolerance? What gives?

Pazuzu bin Hanbi
Sage

Post #11

Post by Pazuzu bin Hanbi »

I have encountered that line of talk before, Woland, from muslims — and yet they get very antsy when asked the questions you just did. I’m very interested to know good’s response, especially to the 1st two questions since I am an apostate.

What I’ve come across before is quotations from the Qur’ân (hilariously, taken out of context) that “there is no compulsion in religion�, or “let there be no compulsion in religion�. As I pointed out in a blog post of mine, however, threatening (whether directly or indirectly) punishment for changing your belief means that an ex–muslim ends up compelled by force to remain — at least for show — in that specific belief. Since belief is something that you generally can’t help, I would describe such a state of affairs as nothing other than compulsion. This by its translation from theory (Qur’an) into practice (reality) renders the famous ayat at 2:256 patently false.
لا إلـــــــــــــــــــــــــــه

good
Banned
Banned

Post #12

Post by good »

Pazuzu bin Hanbi wrote:I have encountered that line of talk before, Woland, from muslims — and yet they get very antsy when asked the questions you just did. I’m very interested to know good’s response, especially to the 1st two questions since I am an apostate.

What I’ve come across before is quotations from the Qur’ân (hilariously, taken out of context) that “there is no compulsion in religion�, or “let there be no compulsion in religion�. As I pointed out in a blog post of mine, however, threatening (whether directly or indirectly) punishment for changing your belief means that an ex–muslim ends up compelled by force to remain — at least for show — in that specific belief. Since belief is something that you generally can’t help, I would describe such a state of affairs as nothing other than compulsion. This by its translation from theory (Qur’an) into practice (reality) renders the famous ayat at 2:256 patently false.

I say this word of God who created us and not the words of Muslims to argue God created us and we have to follow Dinah

Islam is not made Muslims, but are made by God who created us
If you were to bet on this Vaana I hope you read the scientific miracle in the Quran makes it clear that the Word of God right
I'm afraid my friend I want you to get into heaven and all the people why the denial and the evidence found

Islam is not a man-made and Muslims, racism, but of God who created all people

good
Banned
Banned

Post #13

Post by good »

Pazuzu bin Hanbi wrote:I have encountered that line of talk before, Woland, from muslims — and yet they get very antsy when asked the questions you just did. I’m very interested to know good’s response, especially to the 1st two questions since I am an apostate.

I give you an example
Stick to your son did not care for your tips in the interest of your son

Angry and says I am your father, I have the right to follow what I say do not disobey

God created us the right to follow him

God has the wisdom and the interest created in, we do not teach

Pazuzu bin Hanbi
Sage

Post #14

If my son wanted to live his life in a way contrary to my suggestions, then I would be happy for him as long as he wasn’t hurting himself or others.

And I would NEVER EVER damn anyone to hell literally for all eternity simply for not following me or for not believing that I existed. Does that make me morally superior to god? :-k

good
Banned
Banned

Post #15

Post by good »

Islam to the worship of any reasonable human beings or inanimate to be denial, but claim to worship the God who created you

good
Banned
Banned

Post #16

Post by good »

Pazuzu bin Hanbi wrote:If my son wanted to live his life in a way contrary to my suggestions, then I would be happy for him as long as he wasn’t hurting himself or others.

And I would NEVER EVER damn anyone to hell literally for all eternity simply for not following me or for not believing that I existed. Does that make me morally superior to god? :-k

If you have done a great achievement and thank the invention of another people
Is it anger??

God's anger, because He created everything

-------------------------------

And religion can go in its application, and admit us to Paradise Paradise reason why??

Look at the sky and the earth and the mountains and the sea, creating a truly great man did not create the very futility of the worship of God the Creator and worthy of worship

God made you life, hearing, sight and given to you from rain water, and made the children to you to what arrogance of worship ???????????

When you give a man a great gift
And harm to you
Anger
God created everything, and the greatest achievement of the ??????????????????????????????

I hear what God says in the Koran

Pazuzu bin Hanbi
Sage

Post #17

I keep having serious difficulties understanding you, but I think I got the message there. You mean that god has done so much for us, and it’s a bit bastardy of us not to appreciate it? Well, god is supposedly the ultimate and perfect being — why, then, would allah feel human emotions like anger at such a petty thing?

If you want to make that analogy (gratefulness), let me point out that I express gratitude towards my parents for all they did for me as a helpless baby and child, but I don’t worship them for it!

Joshua Patrick
Apprentice

Post #18

Post by Joshua Patrick »

I have encountered that line of talk before, Woland, from muslims — and yet they get very antsy when asked the questions you just did. I’m very interested to know good’s response, especially to the 1st two questions since I am an apostate.

What I’ve come across before is quotations from the Qur’ân (hilariously, taken out of context) that “there is no compulsion in religion�, or “let there be no compulsion in religion�. As I pointed out in a blog post of mine, however, threatening (whether directly or indirectly) punishment for changing your belief means that an ex–muslim ends up compelled by force to remain — at least for show — in that specific belief. Since belief is something that you generally can’t help, I would describe such a state of affairs as nothing other than compulsion. This by its translation from theory (Qur’an) into practice (reality) renders the famous ayat at 2:256 patently false
Would you say as an ex-devout Muslim that due to muslims being compelled by force to remain or atleast for show in that specific belief, that if it was not compelled by force to stay you would get alot of Apostate's of Islam,as brave as yourself?

Obviously you cannot speak for all muslims, but you must have a faint idea or opinion on this matter?

good
Banned
Banned

Post #19

Post by good »

Pazuzu bin Hanbi wrote:I keep having serious difficulties understanding you, but I think I got the message there. You mean that god has done so much for us, and it’s a bit bastardy of us not to appreciate it? Well, god is supposedly the ultimate and perfect being — why, then, would allah feel human emotions like anger at such a petty thing?

If you want to make that analogy (gratefulness), let me point out that I express gratitude towards my parents for all they did for me as a helpless baby and child, but I don’t worship them for it!

You did not create a child and the people, and the heavens and the earth

-------------------------------------

And thank you for your courage and your discussion
But I explained to you that Islam is a religion is true not only for the benefit of me I'm Muslim, but your interest and the fear of hell and the wrath of God and enter heaven because "everyone will die and he will abide in hell or heaven

Pazuzu bin Hanbi
Sage

Post #20

Joshua Patrick wrote:Would you say as an ex-devout Muslim that due to muslims being compelled by force to remain or atleast for show in that specific belief, that if it was not compelled by force to stay you would get alot of Apostate's of Islam,as brave as yourself?

Obviously you cannot speak for all muslims, but you must have a faint idea or opinion on this matter?
Aye. Well, considering the number of ex–muslims already and forums such as Councils of Ex–Muslims across various countries, I’d have to say yes. A lot of muslims repeatedly bring up the fact that numerous people convert to Islâm everyday (argumentum ad numerum), yet neglect to mention that of those converts, quite a few go on to leave Islâm as well — but keep it on the hush hush.