Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

haak123
Student

A very beautifull essay about how to be happy

Post #1

Post by haak123 »

Hi everybody,
I've read a beautifull essay about happiness and how to achive it.

this is the link and I'm sure that you'll get happy after reading and being convinced with what you've read

http://saaid.net/Anshatah/dawah/62.htm

haak123
Student

Post #11

Post by haak123 »

RDCH wrote:Hey haak123, I finally did post a review, I hope you have some time to read it or consider it. I carefully analyzed the entire text, quoted the passages I did not agree with, and explained my criticism.
One of the elemnts of the good writer is to be convinced with what he/or she writes thats why it is "Completely biased from a muslim view " as what you said.

Yes that is a good arguement. But the writer of the essay is fully convinced of it, so that it turns him into a bad writer. He does not subtlely build up a climax, he just rashes through all kinds of, for him evident, principles, but he does not take in account the view of his readers, which in a persuasive essay, is absolutely necessary.

Be aware, I am not criticizing Islam, I am only criticizing the author of this article (who seems to be well-known, wow?), and I am saying he did not write his essay properly according to the essay rules. Or he must have overlooked something, or he didn't have the proper education to writing essays.

Read here why I think the title of beatiful is inappropriate for this essay:
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... hp?t=15678
Well, it is your point of view of the style of the essay, you probably concerns about the style and structure of the text, but from my view point I think that the core is more important than the shape.
Generally, I"ll read (In Sha'a Allah) your topic :) .

RDCH
Student

Post #12

Post by RDCH »

haak123 wrote: Well, it is your point of view of the style of the essay, you probably concerns about the style and structure of the text, but from my view point I think that the core is more important than the shape.
Generally, I"ll read (In Sha'a Allah) your topic :) .
You got it right; as a student of Language & Literature: English & German I think style matters as much as content.

Kuan
Site Supporter

Post #13

Post by Kuan »

RDCH I understand your concern regarding format and style which does play a big deal in essays. Personally though, I judge an essay by the content. It all is important, I just hold content higher than the rest. It really is personal opinion.

Haak123, I very much enjoyed this essay and thank you for you taking your time to post it. I am very ignorant or your beliefs and I do think that I learned a lot from this. What intrigued me where a lot of the similarities between my beliefs and Islam.

I think we could accomplish a lot by the three Abrahamic religions focusing on similarities rather than differences. Kudos to Murad for this too!
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
- Voltaire

Kung may ayaw, may dahilan. Kung may gusto, may paraan.

RDCH
Student

Post #14

Post by RDCH »

mormon boy51 wrote:RDCH I understand your concern regarding format and style which does play a big deal in essays. Personally though, I judge an essay by the content. It all is important, I just hold content higher than the rest. It really is personal opinion.
Of course the content is more important than the style; but if the style is not good, the content does not leave a lasting impression as good as if it were done with style. But that is what distinguishes Literature with a capital L from literature with a small l.
mormon boy51 wrote:Haak123, I very much enjoyed this essay and thank you for you taking your time to post it. I am very ignorant or your beliefs and I do think that I learned a lot from this. What intrigued me where a lot of the similarities between my beliefs and Islam.

I think we could accomplish a lot by the three Abrahamic religions focusing on similarities rather than differences.
Focusing on the similarities, but not ignoring the differences.
The Abrahamic religions may have the same base and a couple of similar principles, but the way they interpret them is totally different.

haak123
Student

Post #15

Post by haak123 »

mormon boy51 wrote: Haak123, I very much enjoyed this essay and thank you for you taking your time to post it. I am very ignorant or your beliefs and I do think that I learned a lot from this. What intrigued me where a lot of the similarities between my beliefs and Islam.

I think we could accomplish a lot by the three Abrahamic religions focusing on similarities rather than differences. Kudos to Murad for this too!
I appreciate your presence in my post. thanks : )