Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Tart
Banned
Banned

Can an amputee grow a limb?

Post #1

Post by Tart »

Im still wondering about this claim... What person who asks such a question will come to faith in Christ and truly demonstrate an answer?

Or what faithful person will truly ask such a prayer in faith?

I want to know the answer, though i wont ask it cuase im not faithful to such a prayer... Im a rational person...

Tcg
Savant

Re: Can an amputee grow a limb?

Post #11

Post by Tcg »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
If someone has absolute faith in the one true God and his Son for his limb to be restored, there is no doubt it will be.
That's quite a claim. Given your confidence in it's truth, I eagerly await your list of folks your one true God and his Son have done this for. I'm sure you wouldn't make a claim you can't provide verifiable evidence of.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

sorrento
Student

Post #12

Post by sorrento »

Until science discovers the secret of the tiny aolotl, a creature that can regenerate its spine, its heart, and even its brain, there is no way a human limb can be regenerated. I have read that a human's ability to regenerate is limited to the liver and the skin.
I'm afraid that anyone claiming that human limbs can be regenerated by the power of prayer hasn't got a leg to stand on!

benchwarmer
Guru

Re: Can an amputee grow a limb?

Post #13

Post by benchwarmer »

JehovahsWitness wrote: If someone has absolute faith in the one true God and his Son for his limb to be restored, there is no doubt it will be.

WHEN WILL PRAYERS FOR NEW LIMBS BE ANSWERED ?
  • The bible doesn't however say when prayers will be answered, it is reasonable to conclude the answers for prayers for new* limbs will be granted in God's new paradise where everyone will enjoy sound bodies in perfect health. * not artificial
[/list]
Well that's just typical. Your prayer will be answered in the invisible, undetectable place that no one has any verifiable evidence for.

Apologetics sure is fun isn't it? If there is an obvious problem, make something up and declare it to be true!

If there were ONE single person who had absolute faith, there should be a lot less people in hospitals and wandering around limbless. Since hospitals continue to be full of the sick, dying, and limbless we can conclude one of the following:

1) There is no god who will grant requests of healing or limb restoration.
2) There IS a god who could grant these requests but is not going to.
3) There IS a god who will grant these requests if they are made by an absolute believer.

Number (1) and (2) amount to the same thing. There's no point in making the request. For number (3) it's clear that either there are no absolute believers currently alive, or these absolute believers can't be bothered to take 2 minutes and request all limbless people be restored.

It seems in all cases it amounts to the same thing. Don't bother wasting your time making such requests. There is either no one to hear you, no one who will do what you ask, or you are not worthy of asking.

brunumb
Savant

Post #14

Post by brunumb »

[Replying to post 13 by sorrento]
I'm afraid that anyone claiming that human limbs can be regenerated by the power of prayer hasn't got a leg to stand on!
Particularly if one of them has been amputated. ;)
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #15

Post by Zzyzx »

I predict that if humans ever regrow limbs, it will be a product of science NOT religion.
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

brunumb
Savant

Post #16

Post by brunumb »

Zzyzx wrote: I predict that if humans ever regrow limbs, it will be a product of science NOT religion.
I will pray that you are correct ;)
That aside, I have no doubt science will achieve that goal and religion will immediately claim it on behalf of God.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

bjs
Prodigy

Post #17

Post by bjs »

[Replying to post 12 by JJ50]

:warning: Moderator Warning

Please refrain from using one-line statements of opinion. This is debate site. Support your thought with well developed arguments.

Because of the unusually high volume of one-liners that have been removed from this user, a warning is being issued.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

JJ50
Banned
Banned

Post #18

Post by JJ50 »

[Replying to post 17 by bjs]

Oh for pity's sake as a MOD you are a pain in the rear end, no wonder this forum isn't as popular as others of its ilk.

I shall remove myself from the forum, and trouble you no longer.

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #19

Post by Zzyzx »

[Replying to post 18 by JJ50]

JJ50 has been banned for refusal to abide by Forum Rules
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

The Nice Centurion
Sage

Re:

Post #20

Post by The Nice Centurion »

brunumb wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:28 pm [Replying to post 13 by sorrento]
Particularly if one of them has been amputated. ;)
So is "god" incapale of healing an amputated leg?

If so, why?

Or is does he just not wish to heal an amputated leg?

If so, why?
“If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. But if you drown a man in a fish pond, he will never have to go hungry again🐟

"Only Experts in Reformed Egyptian should be allowed to critique the Book of Mormon❗"

"Joseph Smith can't possibly have been a deceiver.
For if he had been, the Angel Moroni never would have taken the risk of enthrusting him with the Golden Plates❗"