The good seed

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Bobcat
Apprentice

The good seed

Post #1

Post by Bobcat »

In the book of Matthew Jesus states that the one who sows the good seed is the son of man. So In sending His followers as He was sent Jesus is saying His followers are the son of man because they are to do just as He did.

Matthew 13:37
37 He answered, "The one who sows the good seed is the Son of Man;

Where else does Jesus indicate He is not alone as the son of man?

Miles
Savant

Re: The good seed

Post #11

Post by Miles »

Bobcat wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:21 pm
In John 17 Jesus clearly states His genuine followers are One with Him and the Father and He also has stated that His brothers and sisters do the will of God just as He did. So just because Christianity wants to keep Jesus on a pedestal that doesn’t mean it is correct. Jesus clearly says He is not alone.
John 17:WHAT? There are 26 verses to John 17. I ask because in neither the King James Version, the New American Standard Bible, the Revised Standard Version., nor the American Standard Version do the words " One with Him" or "One with Him and the Father" appear. Jesus does not clearly state them.

So, just what verse, and in what Bible, do you see Jesus make such a statement?

Bobcat
Apprentice

Post #12

Post by Bobcat »

2timothy316 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:09 pm
Bobcat wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:21 pm
2timothy316 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:40 pm
Bobcat wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:10 pm
2timothy316 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:11 am
Bobcat wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:30 pm In the book of Matthew Jesus states that the one who sows the good seed is the son of man. So In sending His followers as He was sent Jesus is saying His followers are the son of man because they are to do just as He did.

Matthew 13:37
37 He answered, "The one who sows the good seed is the Son of Man;

Where else does Jesus indicate He is not alone as the son of man?
In this verse Jesus is the Son of Man it doesn't refer to other people as being the Son as Man as well. How do we know? It's by reading further in the text. Jesus was explaining the illustration of the weeds in the field.

"In response he said: “The sower of the fine seed is the Son of man; the field is the world. As for the fine seed, these are the sons of the Kingdom, but the weeds are the sons of the wicked one."

The fine seed are the sons of the Kingdom not the Son of Man. There are 2 persons and 2 groups referred to in these verses.
1. The Son of Man-The sower-Jesus.
2. The fine seed-sons of the kingdom-Christians
3. Weeds-sons of the wicked one-wicked mankind
4. The wicked one-Satan

Note sons of the kingdom is plural. The Son of Man is not the Sons of Man.

Now, does this mean that one can't become Jesus' equal? No. These though are not called Son of Man but adopted as Sons of God and Brothers to Christ.(Ga 4:1-7) But that opens a whole new can of worms and a much deeper discussion that is for those that can eat solid spiritual food. First for one to eat solid spiritual food one must understand what a human is and accepting that a human born in sin never has been and can never be equal to Jesus Christ, the Son of God. (Gen 3:19) Also one must understand not everyone will be adopted as Sons of God and become Jesus' equal, but will still have the reward of eternal life as a human.(Matthew 5:5; Psalm 37:1)
You are only looking at the one parable. Jesus sends His followers as He was sent. This shows they too sow the good seed and become son of man. Jesus is also the son of the kingdom of God. Christianity has failed in following the son of man because they do not keep His commandments.
Sowing seed doesn't make a person the Son of Man. To think that because a human can speak and God can speak too doesn't make God a human or a human God Almighty. This is a logical fallacy to think just because two persons can do the same thing it makes them equal. It doesn't. In the scripture the Son of God is clearly singular and the sons of the kingdom are clearly plural. And yes Jesus can be one of sons of the Kingdom but that doesn't mean that many can be the Son of God.

While the evidence is clear that many that call themselves Christians do not follow the teachings of Jesus Christ, one can't say all who call themselves Christians are not following Christ. This is what is called a generalization fallacy. Judging all based on the acts of some or even a majority doesn't make that judgment true.
In John 17 Jesus clearly states His genuine followers are One with Him and the Father and He also has stated that His brothers and sisters do the will of God just as He did. So just because Christianity wants to keep Jesus on a pedestal that doesn’t mean it is correct. Jesus clearly says He is not alone.

“My Mother Brothers and Sisters do the will of my Heavenly Father.”

“I have given them the glory you gave me so that they may be One as we are One, I living in them, you living in me so that they may be completed in perfection as One.”
The scriptures say that those that follow Christ follow are as one or in unison. Nowhere do the scriptures say being one with Christ doesn't make a person the Son of Man. Brothers and sisters sure. Jesus is the only one that receives the title Son of Man in the Greek Scriptures. John isn't called that, Matthew isn't either. None of the apostles are called the Son of Man.
Scripture says the son of man is actually a mighty army.

13 As I watched in the night visions, I saw one like a human being coming with the clouds of heaven. And he came to the Ancient One and was presented before him.
14 To him was given dominion and glory and kingship, that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that shall not pass away, and his kingship is one that shall never be destroyed.
15 As for me, Daniel, my spirit was troubled within me, and the visions of my head terrified me.
16 I approached one of the attendants to ask him the truth concerning all this. So he said that he would disclose to me the interpretation of the matter:
17 "As for these four great beasts, four kings shall arise out of the earth.
18 But the holy ones of the Most High shall receive the kingdom and possess the kingdom forever—forever and ever."

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #13

Post by 2timothy316 »

Bobcat wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:31 pm

13 As I watched in the night visions, I saw one like a human being coming with the clouds of heaven. And he came to the Ancient One and was presented before him.
14 To him was given dominion and glory and kingship, that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that shall not pass away, and his kingship is one that shall never be destroyed.
15 As for me, Daniel, my spirit was troubled within me, and the visions of my head terrified me.
16 I approached one of the attendants to ask him the truth concerning all this. So he said that he would disclose to me the interpretation of the matter:
18 But the holy ones of the Most High shall receive the kingdom and possess the kingdom forever—forever and ever."
No where in this scripture does it say the Son of Man.
Holy ones are not the same as the Son of Man.
The title Son of Man in the Greek Scriptures is unique to Jesus only.

"But Jesus said to him: “Foxes have dens and birds of heaven have nests, but the Son of man has nowhere to lay down his head.” Matt 8:20
'His head'. Singular not plural.

Bobcat
Apprentice

Post #14

Post by Bobcat »

2timothy316 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:32 am

"But Jesus said to him: “Foxes have dens and birds of heaven have nests, but the Son of man has nowhere to lay down his head.” Matt 8:20
It says one like a human being. This is indicating a man who is given the kingdom and all people shall serve him but Daniel was given the meaning that it is the holy ones of the Most High. So there you have it, the son of man is a multitude of people as Jesus indicated. Christianity is wrong!

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #15

Post by 2timothy316 »

Bobcat wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:55 pm

It says one like a human being. This is indicating a man who is given the kingdom and all people shall serve him but Daniel was given the meaning that it is the holy ones of the Most High. So there you have it, the son of man is a multitude of people as Jesus indicated. Christianity is wrong!
There is no scriptural bases for this claim. This claim is adding words to scripture that are not there and making connections where there are none. The only mention of 'son of man' is when Daniel himself is being addressed. (Dan 8:17) Yet again it is singular and not plural.

"I saw one like a human being coming with the clouds of heaven. And he came to the Ancient One and was presented before him."
The use of the words ONE and HE meaning a single person and not many. Again, singular and not plural.

Still no evidence that many people are the Son of Man. Everything points to a singular person. That person is Jesus Christ only.

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #16

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

2timothy316 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:41 am

There is no scriptural bases for this claim. This claim is adding words to scripture that are not there and making connections where there are none. The only mention of 'son of man' is when Daniel himself is being addressed. (Dan 8:17) Yet again it is singular and not plural.

"I saw one like a human being coming with the clouds of heaven. And he came to the Ancient One and was presented before him."
The use of the words ONE and HE meaning a single person and not many. Again, singular and not plural.

Still no evidence that many people are the Son of Man. Everything points to a singular person. That person is Jesus Christ only.
Yeshua was anointed as a prophet of God in fulfillment of what Moses said about God sending a prophet that Isreal was to listen too. All the prophets of God are anointed, and as shown in Ezekiel, such as in Ezekiel 28:2, whereas the LORD addressed Ezekiel "son of man".

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #17

Post by 2timothy316 »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:31 pm
2timothy316 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:41 am

Yeshua was anointed as a prophet of God in fulfillment of what Moses said about God sending a prophet that Isreal was to listen too. All the prophets of God are anointed, and as shown in Ezekiel, such as in Ezekiel 28:2, whereas the LORD addressed Ezekiel "son of man".
These are still instances of a single person being called 'son of man'. None of these texts are referring to several or groups of people. Ezekiel is being called the 'son of man' in the Bible, God's angel is addressing one person. Not a group. Ezekiel is not the Son of Man being refereed to in the New Testament. The Son of Man in the New Testament is referring to Jesus.

William
Savant

Post #18

Post by William »

Anyone who has a father can be called the son [or daughter] of man.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #19

Post by 2timothy316 »

William wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:12 pm Anyone who has a father can be called the son [or daughter] of man.
But not every son of man is the Christ.

William
Savant

Post #20

Post by William »

2timothy316 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:24 pm
William wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:12 pm Anyone who has a father can be called the son [or daughter] of man.
But not every son of man is the Christ.
The meaning of the expression is controversial. Interpretation of the use of "the Son of man" in the New Testament has remained challenging and after 150 years of debate no consensus on the issue has emerged among scholars.{SOURCE}
Better then to refer to biblical Jesus as "The Christ" then.