Insider trading - why is it illegal?

For the love of the pursuit of knowledge

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

Insider trading - why is it illegal?

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

I don't think insider trading should be illegal.

I thnk the system is rigged and insider trading laws in effect make people think the system is not rigged. I would rather remove the law and allow insider trading so that the market can effectively factor in insider trading.

Can someone argue for insider trading?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

kjw47
Under Probation

Re: Insider trading - why is it illegal?

Post #11

Post by kjw47 »

Wootah wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:51 pm I don't think insider trading should be illegal.

I thnk the system is rigged and insider trading laws in effect make people think the system is not rigged. I would rather remove the law and allow insider trading so that the market can effectively factor in insider trading.

Can someone argue for insider trading?

Congress has a law where they are allowed to do insider trading, yet everyone else will get arrested. pure hypocrisy. And its strange when a stock is going to boom, before the news is told to the public it has already risen quite a bit. =insider trading. On the tv-stock channels=20 minutes behind real time quotes to a normal investor, instant real quotes to the already rich. Why is that> This whole system is corrupt to the core. Its all rigged for the already rich.