Homosexual son gets married

What would you do if?

Moderator: Moderators

otseng
Savant

Homosexual son gets married

Post #1

Post by otseng »

You are the President of Christian Women Against Gay Marriages. You come home one day from a meeting and your 18 year old son reveals that he is a homosexual. Furthermore, he announces to you that he has ran off with his boyfriend over the weekend to Massachusetts and has gotten married. He shows his diamond wedding ring to you.

What do you do? How do you explain this to your CWAGM members?

(Be reminded that no debates on other peoples' posts are to be posted here, only what you would do if you were in this situation)

MikeH
Sage

Post #21

Post by MikeH »

goat wrote:That is assuming that there is a standard bell curve. I suspect that the bell curve might be scewed, one way or another
Hmmm....skewed which way and why?

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #22

Post by Goat »

MikeH wrote:
goat wrote:That is assuming that there is a standard bell curve. I suspect that the bell curve might be scewed, one way or another
Hmmm....skewed which way and why?
I suspect that there will be slightly more 'pure' heterosexuals than homosexuals, from my observations, and because the urge have sex with the opposite gender is a reproductive advantage.

MikeH
Sage

Post #23

Post by MikeH »

goat wrote:I suspect that there will be slightly more 'pure' heterosexuals than homosexuals, from my observations, and because the urge have sex with the opposite gender is a reproductive advantage.
So assuming that 'pure homosexuals' represent an extremely small percentage of the population, do you think the "you're just born that way" message could lead anybody else in the vast majority to think that they must be a 'pure homosexual' at the first small twinge of attraction to the same sex?

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #24

Post by Goat »

MikeH wrote:
goat wrote:I suspect that there will be slightly more 'pure' heterosexuals than homosexuals, from my observations, and because the urge have sex with the opposite gender is a reproductive advantage.
So assuming that 'pure homosexuals' represent an extremely small percentage of the population, do you think the "you're just born that way" message could lead anybody else in the vast majority to think that they must be a 'pure homosexual' at the first small twinge of attraction to the same sex?
There is a huge range of diversity when it comes to sexuality. Not my business to tell what one person is or another. I think your saying 'you must be a pure homosexual' argument is a straw man. Most people know who they are attracted too.

MikeH
Sage

Post #25

Post by MikeH »

goat wrote:There is a huge range of diversity when it comes to sexuality. Not my business to tell what one person is or another. I think your saying 'you must be a pure homosexual' argument is a straw man. Most people know who they are attracted too.
Let me clarify:

The main line we have come to know and love is "I was born that way." While we know that this is true for a tiny fraction of the population, it does not address the huge range of diversity, thereby reinforcing the same "A" or "B" scenario that religionists usually promote.

Blood On Your Hands
Student

Post #26

Post by Blood On Your Hands »

Homosexuality is a sin right?
Yet.
Homosexuality hurts no-one.
People don't choose to be homosexual.

Does that seem unfair?

MikeH
Sage

Post #27

Post by MikeH »

Blood On Your Hands wrote:Homosexuality hurts no-one.
Sin encompasses self-destructive acts. This doesn't mean that such acts should be illegal, but they can still be sin.

Where are you getting this information from?
We've already addressed that the vast majority do.

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #28

Post by Goat »

MikeH wrote:
Blood On Your Hands wrote:Homosexuality hurts no-one.
Sin encompasses self-destructive acts. This doesn't mean that such acts should be illegal, but they can still be sin.

Where are you getting this information from?
We've already addressed that the vast majority do.
Really?? Because you said so? The homosexual I know claim they didn't choose.

I don't remember choosing to be heterosexual. When did you choose to be heterosexual?

MikeH
Sage

Post #29

Post by MikeH »

goat wrote:Really?? Because you said so? The homosexual I know claim they didn't choose.
And I know homosexuals who say they did. Are your homosexuals more reliable than my homosexuals?

As we addressed, only a very small percentage are biologically 100% gay based on the continuum. A small, but larger, percent are also 100% hetero. The rest have varying degrees and therefore have the power to choose.

I don't remember choosing to be heterosexual. When did you choose to be heterosexual?
Again, an orientation is like a taste for something, for food even. You can develop this without knowing, without choosing, based on environment. You can also choose to change it if you wish once you realize that you have a choice.

upallnite
Sage

Post #30

Post by upallnite »

I do not see how this would be a problem for the president of CWAGM. I think this could easily be spun into a benefit. This is what I think would actually happen.

As the president I would be a public figure. As a member of a group called CWAGM I would not be concerned with other people feelings. I am doing Gods work! If disowning a family member and draging them thru the mud is what God wants then that is what I must do.

First I would have to do damage control. Acting fast is important because groups like CWAGM have people trying to discredit them. I would look for any time that my son has spent time away from the family. I am likely to find plenty of this because his sexuality was not known to me. I would point to this time and claim it is when the "Gay Agenda" used its devious schemes to convert my innocent young son to attack me and CWAGM. Latter this could be used as a reason to keep your children in church, private schools, and Christian Universities.

Then publicly I would ask my son to submit to whatever type of reconditioning CWAGM suggest for homosexuals. If he excepts then I play the triumphant leader card proving that I am the right person to be president of CWAGM. If he does not except then I encourage others to safe guard their children so that they do not lose them to the "Gay Agenda".