Jesus is God - walking in the Garden

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

Jesus is God - walking in the Garden

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

Genesis 3:8 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden. 9 But the Lord God called to the man, “Where are you?”
Revelation 1:12 I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands, 13 and among the lampstands was someone like a son of man,[d] dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest.
Now if you read on the seven lampstands are the seven churches.

Both images are pictures of God walking in His garden, tending to it. He found Adam and Eve with fault and removed them from the garden and in Revelation Jesus threatens to remove any lampstand that falters as well.
Revelation 2:5 If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place.
So in Genesis the Lord God is walking in the garden and in Revelation the Lord God is walking in the garden.

Is this proof that Jesus is the Lord God?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Wootah
Savant

Re: Jesus is God - walking in the Garden

Post #21

Post by Wootah »

boatsnguitars wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:15 am
Is he talking about literal lampstands?
Were they literal trees?

They is part of the beauty of the Bible.
Symbolism is usually more important.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #22

Post by boatsnguitars »

Wootah wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:21 pm
boatsnguitars wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:15 am
Is he talking about literal lampstands?
Were they literal trees?

They is part of the beauty of the Bible.
Symbolism is usually more important.
Definitely agree. In all mythology, symbolism is more important than literal facts. It's what makes the arts so wonderful. 👍
“And do you think that unto such as you
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew
God gave a secret, and denied it me?
Well, well—what matters it? Believe that, too!”
― Omar Khayyâm

Tcg
Savant

Post #23

Post by Tcg »

Wootah wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:47 pm
Genesis 3:8 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden. 9 But the Lord God called to the man, “Where are you?”
Revelation 1:12 I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands, 13 and among the lampstands was someone like a son of man,[d] dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest.
Now if you read on the seven lampstands are the seven churches.

Both images are pictures of God walking in His garden, tending to it. He found Adam and Eve with fault and removed them from the garden and in Revelation Jesus threatens to remove any lampstand that falters as well.
Revelation 2:5 If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place.
So in Genesis the Lord God is walking in the garden and in Revelation the Lord God is walking in the garden.

Is this proof that Jesus is the Lord God?
Proof? In a subforum where the Bible is not considered authoritative? Of course not. Your Bible quotes provide nothing of value. This is of course true especially in this subforum where the guidelines have been ignored and everywhere else the Bible is quoted as evidence.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Wootah
Savant

Post #24

Post by Wootah »

Tcg wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:42 pm
Proof? In a subforum where the Bible is not considered authoritative? Of course not. Your Bible quotes provide nothing of value. This is of course true especially in this subforum where the guidelines have been ignored and everywhere else the Bible is quoted as evidence.

Tcg
I am not asking you to take the verses as the word of God in this forum. But within the book called the Bible do you see any connection between the verses I posted and within the book called the Bible do you think the book is calling Jesus God at this point? If it is not a topic of interest move to another one please.

If we were discussing Harry Potter and whether Snape was a good or bad guy you would look at the evidence within the text like we are doing. No need to worry for you if it is actually true. If I was not interested in the question on Snape being good and evil I wouldn't post in the thread and waste the people enjoying the website's time.

But to be clear I am not in this thread arguing the texts prove Jesus is God of the real universe. That would be in the wrong forum.

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #25

Post by TRANSPONDER »

Wootah wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:38 am
Tcg wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:42 pm

Tcg
I am not asking you to take the verses as the word of God in this forum. But within the book called the Bible do you see any connection between the verses I posted and within the book called the Bible do you think the book is calling Jesus God at this point? If it is not a topic of interest move to another one please.

If we were discussing Harry Potter and whether Snape was a good or bad guy you would look at the evidence within the text like we are doing. No need to worry for you if it is actually true. If I was not interested in the question on Snape being good and evil I wouldn't post in the thread and waste the people enjoying the website's time.

But to be clear I am not in this thread arguing the texts prove Jesus is God of the real universe. That would be in the wrong forum.
I see no connection. Genesis has a garden described roughly as the world of Egypt to Mesopotamia (1) and no arboreal lampstands mentioned. Trees are there, but unlike the trees of Valinor, they do not appear to provide illumination.

By Revelation, All that area is part of the Roman Empire, the Churches are not even the (later) main ones but 7 local brick boxes with a few fanatics in them. I see no garden, but only churches symbolised as lampstands. I see no connection to trees or to Eden. Please put us right, if you can. Given that a rather contrived twist was concocted to make Snape a hero (the Problems don't help) you at least need to indicate the evidence that he targetted Harry because he was on Voldemort's side, even if that is all cover - up. I don't see the connection of Revelation to Eden even without a case that it all means something else.

Off you go :)

(1) Gen 2.8 Now the Lord God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed. 9 The Lord God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
10 A river watering the garden flowed from Eden; from there it was separated into four headwaters. 11 The name of the first is the Pishon; it winds through the entire land of Havilah, where there is gold. 12 (The gold of that land is good; aromatic resin[d] and onyx are also there.) 13 The name of the second river is the Gihon; it winds through the entire land of Cush.[e] 14 The name of the third river is the Tigris; it runs along the east side of Ashur. And the fourth river is the Euphrates.