The Christian Response to Homosexuality

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

micatala
Site Supporter

The Christian Response to Homosexuality

Post #1

Post by micatala »

Many Christians consider homosexual practices to be immoral. The forum has multiple threads which include arguments as to whether or not homosexuality should be considered immoral, and even whether this position is supported Biblically.

In this thread, we will take it is a given that homosexuality is immoral.

Under this assumption, what should the response of Christians be to the existence of homosexuality? How should we interact with or treat persons who are homosexuals?

In terms of political society, what sort of laws should Christians support with respect to homosexuality? If there is to be unequal treatment of homosexuals under the law, what is the Biblical basis for this?

Again, arguments concerning the morality of homosexuality are not relevant to the thread. What is relevant is discussion of the possible Christian responses to homosexuality, and what valid rationale there are for these responses.

1John2_26
Guru

Post #221

Post by 1John2_26 »

Quote:
Did not Jesus promise to send his Holy Spirit to guide his followers in the correct path? With the Holy Spirit of God to guide them, how could real Christians ever be mistaken about God's word?

Until my "faith" in the typical "Christian" stuff was shaken and shattered by a series of life events, I didn't question certain things.

Wouldn't that position actually disqualify your input? Your view is now slanted is it not? What about Christians that don't have their faith shattered while being typical Christians?
One problem is that most "religous" peple are taught to NOT question things about the foundations of their "particular" faith.
That is an opinion only. Most Christians come from the life they oppose being forced into Christian acceptance. They left a life where they embraced sin without caring about God. A Christian does not demand that their sins find acceptance, promotion and celebration in a Bible-based and true Church.
So it goes for Mormons, Catholics, various fundamentalists...etc.
Uhhhhh, not so fast. Mormons do not believe in the same Jesus as Catholics and various fundamentalists. The Mormons have a wierd religion based somewhat on the New Testament. That is in their own words, where Satan is a brother to Jesus.
Yet (by the grace of the Creator, or human instinct), some people DO manage to ask pertinent questions about what they believe, know or think they know. Honestly, that isn't a BAD thing, even if for some it is a painful thing.
It appears that the Liberals and Gay people are indeed facing the pain of their incorrect positions being challenged by very knowledgeable Christians.
The most important thing to note, is that such a journey doesn't necessarily end up causing everyone to be "faithless", many come out of it stronger than before; but the process has typically altered their "faith". I'm not shocked one iota, that some people can only believe in PART of what the Bible says, or that various "Christians" disagree on "foundational" issues.
People that are wrong seldom like to be told about it. They like it less when they are showed how wrong they are. Liberals would rather alter words and meanings than to see the truth of their lies being exposed for what they really are.
And what bothers me the most, is that Jesus Himself addressed that people would have varying degrees of faith and devotion.
And that false teachers would arise, and that "we" are to be ready for "them."
Unfortunately, the weak ARE often preyed upon, rather than prayed over.
The youth. So targeted by the Gay Agenda. They need prayer to be saved from embraing homosexuality.
That is, those who consider themselves STRONGER or more "worthy", have often ganged up against those who likely have little or no faith; or they might simply disagree with the "faith" of another (meat vs. vegetables...etc.).
Shouldn't the "Church" body expel homosexuals that scream to celebrate and promote homosexuality? The answer is a resounding "yes."
McCulloch poses an important question above. I "believe" I have an answer, but it is almost impossible for that answer to be universally accepted. The most neutral yet reasonable answers however, originate from all the things which many (not all) people tend to view as powerless:

Now, McCulloch appears very much to be an anti-Christian. Why would an anti-Christian person have any value in a thread about "The Christian Response to Homosexuality?"

Faith, hope, grace, compassion, tolerance, empathy, sympathy and love.

Let's break those down in a Christian response to Homosexuality"

Faith: We Christians should have faith that anyone can leave a life of debauchery and homosexuality. That is the consistent message of the New Testament.

Hope: Never stop hoping that a person will choose to leave a homosexual lifestyle.

Grace: Anyone and everyone is accepted by God's grace. No matter the condition they are in when they "Call on the Name of the Lord, to be saved!" Amen.

Compassion: Having compassion for Christians and protecting them from the harm of embracing homosexuality should never leave the heart of the Christian, for their brother or sister in Christ.

Tolerance: Should never be equal to affirming homosexuality. Christians can and should only tolerate homosexuality outside of the Church body.

Empathy: Everyone has the same feelings of guilt, shame, and regret, for embracing a life of sin and the Christian knows this all too well. Homosexuality is an act of sin and not a defining label of a person.

Sympathy: Christians must have sympathy for people caught in the lies and lifestyle that supports, promotes and celebrates, embracing and affirming homosexuality, within the Church.

Love: Christians must love one another as Christ loved them. Reaching out and preaching against homosexuality and its affirmation and celebration, even if it means great harm and persecution for the individual Christian taking a stand against evil and taking a stand for Christ Jesus.
People aren't machines; they aren't programs running DATA in all the same ways. So, I question things that others many not, and they might question some things I may have great amounts of certitude about. We are not ALL THE SAME. Yet, so many "Christians" have trouble accepting something the obvious paradoxes, between what "religion" says, and what people DO as a result of the "religion" they've ingested and/or disgested.

Christians must realize that Jesus preached on false teachers trying to lead believers astray. Homosexuality is taught by false teachers as something to embrace. No Christian has the capacity to claim they were not alerted to the false teachers teaching heresy in celebrating homosexuality any more than false teachers in Mormonism, or any other non-Christian movement, claiming the title of Christian.
I've never had a problem with the fact that reigion is a part of many people's lives, but I've always been tentative about the effect it has on certain people. For some, it just AMPLIFIES much of what was negative (hatred, fear, violence...etc.) in them, and for others it fixes/repairs a lot of things which they might not otherwise have worked out without it.
The Christian response to homosexuality can only be that it is a fixable sin. In keeping with the New Testament writings there is no other position that can be justified.
And while I believe in the concept of God "helping" people to make sense of things and to be holy, I don't agree that much good comes from people arguing or insisteing that THEIR "holy spirit" (or biblical interpretation of it) necessarily trumps someone elses.
The Christian response to that would be: Stop criminalizing our dissent of celebrating homosexuality. Stop the labeling and stop the targeting of Christians to submit or face criminal charges. There is a real attempt by homosexuals to defeat Christians. What they can never achieve outside the Church, they are trying full force from within.

I think what likely should happen (if Jesus be the example), a heartfelt "appeal" to another is made, compassionately and earnestly; without compulsion or abject fear, but always "communicating" that there is true regard and concern for them.

A Christian response to homosexuality from Paul of Tarsus:
The very fact that you have lawsuits among you means you have been completely defeated already. Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be cheated? Instead, you yourselves cheat and do wrong, and you do this to your brothers.

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders 10nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

The body is not meant for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. By his power God raised the Lord from the dead, and he will raise us also. Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never! Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, "The two will become one flesh."

But he who unites himself with the Lord is one with him in spirit.

Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body. Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.
And Paul gave much to help the Christian in their response. So vivid then, so appropriate now.
I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith."

God's Wrath Against Mankind

The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.

Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.
Certainly, the Christian response to homosexuality . . . should not be to also approve of those who practice it.

melikio
Guru

More hateful spewing of DISTORTIONS, from 1John.

Post #222

Post by melikio »

Now, McCulloch appears very much to be an anti-Christian. Why would an anti-Christian person have any value in a thread about "The Christian Response to Homosexuality?"
So what of your "perception" as to how McCulloch "appears"? If you were judged strictly upon your "appearance" here, you might be dismissed as a hateful person. But the reality is, the FORUM itself doesn't EXCLUDE those who may be or are hostile to "Christianty" or certain aspects of it. As a matter of fact, it doesn't EXCLUDE the perspective an ATHEIST might have on this topic.

The "Christian Response" can be analyzed from many perspectives, not an exclusively "biblical" view. I think the Bible represents many good things to be learned, but the "Christian" response is NOT limited to the verses and contexts you and others might choose. You would understand more, if you accepted that; but I don't expect or demand the same.
Christians must realize that Jesus preached on false teachers trying to lead believers astray. Homosexuality is taught by false teachers as something to embrace. No Christian has the capacity to claim they were not alerted to the false teachers teaching heresy in celebrating homosexuality any more than false teachers in Mormonism, or any other non-Christian movement, claiming the title of Christian.
Do you hear yourself? Have you understood the meaning of many of your own claims? Why don't you DISQUALIFY YOURSELF?
Stop criminalizing our dissent of celebrating homosexuality.
Another Christian response would be: Stop celebrating HYPOCRISY and PARTIAL TRUTHS (distortions). You do that a lot, 1John; and it doesn't help anything period; a case could be made against you tailoring Scripture to support your distorted views of other human beings (in this case, homosexuals).

If YOU don't see the hatred in YOUR "message" (religion), then I hope others like myself will feel obliged to point it out to you (every time). Not to change you at all, but to balance things out as God might have it.

The Bible doesn't necessarily say what you mean, by what you say from it. You disagree? So be it.

-Mel-
"It is better to BE more like Jesus and assume to speak less for God." -MA-

Suzanne
Scholar

Post #223

Post by Suzanne »

tselem wrote:
chachynga wrote:Think about it, and you are all just working in mans understanding to reason instead of getting Understanding from Gods word. Not Very Healthy!
You ignore the fact that human reason factors into "getting understanding from God's word." You read the Bible through human eyes. This means your prejudices will influence your understanding of the Bible.

OUR PREJUDICES??? determine OUR understanding of what we read In the SCRIPTURE???

NOT IF WE have been TRAINED TO not have any DISLIKE FOR or hatred FOR ANYTHING BUT what GOD HAS called ABOMNIBLE and SIN......

AND YOU FIND OUT what SIN AND ABOMINATIONS ARE BY DOING JUST THAT READING what GOD OUR LORD HAS ALREADY HAD WRITTEN about what THOSE SINS, ABOMINATIONS ARE.....

I heard it said and is also true..... ONCE A THIEF ALWAYS A THIEF.

I heard that a LIE can and will lead to more and more lies to cover up the lie already told. this is also truth. because a lie is told to protect one from having something happen that he knows will surely happen if he tells the truth. SO the lie is told to protect him or her from what is going to come to pass if a lie is not told. and that is usually a PUNISHING OF BODY or soul that one does not want to have happen to them.. YET THE LIE will always cause pain to both eventually. BECAUSE a LIE never can solve the problem one is trying to avoid. which is a DEATH that is SURE TO COME sooner or later and can not be avoided ..

whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.

WHY IN GOD'S NAME should we NOT enjoy the LIFE THE LORD has GIVEN US . For the YEARS and time He has GIVEN US. is what I would like to know.... FOR THERE is NO JOY NOR LIGHT NOR HAPPINESS NOR KNOWING ANYTHING IN DEATH AND THE GRAVE. FOR THE DEAD KNOW NOTHING....

HE IS AFTER ALL THE LORD OF THE LIVING AND THE DEAD NOT JUST THE LIVING. I THINK WHEN I WOKE UP THIS MORING I WAS ALIVE AND WALKING AND TALKING. I HAVE NOT SEEN THE OBITUARY COLUMN YET TO SEE IF MY NAME IS AMONG THOSE THAT HAVE ALREADY GONE AWAY.. LEAVING US ALL HERE FOR the NEXT TRAIN LOAD OUTA HERE. I DO NOT know the TRAIN SCHEDUAL DON'T CARE TO KNOW IT either :):):):) MY name is already in the BOOK OF LIFE.. SO why do I LOOK FOR my Lord AMONG the DEAD ????????? WHEN HE is already here ???????? AMONG the living and the dead....

theleftone

Post #224

Post by theleftone »

McCulloch wrote:
tselem wrote:You ignore the fact that human reason factors into "getting understanding from God's word." You read the Bible through human eyes. This means your prejudices will influence your understanding of the Bible.
Did not Jesus promise to send his Holy Spirit to guide his followers in the correct path? With the Holy Spirit of God to guide them, how could real Christians ever be mistaken about God's word?
Indeed, Jesus did make this promise. Even with such guidance though, we are still human. As Paul states, "Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known" (1 Corinthians 13:12, NIV).

theleftone

Post #225

Post by theleftone »

Suzanne wrote:
tselem wrote:
chachynga wrote:Think about it, and you are all just working in mans understanding to reason instead of getting Understanding from Gods word. Not Very Healthy!
You ignore the fact that human reason factors into "getting understanding from God's word." You read the Bible through human eyes. This means your prejudices will influence your understanding of the Bible.
OUR PREJUDICES??? determine OUR understanding of what we read In the SCRIPTURE???

NOT IF WE have been TRAINED TO not have any DISLIKE FOR or hatred FOR ANYTHING BUT what GOD HAS called ABOMNIBLE and SIN......
Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. ~ 1 Corinthians 13:12

Cathar1950
Site Supporter

Post #226

Post by Cathar1950 »

That is an opinion only. Most Christians come from the life they oppose being forced into Christian acceptance. They left a life where they embraced sin without caring about God. A Christian does not demand that their sins find acceptance, promotion and celebration in a Bible-based and true Church.
That is an opinion only.
It appears that the Liberals and Gay people are indeed facing the pain of their incorrect positions being challenged by very knowledgeable Christians.
Another opinion and ill informed at that.
People that are wrong seldom like to be told about it. They like it less when they are showed how wrong they are. Liberals would rather alter words and meanings than to see the truth of their lies being exposed for what they really are.
You have no idea what liberals think or feel. They are just your scapegoats.
Shouldn't the "Church" body expel homosexuals that scream to celebrate and promote homosexuality? The answer is a resounding "yes."
Another opinion.
Maybe he knows more then you. I having been raised a Christian and move beyond the dogma still relate to Christians and can speak from the inside having run the course of religious experience. I also feel much of the Jewish sentiment and understand where they are coming from and share much of their insight. So what?
The Christian response to homosexuality can only be that it is a fixable sin. In keeping with the New Testament writings there is no other position that can be justified.
That is only on possible Christian response. There are others. When ever a Christian responds that would be a Christian response. Given there are many Christian views including Mormons, your view is just one opinion among many despite your biblical focus. Your opinion would be a bible- believing 19th century American evangelical bias.
The Christian response to that would be: Stop criminalizing our dissent of celebrating homosexuality. Stop the labeling and stop the targeting of Christians to submit or face criminal charges. There is a real attempt by homosexuals to defeat Christians. What they can never achieve outside the Church, they are trying full force from within.
Here you fail to even have an opinion. It is just your wishes. As long as some advocate discrimination and killing you force the laws need to protect individuals from making them a scapegoat.
Certainly, the Christian response to homosexuality . . . should not be to also approve of those who practice it.
Another opinion among many possible responses and opinions. What is to say the spirit has not lead others to think differently?

Suzanne
Scholar

Post #227

Post by Suzanne »

tselem wrote:
McCulloch wrote:
tselem wrote:You ignore the fact that human reason factors into "getting understanding from God's word." You read the Bible through human eyes. This means your prejudices will influence your understanding of the Bible.
Indeed, Jesus did make this promise. Even with such guidance though, we are still human. As Paul states, "Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known" (1 Corinthians 13:12, NIV).

IF we can SEE past the VEIL that covers the face of MOSES and see the man that was within INTO the HEART that had GOD INSIDE. then more would be able to see CHRIST that is within.. the heart of Mankind..

I remember writting I believe in here not to long ago for all to look within the EYES that stare back at that person in the mirror... TO SEE what is within the heart .. IT is one thing to see ones own REALITY OF what is within that heart BUT QUITE ANOTHER to be able to see what is within anothers heart... that takes more then just seeing what is VISABLE TO be seen BY ALL THAT ARE looking ..... at what is the visable and cannot see what is within... THAT TAKES more then EYESIGHT . it takes a INSIGHT and DISCERNMENT OF the soul of that man or woman .. who can know the SOUL OF A MAN but another man BUT who can KNOW the SPIRIT OF A MAN but another SPIRIT THAT KNOWS that spirit OF a MAN ... IT is called DISCERNING OF spirits. FOR we all have a soul BUT NOT all are LOVING, KIND, FAITHFUL, LONGSUFFERING, GENTLE, PEACFUL, JOYFUL, GOOD.

THERE ARE those spirits that are , FORNICATORS* (SEXUALLY IMMORAL*), UNCLEAN, LEWD, IDOLATORS, SORCERERS, HATRED, CONTENTIOUS, JEALOUS, OUTBURSTS OF WRATH, SELFISH AMBITIONS, DISCENDERS, HERESY, ENVY, MURDERS, DRUNKENESS, REVILERS, and the such. THESE as being told before hand will not inherit the KINGDOM of GOD.

DO WE NOT ALL fall into the CATAGORY of THOSE THAT SIN ???CARNAL OF the FLESH

OR ARE THERE THOSE THAT FALL in the CATAGORY OF BEING BORN AGAIN of the SPIRIT ... THAT IS spoken of as that BAPTISM THAT ONLY COMES through FAITH IN THAT ONLY BEGOTTEN SON WE CALL JESUS the RISEN CHRIST...

THE LORD is OUR KING and HE IS OUR CHIEF REWARD...

Psa 70:3 Let them be turned back for a reward of their shame that say, Aha, aha.

Psa 94:2 Lift up thyself, thou judge of the earth: render a reward to the proud.

Psa 127:3 Lo, children [are] an heritage of the LORD: [and] the fruit of the womb [is his] reward.

Pro 11:18 The wicked worketh a deceitful work: but to him that soweth righteousness [shall be] a sure reward.

Pro 24:20 For there shall be no reward to the evil [man]; the candle of the wicked shall be put out.

Ecc 4:9 Two [are] better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour.

Mat 5:46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

Mat 6:4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

Mat 16:27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

2Pe 2:13 And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, [as] they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots [they are] and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you;

Rev 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

1Th 1:3 Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;

Jhn 1:33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

Jhn 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward [is] with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Jhn 21:25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

Suzanne
Scholar

Post #228

Post by Suzanne »

Cathar1950 wrote:
That is an opinion only.
Depends on what One understand God has said Is HIS CHURCH????
Another opinion and ill informed at that.
I don't believe that BEING TOLD what God has already had written, said, and taught, that are an abomination OF FORNICATION ACTS.. SODOMY, OR BEASTIALITY IMMORAL SEXUAL ACTS, is being ILL INFORMED

It is just the opposite IT IS BEING INFORMED THAT one MIGHT be able to TURN FROM the sinful thing they do RATHER THEN CONTINUE IN THAT SIN willingly and ON PURPOSE because TO WILLFULLY SIN AFTER ONE HAS KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT SIN IS there is no more SACRIFICE FOR SIN. Hebrews 10; 26:
You have no idea what liberals think or feel. They are just your scapegoats.
I do not agree that THOSE that RECOGNIZE when they are shown their faults cannot and do not agree that they were wrong. yet many do not admit their wrong doing simply because they do not want to know they have done wrong in the first place because this points out the sin they are already and have been guilty of.. and it does not take a liberal or a conservative to be guilty or ability of either ADMITTANCE, OR DENIAL when it is told to them. I HAVE TO LEAVE but I will try to get back to this..
Another opinion.
Maybe he knows more then you. I having been raised a Christian and move beyond the dogma still relate to Christians and can speak from the inside having run the course of religious experience. I also feel much of the Jewish sentiment and understand where they are coming from and share much of their insight. So what?
That is only on possible Christian response. There are others. When ever a Christian responds that would be a Christian response. Given there are many Christian views including Mormons, your view is just one opinion among many despite your biblical focus. Your opinion would be a bible- believing 19th century American evangelical bias.
Here you fail to even have an opinion. It is just your wishes. As long as some advocate discrimination and killing you force the laws need to protect individuals from making them a scapegoat.
Another opinion among many possible responses and opinions. What is to say the spirit has not lead others to think differently?

melikio
Guru

Religious Opinions are Fine; Religious Compulsion Isn't

Post #229

Post by melikio »

What is to say the spirit has not lead others to think differently?
IF the "spirit" grants one FAULTY human being control over other FAULTY human beings, then I think it is RIGHT for faulty human beings to QUESTION the "spirit".

The fact has been and REMAINS, that unsless we can prove something is DIRECTLY from God, then all we have is "faith" or "opinion" to support it. While I respect people's right to their faith and their opinion, I DO NOT support the destructive and foolish idea that they can compel, force or coerce other people into "honoring" (celebrating) the same. And the problems which come of that are clearly beyond the scope of this single thread.

Homosexuality is one subject, but "religion" complicates that subject to a degree that likely will not or cannot be resolved by mere discussion, except amongst those who possess similar opinions, views or like minds. And it all becomes negative, as soon as people decide to FORCE their views, instead of present them for "consideration".

-Mel-
"It is better to BE more like Jesus and assume to speak less for God." -MA-

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #230

Post by McCulloch »

1John2_26 wrote:Now, McCulloch appears very much to be an anti-Christian. Why would an anti-Christian person have any value in a thread about "The Christian Response to Homosexuality?"
In [url=http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=42493#42493] Argumentum ad hominem[/url], McCulloch wrote:Argumentum ad hominem literally means "argument directed at the man". They falsely assume that characteristics of the person responsible for an argument imply that the argument itself must have certain characteristics, or that the characteristics of the person responsible for the argument are relevant to the acceptability of the argument itself.
Thank you for providing such a clear example.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John