Moderator: Moderators

LillSnopp
Scholar

My Hatred for Americans

Post #1

Post by LillSnopp »

My Hatred for Americans - A Badly Written Poem By LillSnopp

I hate Americans, i say it like this.

My reason for it, is that the vast amount of Americans are ignorants, as i prefer calling them. They live their little life, secluded somewhere in some American State, and talk about how great their country is.

I hate these people.

Imagine yourself, living there.. Been nowhere, seen nothing, but yet, you are, the Supreme. You are the greatest, and everyone, yes, absolutely everyone, that is not there, is jealous of you, poor them, indeed... Poor them.

I hate them to.

I see them, living their lifes, claiming it to be so good, so good. Yet, i see others, living better, saying nothing, somewhere... Outside (the border)...

I do not hate them.

Since World War II, this has been. Britain, France and the Netherlands, would have been German, if it was not for them. Forgetting not the Soviets then? 13 million Russians Dead, not counted, in the eyes of Uncle Sam. No No, it was US, we did it, thank us! thank us!

Arrogant too.

And France then, their greatest supporter, since 1776 to what end? Surrender monkeys, cowards and thieves, forgetting then, that without them they would not be...

keltzkroz
Apprentice

Post #31

Post by keltzkroz »

But that still does not excuse the present administration starting an illegal war under false pretences with changing aims (WMD's, toppling Sadam, bringing democracy to the Middle East, etc., etc.) and at great cost to both Iraq and America.
The only thing I disliked about the war in Iraq is that they could have waited for more solid information about what was going on in Iraq before they decided on what their objectives were and acting on it.

Chem
Apprentice

Post #32

Post by Chem »

Quote:

As Spiderman's uncle said "With great power comes great responsibility", something not shown by the present administration.

It would do everyone some good if you could elaborate and backup your statement.
The invasion of Iraq ("shock and Awe") and the futile search for WMD's or was the Bush Administration using a Vernier code where they actually substituted WMD for OIL?

Why invade? Iraq was not the threat (perceived or otherwise) as posited by the administration. Any one who dared question the evidence was smeared- Joseph Wilson's wife for example.

Chem
Apprentice

Post #33

Post by Chem »

The only thing I disliked about the war in Iraq is that they could have waited for more solid information about what was going on in Iraq before they decided on what their objectives were and acting on it.
But why invade in the first place? If Bush's aim is to topple every corrupt or dictatorial regime then some of his allies are amongst the most notorious- Pakistan and Saudi Arabia for example.

From an outsiders view the invasion is just another example of imperialism. The list is quite long- Philippines, Latin and South America, Vietnam.....Even democratically elected governments are not safe (Chile, Venezeula).

Don't get me wrong, I think America is a great place but when you have set standards that you expect others to follow, you must be sure to lead. The Abu Garaib and Guantanamo Bay incidents do not potray america in a good light.

Chem
Apprentice

Post #34

Post by Chem »

My reason for it, is that the vast amount of Americans are ignorants, as i prefer calling them. They live their little life, secluded somewhere in some American State, and talk about how great their country is.
You could say this for the vast majority of people everwhere. This type of "nationalism" is a problem especialy when the corporate media reinforce their beliefs.

However a country that produced such minds as Pauling, Seaborg, Sagan, Feynaman, Gould et al you have to give them the benifit of the doubt.
"I'd rather know than believe" Carl Sagan.

"The worst Government is the most moral. One composed of cynics is often very tolerant and humane. But when the fanatics are on top there is no limit to oppression." H.L. Mencken

Wyvern
Under Probation

Re: My Hatred for Americans

Post #35

Post by Wyvern »

LillSnopp wrote:My Hatred for Americans - A Badly Written Poem By LillSnopp

I hate these people.

Imagine yourself, living there.. Been nowhere, seen nothing, but yet, you are, the Supreme. You are the greatest, and everyone, yes, absolutely everyone, that is not there, is jealous of you, poor them, indeed... Poor them.

I hate them to.

I see them, living their lifes, claiming it to be so good, so good. Yet, i see others, living better, saying nothing, somewhere... Outside (the border)...

I do not hate them.

Since World War II, this has been. Britain, France and the Netherlands, would have been German, if it was not for them. Forgetting not the Soviets then? 13 million Russians Dead, not counted, in the eyes of Uncle Sam. No No, it was US, we did it, thank us! thank us!

Arrogant too.

And France then, their greatest supporter, since 1776 to what end? Surrender monkeys, cowards and thieves, forgetting then, that without them they would not be...
First off I think you've been watching too much american tv especially regarding the comments about france. From what I have seen in this post you consider it right and proper for you to be proud of your country but if americans do so we are being arrogant. As far as being secluded in some state, you have to understand, the US is big, simply geographically big. This being so it is not as easy for us to travel around, except when taking major vacations or moving.
On another note are you stating your views from first hand experience or simply from what you see on television?

LillSnopp
Scholar

Post #36

Post by LillSnopp »

First off I think you've been watching too much american tv especially regarding the comments about france. From what I have seen in this post you consider it right and proper for you to be proud of your country but if americans do so we are being arrogant. As far as being secluded in some state, you have to understand, the US is big, simply geographically big. This being so it is not as easy for us to travel around, except when taking major vacations or moving.
On another note are you stating your views from first hand experience or simply from what you see on television?
I am not proud of my country at all. I dont know where you get that idéa from. But my country is far superior in all possible ways (Education, Medical care, Culture and so forth), this has nothing to do with "proud of my country", but reality. Check the facts about our different countries, and you realize it.

I never been to the United States, I only seen it on TV. Like Miami Vice and CSI.

What has size to do with anything? EUROPEANS travel OUTSIDE of Europe. So i dont really get your point here. You can travel to Canada and Mexico, its CLOSE, and very easy indeed. And thats just two countries.

foshizzle
Apprentice

Post #37

Post by foshizzle »

Yes, Miami Vice and CSI really capture everyday events for the majority of Americans.

And why would I want to go to Mexico, when it's own citizens are so readily leaving to join us here in the US?

(Side note: I have been to Canada. Nice place.)

LillSnopp
Scholar

Post #38

Post by LillSnopp »

foshizzle wrote:Yes, Miami Vice and CSI really capture everyday events for the majority of Americans.

And why would I want to go to Mexico, when it's own citizens are so readily leaving to join us here in the US?

(Side note: I have been to Canada. Nice place.)
To see and experience a different culture then your own ?

Jepp, Miami Vice and CSI surely shows have skilled detectives you got. I am very impressed by the guys in CSI. I heard you got it in Hawaii and NY to. I think anyway.

foshizzle
Apprentice

Post #39

Post by foshizzle »

Jepp, Miami Vice and CSI surely shows have skilled detectives you got. I am very impressed by the guys in CSI. I heard you got it in Hawaii and NY to. I think anyway.
You gave me a chuckle there (honestly).

LillSnopp
Scholar

Post #40

Post by LillSnopp »

foshizzle wrote:
You gave me a chuckle there (honestly).
No need to look down on skilled detectives. I bet your just jealous of them because they are on television, and your not. Admit it.