Islam The Compassionate Way Of Life

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

HaLi8993
Guru

Islam The Compassionate Way Of Life

Post #1

Post by HaLi8993 »

God cannot be compared to mankind, hence His actions cannot be questioned. God is Fair, Just, Wise and All- Knowing. Therefore whatever He the Almighty does, is due to a legitimate reason and purpose although we may not be able to understand just why.  

A loving Mother may be forced to place her child under the knife for surgery due to a particular disease however there is no doubt she loves her child. Yet to those that do not understand the circumstances this is seen as cruel. It is God that is All-Knowing hence it is not for any of his creatures to question his doings but rather we will be questioned for ours.

So what then gives individuals the right to place their limited understandings above that of God, instead of trusting their Creator and believing and submitting with full conviction to His will. Instead mankind is arrogant and proud denying and believing that he is above the Creator in knowledge and understanding when God is the One that is the Creator of all that exists.

A Troubled Man
Guru

Post #381

Post by A Troubled Man »

HaLi8993 wrote:
It is good to hear that you are reading about Islam with an open mind, I would just like to take this opportunity to point out that there are many deviant sects in Islam to be cautious of, in order not be mislead into believing in something that is not prescribed in Islam and do not represent the true teachings of Islam as one can easily be confused and lead astray. So I would suggest that you refer what you read back to the Quran and Sunnah to clarify and confirm the truth ...
I couldn't agree with you more, many Muslims come to religious forums in order to mislead others, deviantly, they are usually spotted as the ones whose first words out of their mouths is warning others of deviant sects amongst the flock, telling them their interpretation of Islam is the correct one.

kayky
Prodigy

Post #382

Post by kayky »

I just got through watching Girl Rising on CNN and was especially angered by the treatment of women and girls by the Taliban in Afghanistan. HaL, what is your opinion of the Taliban, and what is your view of the role and rights of women?

HaLi8993
Guru

Post #383

Post by HaLi8993 »

@ Suzy
I have a lot of studying still to do so my reply will be brief and incomplete. 

To start with I have my own copy of the Quran to cross check the debaters and books on Islam that I have read so far. I will be open minded and non judgmental. 

It is beyond all doubt that there are many sincere and good Muslims. 
I don’t intend to go into a lengthy explanation of the reasons why I am worried about this religion having only got so far in my studies of this religion. 

But [and it’s a big but!] all reason has led me to believe that large parts of the Muslim world are horrible places to live in [especially for woman] 

More than this it seems to be a dangerous religion too. If I say to you “what about the suicide bombers?� you are probably going to say “They were not true Muslims� Well all I can say is that they were definitely Muslims doing what they do in the name of there religion, because of there religion and in the name of Allah. There is no question about that. But they were Muslims that probably interpret the Quran diferantaly than you do. There are a lot of factions in Islam. 

There are two points that are crucial in debating Islam for me. 
First, I am an atheist. I do not recognise any religious books as being the word of God and I never will! 
Two, the testing of this religion is not only debating the Quran, it is what is happening in the name of Islam, what is being done by Muslims even if you say they are not true Muslims. [They would say the same thing about you I suspect] 

So far it does not look good for Islam. 

One final point, I actually know a woman that went through hell as a child under the strict Muslim way of life in her country. [No, I am not basing my beliefs on just this one case] So I have got to the point that if you deny the suffering of woman under Islam then I will never debate or respond to your posts again. Sorry but that’s how strongly I feel. The Quran might not condemn women to a miserable life [although I am still studying this] but Islamic countries do. 

I respect you; I do not respect your religion.
No doubt we as Muslims acknowledge that there are places of the world in which Islam is not being followed and applied correctly and there are also places of the world in which women are treated unjustly, however in saying this I need ask you which country in the world is ruled by a totality Islamic State??, there are as mentioned previously places that have deviant sects and these places also include cultural practices that many of which have nothing to do with Islam and are simply some how connected with Islam. If a women is treated unjustly this cannot be connected with Islam as Islam does not teach such things, an entire religion cannot be ruled out discriminated or ridiculed due to the actions of others. There are many places in the world where women are treated unfairly and unjustly, in fact If one looks at the statistics one will realize that these are majority western countries not majority Muslim countries. So if anything large parts of the world ruled and governed by your own democracy have failed in protecting the rights of women, with the increase of sexual abuse, rape, murder, alcohol related incidents etc etc....God has given us the best system to abide by, to live our lives by, that  not only protects, honor and respects women but liberates them from society and it's imposed norms on her and gives her the rights she deserves.

In regards to suicide bombers this is a deep issue that needs to be analyzed based on the situation, for example if hypothetically speaking you were in a situation where by a country is at war with you, invades your country, rapes your women and children, drives you out of your land, tortures you and your people and you have no weapons to fight with, you would fight with every means possible would you not??? These people cannot be called heroes for fighting for justice but those that use drones and target innocent men, women and children day in and day out in the name of peace are heroes??? Certainly Not!!! What religious belief do these people belong too?? In the name of what are these people fighting for??? Democracy??  So really when we look at the situation there has always been warfare and there has always been a reason for fighting so we really need to look at what we are fighting for?? Is it legitimate or not??

There is only one Islam any person that rejects the teachings of Islam cannot be classified as a Muslim, so we cannot really call those that call themselves Muslim but are not practicing it's teachings. 

It's very interesting that you are reading the Quran on an unbiased point of view, but at the same time you say that you will never believe that religion is from God. This doesn't make any sense Suzy, seems as though your mind is already made up.

If what is happening in the name of Islam is what you will use to test Islam then you would need to prove that Islam in fact teaches what people are doing in the name of Islam. If this cannot be proven then you have no option in believing that these people that are doing these things that you disagree with in the name of Islam have gone astray and have nothing to do with Islam. Hence you cannot blame Islam but would need to blame the people that have deviated from it's teachings. This is why we have to refer all matters back to the Quran and Sunnah.

Yes Islam is on the spot light, but this is not about the "war on Terror" as the real terrorists are those that make these claims, but rather this is a fight against ideologies, hearts and minds and most importantly a fight against Islam. We as Muslims have been told of all of what will take place before the end of time.This is no surprise for us Muslims. But no matter how much plotting and planning to destroy this beautiful religion, God is the best of planners and will protect and aid those that follow His religion. Those that are sincere will realize what is really happening and the hidden agendas behind such actions against the Muslims around the world.

As I have said, yes there are cases as there are cases in all parts of the world where a women may have gone through an ordeal however, we shouldn't blame the religion if it does not teach what someone has done of an evil action that has nothing to do with Islam and he happens to be a Muslim or a Muslim by name. 

Furthermore what Islamic countries are there??? I could say that Atheistic or democratic countries condemn women also. You cannot claim you have respect for me and have no respect for my religion, as my religion is what I am so having no respect for my religion means having no respect for me.

HaLi8993
Guru

Post #384

Post by HaLi8993 »

@ Danmark
Of course. And I am a disbeliever. 

But I am a believer in the beauty of nature. I took the photo at a place I camped at for free for five days. Along a beautiful stretch of the Salmon river in N. California in a national forest. The weather was warm enough it made the icy water a joy to swim in, or just sit in while reading. There is something very special to me about camping alone in a place like that. Just birds and squirrels and lizards for company. Wild goats and bears too, tho' I didn't see any. Easy to see why people see the hand of god in such a scene. To me it is even more wondrous to acknowledge it came to be without conscious design.
Of course you are!!

Very beautiful indeed!!, wild bears and goats?? That's a bit frightening. But I'm sure you had a fantastic time. If I were there I'm sure I would have marveled how all of what you saw could not have come into existence without a Designer, Maintainer, Sustainer and Owner of all that exists. I would also probably shed a tear or two at how beautiful God's creation is and how all of this could not have come into being through random processes or by chance. How beautiful would it be to proclaim the call to prayer in the forest having it echo through the forest and prostrate to the Lord of the worlds out of humanity and gratefulness for all that he has blessed mankind with.

All praise is to God All-Mighty.

But hey Danmark that's just me.

HaLi8993
Guru

Post #385

Post by HaLi8993 »

@ A Troubled Man
I couldn't agree with you more, many Muslims come to religious forums in order to mislead others, deviantly, they are usually spotted as the ones whose first words out of their mouths is warning others of deviant sects amongst the flock, telling them their interpretation of Islam is the correct one.
I have nothing to hide A Troubled Man, you can check everything I say via the Quran and Sunnah something you will not find deviant sects information coming from. It seems you can't handle people reading about Islam, why is this??

HaLi8993
Guru

Post #386

Post by HaLi8993 »

@ Kayky
I just got through watching Girl Rising on CNN and was especially angered by the treatment of women and girls by the Taliban in Afghanistan. HaL, what is your opinion of the Taliban, and what is your view of the role and rights of women?
I wouldn't pay to much attention to what CNN promotes and certainly not what the media say about Islam. Especially when there aim is only to create more hatred against Islam with their biased views and all.

I suggest you watch things that are more appropriate such as this, and let me know what you think:

What treatment are we talking about here?

Seeing as you have asked me about the Taliban I shall give you an answer.

The Taliban was a valid Shariah government. The methods adopted by the Taliban were in accordance to the Shariah.This had been the practice of the four rightly guided generations after the death of the Prophet (peace be upon him).

The roles and rights of the women are many, would you like to know anything in particular?

A Troubled Man
Guru

Post #387

Post by A Troubled Man »

HaLi8993 wrote:
I have nothing to hide A Troubled Man, you can check everything I say via the Quran and Sunnah something you will not find deviant sects information coming from. It seems you can't handle people reading about Islam, why is this??
Oh yes, I understand those who say they are providing the ultimate truth will stand behind their claims regardless of other sects and what they say.

Suzy
Apprentice

Post #388

Post by Suzy »

HaLi8993 wrote: @ Kayky
I wouldn't pay to much attention to what CNN promotes and certainly not what the media say about Islam. Especially when there aim is only to create more hatred against Islam with their biased views and all.

Does that include the B.B.C. here in the U.K. then?
Should I believe you and not the B.B.C.?

I have a sneaking feeling I know what your answer is going to be but we can always hope.

Suzy
Apprentice

Post #389

Post by Suzy »

[Replying to post 381 by HaLi8993]

First of all HaL let me apologise for misleading you over my saying I have an open mind with regards to Islam.
What I ment was I started out with an open mind as to Islam being a harmless peaceful religion or a nasty and dangerous religion. I am not interested in if it is true or not as I know all man made religion is false.
I am also very concerned about what I hear and read about the treatment of woman in some of the Muslim countries.

You do what most Muslims do and blame the west for suicide bombing but never blame Islam. You say the west invades other countries and tortures people, rapes the woman and children, and drives the people out of their country. Yes, there have been incidents of that happening. But no peoples or nations are perfect.
So then what happens, some people in the name of Islam react by going and blowing up innocent men woman and children to pieces. “Look at that, there goes a little girls arm flying through the air� Nice!

If the horrors committed in the name of Islam are not the real Islam then fine. Maybe there is a pure Islam that is all peaceful and loving? But I am not talking about that, I am talking about what we in the west see happening that has a blooming great big label on it that says Muslim.
You are not being attacked because we in the west hate Islam, the nice peaceful Islam that is. We are worried abut the other Islam that you say is not real Islam and as a woman I am appalled at the way woman are treated in parts of the Muslim world.

I have been debating with Christians on other web sites for some time and in all the years I have been there only two Christians have had a problem when I say its not personal, when I say its not you I am criticising its your religion. Many of the Christians are still my friends [online]
But you can’t say that to a Muslim can you.

kayky
Prodigy

Post #390

Post by kayky »

[Replying to post 384 by HaLi8993]

No. I'll pass. You've told me everything I need to know or ever need to know about Islam. Thanks.