Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

Iam
Banned
Banned

72 virgins

Post #1

Post by Iam »

Can anybody claim to think it would be heaven to be "given" 72 purpose built automaton virgins who revert to virginhood after sex? Can any sane person possibly consider that heaven?
(I hope I haven't broken rules)

HaLi8993
Guru

Post #41

Post by HaLi8993 »

@ Burninglight
Thanks for your heart felt response. The Scripture that comes to mind is Gal 3&4 I will quote only some of Gal 4 

Yes, I was free from righteousness and now a slave of righteousness; for example: I mean like the Scripture say that the heir, as long as he is a child, is no different from a slave, though he is the owner of everything, 2 but he is under guardians and managers until the date set by his father. 3 In the same way we also, when we were children, were enslaved to the elementary principles of the world. 4 But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, 5 to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. 6 And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!� 7 So you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then an heir through God. 
Christians believe we can only be right with God by meeting Him on His terms. 

It is only by grace through faith that God will make us heirs with Christ. The law cannot save us; it is a curse to us because we cannot keep it. 

21 Tell me, you who desire to be under the law, do you not listen to the law? 22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by a slave woman and one by a free woman. 23 But the son of the slave was born according to the flesh, while the son of the free woman was born through promise. 24 Now this may be interpreted allegorically: these women are two covenants. One is from Mount Sinai, bearing children for slavery; she is Hagar. 25 Now Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia; she corresponds to the present Jerusalem, for she is in slavery with her children. 26 But the Jerusalem above is free, and she is our mother. 27 For it is written, 
“Rejoice, O barren one who does not bear; 
break forth and cry aloud, you who are not in labor! 
For the children of the desolate one will be more 
than those of the one who has a husband.� 
28 Now you, brothers, like Isaac, are children of promise. 29 But just as at that time he who was born according to the flesh persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, so also it is now. 30 But what does the Scripture say? “Cast out the slave woman and her son, for the son of the slave woman shall not inherit with the son of the free woman.� 31 So, brothers, we are not children of the slave but of the free woman. 

I can clearly see this is talking Sarah and Hagar the slave woman. Ishmael rejected and Isaac the child of promise. Here we see a family feud between the seed of Ishmael and Isaac and the whole world is caught in the middle. This is why we have Judo Christianity and Islam at odds. Muhammad is from the seed of Ishmael and Jesus from the seed of Isaac and Jacob. Ishmael was no prophet. This is my worldview and it is Scriptural. Islam borrowed the virgin birth story from Christianity. The virgin birth is what makes Jesus special above other prophets. 

God does not deceive anyone. He loves even His enemies and commands us to do the same. Love tells the truth even to its enemy. God operates in love and not deception. Satan is the father of lies and the author of confusion. Jesus is the word of G-d. Jesus is the word G-d used to speak all things into existence!
Burninglight, can you show me how you are meeting God on His terms?? It is Jesus (peace be upon him) who has instructed you to follow the laws of the old Testament according to your own scriptures. Something that is clearly not taken seriously by modern Christians.

To be son is to be less than divine and to be divine is to be no one’s son. How could Jesus (peace be upon him) have the attributes of sonship and divinity altogether?

Furthermore apart from Paul's words being unreliable, one assumes that the term "son" carries only one meaning. This fails to take into consideration that the term son has a broad range of meanings throughout the Bible. The Bible often uses the term "son" in a spiritual and metaphorical manner as seen in Galatians 4:4-7.

Firstly Burninglight, according to your own scriptures, Genesis 16:2-3 it states that Hagar was given to Abraham as a wife, Secondly it is very clear that both parties, namely Christianity and Judaism, have deliberately distorted history and Biblical scripture in order to hide the legitimacy of Prophet Ishmael as the first born son of Prophet Abraham, as well as his rights as the first born son which is supported by the very Bible of the Christians and the Jews, all for the purpose of their own agenda's.

This fact of corruption was also brought to light by Prophet Jesus (peace be upon him) in the Gospel of Barnabas, where Jesus (peace be upon him) accuses the scribes and Pharisees of the same crime of changing the text of the Torah and substituting the name of  Ishmael (peace be upon him) with that of Isaac (peace be upon him).

All evidence in the Torah points to the fact that the promise made from Allah to Abraham (peace be upon him) was fulfilled in Prophet Ishmael (peace be upon him). The corruption of the Torah by the scribes was brought to light in the book of Jeremiah 8:8 were it is written:

"“How can you say, we are wise, since we have Yahweh’s Law? Look how it has been falsified by the lying pen of the scribes.�

Moreover all Prophets are special and there is nothing that makes Jesus (peace be upon him) more special then any other Prophet that came to pass.

When Allah deceived his enemies such as the enemies of the prophets, it was to derail their plans, their evil plans. I see no evil in that, Allah is helping out his prophets, the good people. Allah does not deceive good people to harm them as Satan does, Allah just plots and plans on his enemies when they plan and plot against him, such as to kill his prophet or harm the Muslims.

Jesus (peace be upon him) came with the words of God!!

HaLi8993
Guru

Post #42

Post by HaLi8993 »

@ Iam
Islam's paradise is for men. Just as their earth is. Everything that is haraam on earth is allowed in paradise for men. The religion of muhammad is a religion for men only as is their paradise.
Wrong again Iam, Paradise and earth is for women also. Everything that is haram
on earth is allowed for women in Paradise also and the religion of God is for all!

Pazuzu bin Hanbi
Sage

Post #43

Post by Pazuzu bin Hanbi »

HaLi8993 wrote:Everything that is haram on earth is allowed for women in Paradise
Yay, they’ll finally get to taste the supreme deliciousness that is bacon!
:lol:
لا إلـــــــــــــــــــــــــــه

HaLi8993
Guru

Post #44

Post by HaLi8993 »

@ Pazuzu bin Hanbi 

Everything that God All-Mighty makes unlawful for us in this life is of benefit to us, it's a shame that humans cannot appreciate this and think their own limited minds know better. I'm glad God has prohibited this meat for us in this life and prepared for the believers that will enter Paradise the most delicious of meat. Science and medical research has proven that the pig, among all other animals, is regarded as a carrier of germs that are harmful to the human body. Explaining all these harmful diseases in detail would take too long, but in brief we may list them as, parasitical diseases, bacterial diseases, viruses and so on. There are also other harmful effects that indicate that the Wise Lawgiver has only forbidden pork for a reason, which is to preserve life and health, which are among the five basic necessities which are protected by Shariah. 

All praise be to God.

Burninglight
Guru

Post #45

Post by Burninglight »

HaLi8993 wrote: @ Iam
Islam's paradise is for men. Just as their earth is. Everything that is haraam on earth is allowed in paradise for men. The religion of muhammad is a religion for men only as is their paradise.
Wrong again Iam, Paradise and earth is for women also. Everything that is haram
on earth is allowed for women in Paradise also and the religion of God is for all!
What is the logic of this? Why doesn't Allah allow it now as well?

HaLi8993
Guru

Post #46

Post by HaLi8993 »

@ Burninglight
Burninglight unlike Christianity, Islam does not believe that Jesus (peace be upon him) died for our  sins. Therefore we cannot do what we want when we want. God has made certain things unlawful to us out of His Great Wisdom and Great Knowledge. Therefore everything that is not allowed is for our own benefit. Hence God will reward those that believed in the final Prophet and Messenger (peace be upon him) and believed in the true religion and his message with the best reward ie. Paradise eternal life and bliss. 

Im sure there are many things that are not allowed within your own scriptures also that are reserved solely for Paradise alone. 

keithprosser3

Post #47

Post by keithprosser3 »

I'm sure there are many things that are not allowed within your own scriptures also that are reserved solely for Paradise alone.
Actually, I can't think of any off hand.... anybody?

HaLi8993
Guru

Post #48

Post by HaLi8993 »

@ Keith 

I can think of a few things that are mentioned in your own scriptures, firstly we can refresh our memory with Matthew 19:29 earlier in this thread then there is seeing God, drinking alcohol, eating  bread, eating and drinking at the table of Christ to name a few.

Ooberman
Banned
Banned

Post #49

Post by Ooberman »

HaLi8993 wrote: @ Burninglight
Burninglight unlike Christianity, Islam does not believe that Jesus (peace be upon him) died for our  sins. Therefore we cannot do what we want when we want. God has made certain things unlawful to us out of His Great Wisdom and Great Knowledge. Therefore everything that is not allowed is for our own benefit. Hence God will reward those that believed in the final Prophet and Messenger (peace be upon him) and believed in the true religion and his message with the best reward ie. Paradise eternal life and bliss. 

Im sure there are many things that are not allowed within your own scriptures also that are reserved solely for Paradise alone. 

Seeing a Muslim and Christian debate, or a Mormon and Christian always make me positive there is no value in religion, and no God.
Thinking about God's opinions and thinking about your own opinions uses an identical thought process. - Tomas Rees

Burninglight
Guru

Post #50

Post by Burninglight »

Ooberman wrote:
HaLi8993 wrote: @ Burninglight

Seeing a Muslim and Christian debate, or a Mormon and Christian always make me positive there is no value in religion, and no God.
Believe it or not. I see your point. But this is all part of Satan's tactics in the lives of atheists. He is happy to feed when you want to believe God doesn't exist. I have seen demons putting on shows for religious people to where demons were casting out demons as a show to keep people in religious deception which is no worse or better off than atheistic belief which is also a religion. The truth is out there and there are absolutes although the debates are ridiculous at times. The true foundation is God's word (Jesus) we are all building on it, but our work will be tested by fire to see if it endures