A QUESTION FOR ANYONE WHO HOLDS TO FREE WILL UNTO SALVATION

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Eddie Ramos
Scholar

A QUESTION FOR ANYONE WHO HOLDS TO FREE WILL UNTO SALVATION

Post #1

Post by Eddie Ramos »

How is it possible for someone to think they are truly saved (based on their free will), but truly not be saved at all?

Proverbs 30:12 (KJV 1900)
There is a generation that are pure in their own eyes,
And yet is not washed from their filthiness.

Matthew 7:22–23 (KJV 1900)
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Acts 8:13 (KJV 1900)
Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.
Acts 8:21–23 (KJV 1900)
Thou (Simon) hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God. 22 Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee. 23 For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity.

onewithhim
Savant

Re: A QUESTION FOR ANYONE WHO HOLDS TO FREE WILL UNTO SALVATION

Post #61

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to myth-one.com in post #60]
I said that these 8 million people CAN live forever as long as they remain true to Jesus and Jehovah. Death will be conquered forever after the Millennial Reign when all righteous people will be able to live forever without death interrupting their lives. (I Corinthians 15:24-26)

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #62

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:11 pm [Replying to myth-one.com in post #60]
Death will be conquered forever after the Millennial Reign when all righteous people will be able to live forever without death interrupting their lives. (I Corinthians 15:24-26)
Definition of People: human beings in general or considered collectively.

God designed human beings to die.

So, death will be conquered when there are no more human beings.

God designed angels to live forever.

Mankind is the only animal which can individually choose to become equal unto the angels and live forever, or die.

When the last living human becomes equal unto the angels, or dies, then death will have been conquered as no man will ever die again.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #63

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:43 pm
onewithhim wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:11 pm [Replying to myth-one.com in post #60]
Death will be conquered forever after the Millennial Reign when all righteous people will be able to live forever without death interrupting their lives. (I Corinthians 15:24-26)

Mankind is the only animal which can individually choose to become equal unto the angels and live forever, or die.

When the last living human becomes equal unto the angels, or dies, then death will have been conquered as no man will ever die again.
No, God did not design humans to die. He designed them to live forever, as long as they obeyed Him. God did not design angels to be immortal, though they could live forever also if they obeyed God. Humans will never die again after the Millennial Reign when they stand on God's side against Satan and prove their loyalty in the face of Satan's final act of betrayal. Then Satan goes off into destruction, showing that angels are not immortal.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #64

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:53 am
myth-one.com wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:43 pm

No, God did not design humans to die.

And it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: (Hebrews 9:27)

Was God misquoted when He made the above statement? You are not "with Him" on this one.

If God did not design mankind to die, then why do we die?

onewithhim wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:53 amHe designed them to live forever, as long as they obeyed Him.

If God designed us to live until we disobeyed God, then why is any human still alive:

For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God; (Romans 3:23)

onewithhim wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:53 am God did not design angels to be immortal, though they could live forever also if they obeyed God.

Speaking of those who will be born again of the Spirit into the Kingdom of God, the scriptures state:

Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection. (Luke 20:36)

Beings which are incapable of dying are immortal. The angels can't die, thus they are immortal.

And they will still be immortal the next 10,000 times that you claim that they were not designed to be immortal. Once immortal, always immortal.

There are physical and spiritual bodies. Those which are born of the flesh are flesh.

Those who are born of the Spirit are spirit.

Those born of the Spirit have the same characteristics as the Spirit. God is an immortal spirit and those born of the Spirit are immortal spirits.

How do you think believers in Christ shall gain everlasting life??

They are born again of the Spirit (God) as immortal spirits.

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #65

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:30 am Jesus told us all we need to know about salvation.
"...the one who has endured to the end will be saved" - JESUS CHRIST (Mat 24:13)
If the "end", such as the "end of the age" (Matthew 13:30), the "great tribulation" (day of the LORD), has not made itself manifest, as remains behind the door (Mt 24), then in what manner are you "saved", as in "survive"/"escape" per Joel 2:31-32? And in what manner have you "endured", just in case someone opens that "door"? And what about all of your 144,000 JWs who were supposedly among those to be "saved", yet are now among the dead.