Will babies who have died automatically be saved?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Celsus
Apprentice

Will babies who have died automatically be saved?

Post #1

Post by Celsus »

Will babies who have died automatically be saved, go to Heaven and get eternal life?

Mae von H
Sage

Re: Will babies who have died automatically be saved?

Post #51

Post by Mae von H »

myth-one.com wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:37 pm
Revelations won wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:08 am My take on this topic:

Is your take from the "Book of RevelationsWon" or is it actually somewhere in a Bible?

No where in the Bible. But he/she was truthful, was definitely purely their own take.

Savant

Post #52

Post by 1213 »

onewithhim wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:09 pm So? We are talking about babies here. They aren't able to reason yet and make important decisions like whether or not they want to stand with God and Christ.
If babies are not able to reason, they would not learn anything and then also you would still be the same as when you were born.

I think it is possible that person is righteous already when born, like I think John the baptist was.

...And he will be filled of the Holy Spirit, even from his mother's womb.
Luke 1:15

Revelations won
Sage

Post #53

Post by Revelations won »

To all who responded on this topic,

1213 wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:28 am
Celsus wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:40 am
Will babies who have died automatically be saved, go to Heaven and get eternal life?
If they are righteous.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Matt. 25:46

My response:

Celsus appears to raise an issue regarding babies by statting “If they are righteous”.

I would comment that if babies were unrighteous, then they would need to repent. I submit that no one from any scripture can show that babies have sinned or even have the accountability or the ability to sin before that have grown to the age of accountability for their actions.

If there is a sin committed by babies, then I challenge Celsus to so specifically name the sin they committed and when and where they committed the named sin.

I now respond to myth-one.com:

I never stated that my take was from the Bible. I merely quoted from a prophet who lived around 400 A.D. My quote was from an epistle that the prophet Mormon sent to his son Moroni regarding his testimony regarding babies and small children. He merely pointed out that infant baptism was an evil abomination. Further that “little children are alive in christ because of the atonement”.

My take is quoted from Moroni Chapter 8, verses 3 thru 26.

If you can show from the scriptures any law or commandment requiring infant baptism being required for salvation then let’s show your evidence.

If you can show from the scriptures that they have been charged with a law that they. Are capable of breaking, then show your evidence.

My position is clearly that required infant baptism is a solemn mockery before God.

That such required baptism further denies the mercies of Jesus
Christ.

So, myth-one.com if you can from the Bible show compelling evidence that there is any evidence whatever that I or the prophet testified in error regarding infant baptism or if you can show the babies have sinned or are accountable in any way, then show forth your mighty compelling evidence.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #54

Post by myth-one.com »

[Replying to Revelations won in post #53]

Infants will be treated the same as any other nonbeliever. They will be resurrected as humans at the second resurrection like every other deceased nonbeliever. They will reach maturity and be preached the gospel at that time:

For this is the reason the gospel was preached even to those who are now dead, so that they might be judged according to men in regard to the body, but live according to God in regard to the spirit. (I Peter 4:5)

They will make their informed, educated, individual, personal choice between everlasting life or everlasting death at that time!

Those born prior to Jesus' death, those billions who never even heard the name Jesus, the mentally incompetent, and possible others are in the same predicament. Likewise, the scriptures have been sealed from man's understanding. The scriptures will be unsealed and these will be preached the unsealed scriptures and choose everlasting spiritual life or everlsasting death at that time.

And baptism is not a requirement for anyone to gain everlasting life:

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

There is no mention of baptism being a requirement to have everlasting life in John 3:16!

Savant

Post #55

Post by 1213 »

Revelations won wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:35 am To all who responded on this topic,

1213 wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:28 am
Celsus wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:40 am
If they are righteous.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Matt. 25:46

My response:

Celsus appears to raise an issue regarding babies by statting “If they are righteous”.

I would comment that if babies were unrighteous, then they would need to repent. I submit that no one from any scripture can show that babies have sinned or even have the accountability or the ability to sin before that have grown to the age of accountability for their actions.

If there is a sin committed by babies, then I challenge Celsus to so specifically name the sin they committed and when and where they committed the named sin....
Maybe you meant this to me. The clear thing is that according to the Bible, eternal life is for righteous. Therefore, also baby should be righteous to get eternal life. More difficult question is, who is righteous. I have understood that righteousness means wisdom of the just, which can exist even before any actions. And actions are only result of the righteousness, not the definitive thing. Actions tells is a person righteous or not. And it is possible that even a righteous person makes mistakes. The difference between unrighteous and righteous is, righteous is sorry, if he has done wrongly and tries to be better next time. I believe a baby can be righteous right in the beginning.

And sin, I have understood it means to reject God, or to be without God. If baby is in sinful state, he is in godless state. Maybe even a baby can reject God. I don't know is it so, but I know that eternal life is only for righteous. And if person is really righteous, it means for example this:

…He who does righteousness is righteous, even as he is right-eous. He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. To this end the Son of God was revealed, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whoever is born of God doesn't commit sin, because his seed remains in him; and he can't sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are revealed, and the children of the devil. Whoever doesn't do righteousness is not of God, neither is he who doesn't love his brother.
1 John 3:7-10

onewithhim
Savant

Post #56

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to 1213 in post #55]
I would encourage all to read the posts from the beginning to get a good view of what is being discussed. There is as very good argument for babies being innocent and unable to decide whether or not they will be righteous in God's eyes.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #57

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:05 pm [Replying to 1213 in post #55]
I would encourage all to read the posts from the beginning to get a good view of what is being discussed. There is as very good argument for babies being innocent and unable to decide whether or not they will be righteous in God's eyes.
Of course babies are innocent. And one could make a case that they would be saved under the Old Testament Covenant. That is, the wages of sin is death, but babies are without sin, thus all babies are saved.

But the Old Testament has vanished away as a covenant:

In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away. (Hebrews 8:13)

Under the new covenant, we are saved by believing in Jesus as our Savior, not by being without sin. So being innocent no longer saves anyone under the New Testament Covenant:

. . . Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. (Acts 16:30-31)

Do babies believe in Jesus?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #58

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to myth-one.com in post #57]

Of course babies can't believe in Jesus. They cannot reason yet or decide on any particular way of acting or believing. They will get their chance in God's new system of things, under His Kingdom, to learn about Him and make up their minds as to what they want to do. Of course they wouldn't still be babies at that point.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #59

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:38 pm [Replying to myth-one.com in post #57]

Of course babies can't believe in Jesus. They cannot reason yet or decide on any particular way of acting or believing. They will get their chance in God's new system of things, under His Kingdom, to learn about Him and make up their minds as to what they want to do. Of course they wouldn't still be babies at that point.
That's correct!

They will be resurrected to human life once again at the second resurrection which occurs 1,000 years after the Second Coming. At that time, all nonbelievers will be resurrected and have an opportunity to accept or reject Jesus as their Savior.

Savant

Post #60

Post by 1213 »

onewithhim wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:05 pm I would encourage all to read the posts from the beginning to get a good view of what is being discussed. There is as very good argument for babies being innocent and unable to decide whether or not they will be righteous in God's eyes.
Can you decide to be righteous?

I have understood that righteousness is essentially wisdom of the just, right understanding. It does not necessary require that person has done something already. It is like state of mind. And I believe a baby can have already that right state of mind.