Jokes and funny stories

Where agnostics and atheists can freely discuss

Moderator: Moderators

VermilionUK
Scholar

Jokes and funny stories

Post #1

Post by VermilionUK »

Hi, I thought it would be a good idea to inject some humour into the land. I've posted this in the A Room to try and avoid any offence that could be caused (I know some people are easily offended). Although - if its inappropriate, feel free to lock/remove this thread.
So, any jokes/funny stories on Religion or Atheism?

I'll start with one:

A man is walking home from work, when he sees a small boy in the street with a box of kittens.
"Wow, there's some cute kittens you've got there, son!" Says the man
"Yes, they're Christian kittens" The boy replies
"Aw, thats sweet"

A week later, the man is walking back from a meeting with his friend, when he sees the same boy with his kittens.
"Judy, go and ask that boy what he's got in that box. He's got the cutest answer" Said the man
Judy walks over to the boy and asks: "Hey, what do you have there? Those kittens are so sweet"
"Yes" Replies the boy "They're Atheist kittens"
"What?" Said the man "Last week you said they were Christian kittens"
"Yeah, but now their eyes are open" Replied the boy

=D>
Funny? No? - Just me then :sadblinky:

Any other jokes/stories to share?

T-mash
Sage

Post #11

Post by T-mash »

While not directly funny stories or jokes.. since people posted pics as well I hope it's forgiven :)

One comedian that I really love personally is Tim Minchin. Tim Minchin often brings up religion or superstition/supernatural claims in his shows and has written a few comic songs about the subject as well.

= Tony The Fish - About evolution combined with a song about his sceptical view towards religion, the supernatural and alternative medicine

= The Good Book - a satire song about Christians that see their book as a good source of morality. The live version is much better imo but I couldn't find it on youtube :)

= Storm, a beat-poem about a dinner-discussion about spirituality and alternative medicine - minor thing here, it does contain a bit of strong language
Isn’t this enough? Just this world?
Just this beautiful, complex, wonderfully unfathomable natural world?
How does it so fail to hold our attention
That we have to diminish it with the invention
Of cheap, man-made Myths and Monsters?
- Tim Minchin

Bio-logical
Site Supporter

Post #12

Post by Bio-logical »

What I find really funny, besides the previous posts here, is the fact that I went out of town for Thanksgiving and asked my little brother to house-sit for me, and when I came back these were on my desktop. He left them as a gift for me and my wife (I am an Atheist, she is Catholic)

Doubt is not the end, but only the beginning of pursuit.