Paintball
100%

Total votes: 1

Ombra

Videogames VS Paintball/Lasertag

Post #1

Post by Ombra »

Hello,
I have recently got in a debate about are first person shooter video games worse than paintballing or lasertag? By worse I mean morally from a Christian perspective.I stand by my answer saying that video games are not as bad since you aren't running around physically shooting people. Is there anybody that can back me up on that with some good points and counterpoints?
Thank you,
Ombra

//Off topic
This is my first post I hope it is the right section)

Negative Proof
Site Supporter

Post #2

Post by Negative Proof »

Neither are bad because you're not actually shooting anyone with the intent to end their life or injure them. It's fiction and imagination in both cases.

Honestly, this reminds me of all the fuss that was raised by the religious over Dungeons and Dragons and Harry Potter and the like. It's fiction, imagination, and poses no threat to anyone's beliefs.
"Let the human mind loose. It must be loose. It will be loose. Superstition and dogmatism cannot confine it." - John Adams

otseng
Savant

Post #3

Post by otseng »

Video games are worse because paintball is much more fun. We used to have a group of guys from church that had regular paintball battles. The most interesting time was when some cops came. I guess the locals got concerned when they saw a bunch of people wearing camouflage running around with guns. :2gun:

elle
Apprentice

Post #4

Post by elle »

otseng wrote:Video games are worse because paintball is much more fun. We used to have a group of guys from church that had regular paintball battles. The most interesting time was when some cops came. I guess the locals got concerned when they saw a bunch of people wearing camouflage running around with guns. :2gun:
I have been scared like that before. In my defense, I'd never seen anything but my father's duty weapon before in real life and I did not know what paintball was. :lol:
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.--Carl Sagan