Wath if you never heard of Jesus?

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

dandlerespawn

Wath if you never heard of Jesus?

Post #1

Post by dandlerespawn »

Wath if you never heard of Jesus? Or those who never heard the gospel of Jesus Christ, will they be save or not?
Watch the link below. It is a video of argue between Oprah and her audience. And our preacher Bro. Eli Soriano commented on the said argue.

*There is lot of topics in one of his site. http://esoriano.wordpress.com/

resources:
http://esoriano.wordpress.com/
http://www.youtube.com

*sorry for mbad grammar*

luearts

Post #2

Post by luearts »

if i never heard of jesus, i would be 100% taoist

Murad
Guru

Post #3

Post by Murad »

Nobody except God deserves your worship.

jdach27

Re: Wath if you never heard of Jesus?

Post #4

Post by jdach27 »

Sooooooo many people fail to recognize the scope of the sheer amount of people on this planet, and the degree of diversity found everywhere. Religions found all over the world believe in the same basic principals and values, such as the idea of treating your neighbor as you would like to be treated, lying and stealing are wrong, and that there is some type of supernatural being/creator(s) at work on people and the earth. Every religious document ever produced was written by MAN. Even if a text was inspired by god, human beings make mistakes. Not to mention the fact that most religious texts have been around long enough, translated into enough languages, interpreted in enough different ways, and get used more or less prominently to promote the agenda of the institution utilizing it. In short, you follow whatever religion you follow based almost entirely on where you were born. There are moral people of every background and belief. If the Christian God sends people to hell just for being born in India and being raised Hindu, then that is NOT a god I would want to identify with.

Woland
Sage

Post #5

Post by Woland »

Murad wrote:Nobody except God deserves your worship.
Is everyone except some of the people who call themselves Muslims going to be tortured eternally?

Murad
Guru

Post #6

Post by Murad »

Woland wrote: Is everyone except some of the people who call themselves Muslims going to be tortured eternally?
It is difficult to give you a clear-cut answer that would reflect all opinions according to Islamic tradition.
But if you never heard about the prophets(Abraham,Moses,Jesus,Muhammad) you will be judged accordingly and Allah never punishes anyone who hasn't been warned.
2:62 Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord, and there is no fear for them, nor shall they grieve.
And:
[2.113] And the Jews say: The Christians do not follow anything (good) and the Christians say: The Jews do not follow anything (good) while they recite the (same) Book. Even thus say those who have no knowledge, like to what they say; so Allah shall judge between them on the day of resurrection in what they differ.
I cant judge who Christians and Muslims are. Thats for God to do.
Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" without being put to the test?
We have tested those before them, for GOD must distinguish those who are truthful, and He must expose the liars.

(Quran 29:2-3)

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---

Woland
Sage

Post #7

Post by Woland »

Murad wrote:
Woland wrote: Is everyone except some of the people who call themselves Muslims going to be tortured eternally?
It is difficult to give you a clear-cut answer that would reflect all opinions according to Islamic tradition.
But if you never heard about the prophets(Abraham,Moses,Jesus,Muhammad) you will be judged accordingly and Allah never punishes anyone who hasn't been warned.
2:62 Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord, and there is no fear for them, nor shall they grieve.
And:
[2.113] And the Jews say: The Christians do not follow anything (good) and the Christians say: The Jews do not follow anything (good) while they recite the (same) Book. Even thus say those who have no knowledge, like to what they say; so Allah shall judge between them on the day of resurrection in what they differ.
I cant judge who Christians and Muslims are. Thats for God to do.
Hello Murad,

Do you believe that polytheists and atheists (at the very least) are bound to eternal torment in Hell, according to the Quran and Hadith?

Why is it in your opinion that there are people who haven't "been warned"? Is it not absurd to think that there are billions of people who will never know anything of "Allah" in their entire lives?

How can it ever be perceived as fair that if you haven't "been warned", then all you need to do (presumably) is live according to certain moral principles, but if you've "been warned" and live according to these same moral principles while not believing that Allah was anything else than a product of Muhammad's imagination, you are bound to be tortured eternally?

Why would a loving or merciful or peaceful deity allow this to happen? It's clearly unjust and geographically biased.

Woland

Murad
Guru

Post #8

Post by Murad »

Woland wrote: Hello Murad,

Do you believe that polytheists and atheists (at the very least) are bound to eternal torment in Hell, according to the Quran and Hadith?
If the messege of God was not sent to them, then the Quran says they will be judged accordingly to their deeds.
But it seems those that reject that reject the messege will get punished.
Woland wrote: Why is it in your opinion that there are people who haven't "been warned"? Is it not absurd to think that there are billions of people who will never know anything of "Allah" in their entire lives?
Billions? I think thats a hyperbole. 'Allah' is just another word for God. Most of the worlds population believe in God, and im sure most athiests have heard of god before.
Woland wrote: How can it ever be perceived as fair that if you haven't "been warned", then all you need to do (presumably) is live according to certain moral principles, but if you've "been warned" and live according to these same moral principles while not believing that Allah .......you are bound to be tortured eternally?
It seems that way, in the sense that when you recieve the knowledge you also recieve the responsibility.
Woland wrote: Why would a loving or merciful or peaceful deity allow this to happen? It's clearly unjust and geographically biased.

Woland
Surah Al-Ma'idah verse 48 states:
If Allah so willed, he would have made you a single People, but his plan is to test each of you separately, in what He has given to each of you: so strive in all virtues as in you are in a race. The goal of all of you is to Allah. It is He that will show you the truth of the matters in which ye dispute. (Qur'an 5:48)
Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" without being put to the test?
We have tested those before them, for GOD must distinguish those who are truthful, and He must expose the liars.

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---

PRESBYTERIAN
Student

Post #9

Post by PRESBYTERIAN »

Murad wrote:
Woland wrote: Hello Murad,

If the messege of God was not sent to them, then the Quran says they will be judged accordingly to their deeds.
But it seems those that reject that reject the messege will get punished.
Woland wrote: Why is it in your opinion that there are people who haven't "been warned"? Is it not absurd to think that there are billions of people who will never know anything of "Allah" in their entire lives?
Billions? I think thats a hyperbole. 'Allah' is just another word for God. Most of the worlds population believe in God, and im sure most athiests have heard of god before.
Woland wrote: How can it ever be perceived as fair that if you haven't "been warned", then all you need to do (presumably) is live according to certain moral principles, but if you've "been warned" and live according to these same moral principles while not believing that Allah .......you are bound to be tortured eternally?
It seems that way, in the sense that when you recieve the knowledge you also recieve the responsibility.
Woland wrote: Why would a loving or merciful or peaceful deity allow this to happen? It's clearly unjust and geographically biased.

Woland
Surah Al-Ma'idah verse 48 states:
If Allah so willed, he would have made you a single People, but his plan is to test each of you separately, in what He has given to each of you: so strive in all virtues as in you are in a race. The goal of all of you is to Allah. It is He that will show you the truth of the matters in which ye dispute. (Qur'an 5:48)
Hello all. Allah is not another name for God it is another god. The Christian God is very clear on what will happen to those who have never heard of Jesus Christ and it is found in Romans chapter 9. God says" i will have mercy on whom i have mercy"
he will both show his love and his wrath so needs 2 types of people. However mankind will still be punished if they reject his salvation.please read the above named chapter it will answer alot of your questions about "lovable God"

Murad
Guru

Post #10

Post by Murad »

PRESBYTERIAN wrote: Hello all. Allah is not another name for God it is another god.
So the 14-million arab Christians calling their God 'Allah' are secretly muslims?
PRESBYTERIAN wrote: The Christian God is very clear on what will happen to those who have never heard of Jesus Christ
No Paul is very clear, not God, Jesus never met Paul personally; he had a supposed 'vision' after he killed numerous Christians; call me ignorant; but his 'vision' was a mental condition out of self-regret for his past actions.
PRESBYTERIAN wrote: and it is found in Romans chapter 9. God says" i will have mercy on whom i have mercy"
A very vague verse; "I have mercy on whom i have mercy"; well 'DUH'......
How on earth does that answer the OP?
PRESBYTERIAN wrote: he will both show his love and his wrath so needs 2 types of people. However mankind will still be punished if they reject his salvation.please read the above named chapter it will answer alot of your questions about "lovable God"
Why does a lovable God need human sacrifice? Is there any logical reason he couldn't forgive sins without bloodshed? Can you give me a clear cut answer?
In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.
(Hebrews 9:22)

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---