Not every bad thing that happens comes from the Bible

Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

john.livingstone@lr

Not every bad thing that happens comes from the Bible

Post #1

Post by john.livingstone@lr »

People constantly try to take events and attempt to find a connection between the event and a biblical topic. Why, because it makes the person feel more comfortable or think they are smarter than they really are. Nowhere in the Bible is 911 predicted, nowhere. I've heard this over and again from people desperate to believe anything. Now I agree that much of the Bible is not to be taken literally, however this isn't open season for people to make any ridiculous claim connecting a completely unrelated event to a biblical one. Nowhere in the Bible is a nuclear bomb mentioned. Nor the end of all things. People need to understand what the Bible is and not to use it as a crystal ball or a theatrical prop.

ChaosBorders
Site Supporter

Re: Not every bad thing that happens comes from the Bible

Post #2

Post by ChaosBorders »

john.livingstone@lr wrote:People constantly try to take events and attempt to find a connection between the event and a biblical topic. Why, because it makes the person feel more comfortable or think they are smarter than they really are. Nowhere in the Bible is 911 predicted, nowhere. I've heard this over and again from people desperate to believe anything. Now I agree that much of the Bible is not to be taken literally, however this isn't open season for people to make any ridiculous claim connecting a completely unrelated event to a biblical one. Nowhere in the Bible is a nuclear bomb mentioned. Nor the end of all things. People need to understand what the Bible is and not to use it as a crystal ball or a theatrical prop.
Is there a question for debate somewhere in there?
Unless indicated otherwise what I say is opinion. (Kudos to Zzyzx for this signature).

“Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.� -Albert Einstein

The most dangerous ideas in a society are not the ones being argued, but the ones that are assumed.
- C.S. Lewis