Depicting Muhammed

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

TheGoodSamaritan
Student

Depicting Muhammed

Post #1

Post by TheGoodSamaritan »

Can I describe a picture I am going to draw for the next Everybody Draw Muhammad day?
It's very, very offensive btw towards abrahamic religions.

What do you guys think about depictions of Muhammed?

Furrowed Brow
Site Supporter

Post #2

Post by Furrowed Brow »

Here Is an image I drew myself.

It or images very like it are a universal representation found on the doors of mensrooms. The universal meaning is that only males may enter and women are not allowed to enter the room the other side of the door.

These images are not religious and the image represents all and any male including any male that might be Christian, Jew, Hindu, Muslim, atheist etc.

I believe Mohammed was male. In order to avoid death threats I think all sign manufactures ought to be advised to qualify their mensroom signs.

But this itself causes a problem. Attention drawn to the fact that the image is not Mohammed ironcially means (by law of double negation) that what is not the image is Mohammed. Which means every image, or object, or thing is or represents Muhammed other than those that carry an explicit denial.

Hmm
:-k

Do the ayotollahs know about this?

TheGoodSamaritan
Student

Post #3

Post by TheGoodSamaritan »

haha nice

LiamOS
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by LiamOS »

I really don't understand how people can get THAT offended over something so trivial.

I mean, Muslims are welcome to draw derogatory cartoons of people I respect(Einstein, Feynman...).
As long as it's all in good fun, it's all in good fun.

Joshua Patrick
Apprentice

Post #5

Post by Joshua Patrick »

I think this letter by a Christan Saint called St. Thomas Aquanis pretty much sums up Muhammad and his pagan religion and depicting him as a fraud (No offence to the Mohammedanism religion like..)

"He (Mohammed) seduced the people by promises of carnal pleasure to which the concupiscence of the flesh urges us. His teaching also contained precepts that were in conformity with his promises, and he gave free rein to carnal pleasure. In all this, as is not unexpected; he was obeyed by carnal men. As for proofs of the truth of his doctrine, he brought forward only such as could be grasped by the natural ability of anyone with a very modest wisdom. Indeed, the truths that he taught he mingled with many fables and with doctrines of the greatest falsity.

He did not bring forth any signs produced in a supernatural way, which alone fittingly gives witness to divine inspiration; for a visible action that can be only divine reveals an invisibly inspired teacher of truth. On the Contrary, Mohammed said that he was sent in the power of his arms - which are signs not lacking even to robbers and tyrants. What is more, no wise men, men trained in things divine and human, believed in him from the beginning (1). Those who believed in him were brutal men and desert wanderers, utterly ignorant of all divine teaching, through whose numbers Mohammed forced others to become his follower's by the violence of his arms. Nor do divine pronouncements on part of preceding prophets offer him any witness. On the contrary, he perverts almost all the testimony of the Old and the New Testaments by making them into a fabrication of his own, as can be seen by anyone who examines his law. It was, therefore, a shrewd decision on his part to forbid his followers to read the Old and New Testaments, lest these books convict him of falsity. It is thus clear that those who place faith in his words believe foolishly"

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #6

Post by McCulloch »

Joshua Patrick wrote: I think this letter by a Christan Saint called St. Thomas Aquinas pretty much sums up Muhammad and his pagan religion and depicting him as a fraud (No offense to the Mohammedanism religion like..)
Now why would any follower of the Islamic faith take offense at their prophet being called a carnal seducer. Their proofs of their faith called modest wisdom, doctrines of the greatest falsity, a fabrication and a shrewd perversion. And Muslims themselves called foolish and pagan. ???

All on the say-so of a thirteenth century enemy of Islam.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

Murad
Guru

Post #7

Post by Murad »

Joshua Patrick wrote:I think this letter by a Christan Saint called St. Thomas Aquanis pretty much sums up Muhammad and his pagan religion and depicting him as a fraud (No offence to the Mohammedanism religion like..)

"He (Mohammed) seduced the people by promises of carnal pleasure to which the concupiscence of the flesh urges us. His teaching also contained precepts that were in conformity with his promises, and he gave free rein to carnal pleasure. In all this, as is not unexpected; he was obeyed by carnal men. As for proofs of the truth of his doctrine, he brought forward only such as could be grasped by the natural ability of anyone with a very modest wisdom. Indeed, the truths that he taught he mingled with many fables and with doctrines of the greatest falsity.

He did not bring forth any signs produced in a supernatural way, which alone fittingly gives witness to divine inspiration; for a visible action that can be only divine reveals an invisibly inspired teacher of truth. On the Contrary, Mohammed said that he was sent in the power of his arms - which are signs not lacking even to robbers and tyrants. What is more, no wise men, men trained in things divine and human, believed in him from the beginning (1). Those who believed in him were brutal men and desert wanderers, utterly ignorant of all divine teaching, through whose numbers Mohammed forced others to become his follower's by the violence of his arms. Nor do divine pronouncements on part of preceding prophets offer him any witness. On the contrary, he perverts almost all the testimony of the Old and the New Testaments by making them into a fabrication of his own, as can be seen by anyone who examines his law. It was, therefore, a shrewd decision on his part to forbid his followers to read the Old and New Testaments, lest these books convict him of falsity. It is thus clear that those who place faith in his words believe foolishly"

And those disgusting remarks come from a man that worships another man. (Christianity) :lol:

Thank god im muslim.

Joshua Patrick
Apprentice

Post #8

Post by Joshua Patrick »

And those disgusting remarks come from a man that worships another man. (Christianity)
Those remarks probably speak the truth of the child predator.

Pretty sure the Mohammedanism religion believe Christianity was revelation from God?

Matters not what the pagans believe...

Murad
Guru

Post #9

Post by Murad »

Joshua Patrick wrote:
And those disgusting remarks come from a man that worships another man. (Christianity)
Those remarks probably speak the truth of the child predator.

Pretty sure the Mohammedanism religion believe Christianity was revelation from God?

Matters not what the pagans believe...

Yes, the gospel of jesus "WAS" a revelation from "PROPHET JESUS" (As god is not human) before it was corrupted by man.

You call my prophet a child predator? All i got to say to you is :lol: Your priests are all gay lunatics, its on the news 24-7 on what your priests do to little children.

Very true, matters not what pagans believe in. Pagans as in greek mythology that believe in human gods? Like emmmm lets see, is jesus human TRUE is he god in christianity? TRUE. So YOUR religion is paganism NOT mine. Before you try to offend me get your facts right.

I believe in 'One God' just like Jesus did, Jesus was a Jew and Jews believe in '1' UNDIVIDED god.

Joshua Patrick
Apprentice

Post #10

Post by Joshua Patrick »

Yes, the gospel of jesus "WAS" a revelation from "PROPHET JESUS" (As god is not human) before it was corrupted by man.
God became human but he was also divine, I give you quotes from the bible, which by my knowledge muslims believe is from God?

John 1:1 - "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

John 1:14 - "And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth."

2.John 5:18 - "For this cause therefore the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because He not only was breaking the Sabbath, but also was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God.

3.John 8:24 - "I said therefore to you, that you shall die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am He, you shall die in your sins."

John 8:58 - "Jesus said to them, 'Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.'"

Exodus 3:14 - "And God said to Moses, 'I AM WHO I AM'; and He said, Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’"

John 10:30-33 - "I and the Father are one." 31 The Jews took up stones again to stone Him. 32 Jesus answered them, "I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?" 33 The Jews answered Him, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God."

John 20:28 - "Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"

Col. 2:9 - "For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form."

Phil. 2:5-8 - "Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. 9 Therefore also God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those who are in heaven, and on earth, and under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

9.Heb. 1:8 - "But of the Son He says, "Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever, and the righteous scepter is the scepter of His kingdom."
A.Quoted from Psalm 45:6, "Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever; a scepter of uprightness is the scepter of Thy kingdom."

Jesus is worshipped - Jesus said to worship God only, yet He receives worship.

1.Matt. 4:10 - "Then Jesus said to him, 'Begone, Satan! For it is written, "You shall worship the Lord your God, and serve Him only."’"

2.Matt. 2:2 - "Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we saw His star in the east, and have come to worship Him."

3.Matt. 2:11 - "And they came into the house and saw the Child with Mary His mother; and they fell down and worshiped Him; and opening their treasures they presented to Him gifts of gold and frankincense and myrrh."

4.Matt. 14:33 - "And those who were in the boat worshiped Him, saying, "You are certainly God’s Son!"

5.Matt. 28:9 - "And behold, Jesus met them and greeted them. And they came up and took hold of His feet and worshiped Him."

6.John 9:35-38 - "Jesus heard that they had put him out; and finding him, He said, "Do you believe in the Son of Man?" 36 He answered and said, "And who is He, Lord, that I may believe in Him?" 37 Jesus said to him, "You have both seen Him, and He is the one who is talking with you." 38 And he said, "Lord, I believe." And he worshiped Him."

7.Heb. 1:6 - "And when He again brings the first-born into the world, He says, 'And let all the angels of God worship Him.'"

If Scripture clearly states Jesus is God why shall we not believe it.
before it was corrupted by man
When was christian scripture corrupted?
How was it corrupted?
You cannot just claim things without supporting any evidence.

You call my prophet a child predator? All i got to say to you is Your priests are all gay lunatics, its on the news 24-7 on what your priests do to little children.
And in your faith you get suicide bombers and hate preachers. And you find it is a small percentage of priests that a "gay lunatics" and "pedophiles"
Very true, matters not what pagans believe in. Pagans as in greek mythology that believe in human gods? Like emmmm lets see, is jesus human TRUE is he god in christianity? TRUE. So YOUR religion is paganism NOT mine. Before you try to offend me get your facts right.
Since when as Christians claimed to worship a human and if you have read the bible you would understand we don't also read the above scripture quotes.
I believe in 'One God' just like Jesus did, Jesus was a Jew and Jews believe in '1' UNDIVIDED god.
Jesus was Jewish. So was his Apostle's, who then became Christians in the new convenant.