Islam and its apostates: kill all, or kill only some?

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

EduChris
Prodigy

Islam and its apostates: kill all, or kill only some?

Post #1

Post by EduChris »

Some questions for Muslims:

What does the Qur'an teach about killing those who convert from Islam to another faith?

What do the Islamic haddiths depict Mohammad as teaching about the execution of those who convert from Islam to another faith?

What does Islamic Sharia law say about killing those who convert from Islam to another faith?

How does all of this relate to the Qur'anic insistance that there should be "no compulsion" in religion?

Wood-Man
Site Supporter

Post #101

Post by Wood-Man »

Murad wrote: In Sharia Law, there is no distinction between "Midst of war" and "Heat of war"; once war is declared, then the Islamic state is officially in the state of war.
OK, but that is an issue of what is distinguished by law. I was just asking about the facts. Based on the quotes posted, it seems these were largely executions. The point of my question was to understand your earlier response to this beheading issue, where you said that yes, Muhammad "was a great warrior." That suggested that during the course of battle, he was riding about fighting and chopping heads off by the dozen. That seemed a bit far-fetched to me. I would imagine only a tiny percentage of people killed in battle die because of being beheaded. I think the subsequent quotes make it clear that it was prisoners who were executed.

Summary executions like this were probably common 1500 years ago, but today we (at least in western cultures) generally view them as unethical - even when treason is suspected. They would generally be classified today as "war crimes." The contrast between this part of Muhammad's life and prevailing ethical standards today is stark. Similarly, the contrast between his life and that of Jesus Christ is stark. Can you imagine Jesus Christ beheading people? (BTW, I am not a Christian.)

To be clear, I have no doubt the Crusaders did just as many horrific acts. It's just rather shocking and unfortunate that THE central figure in a major religion engaged in this sort of activity. We see this heritage in play today, where it energizes extremists.

Murad
Guru

Post #102

Post by Murad »

Hey Wood-Man

It wasn't me that reported you just to let you know.

I respect your perseption & i see it as an honest ideology; In Islam, with Gods covenant comes Gods comes: Laws, warfare, prophecy etc..etc.. there are alot of different aspects to Islam when examined in detail.
Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" without being put to the test?
We have tested those before them, for GOD must distinguish those who are truthful, and He must expose the liars.

(Quran 29:2-3)

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---

Wood-Man
Site Supporter

Post #103

Post by Wood-Man »

Murad wrote:Hey Wood-Man

It wasn't me that reported you just to let you know.

I respect your perseption & i see it as an honest ideology; In Islam, with Gods covenant comes Gods comes: Laws, warfare, prophecy etc..etc.. there are alot of different aspects to Islam when examined in detail.
No problem. I know it wasn't you. I hold no hard feeling against whoever it was, though. I just wish I knew whether I have correctly deduced the cause of the concern.