Moderator: Moderators

naz
Banned
Banned

Devil Music!@#$

Post #1

Post by naz »

Hey!
I have a question. Is this devil music? For some reason I like stuff like this, is that strange?

Click me! :flamed:

LiamOS
Site Supporter

Post #2

Post by LiamOS »

No offence, but they kinda suck. :P

For comparison, here is some 'Christian Metalcore'(Also sucks):
[youtube][/youtube]

I don't think anything can really be 'music of the Devil' without being specifically written for such a purpose.

naz
Banned
Banned

Post #3

Post by naz »

AkiThePirate wrote:No offence, but they kinda suck. :P

For comparison, here is some 'Christian Metalcore'(Also sucks):
[youtube][/youtube]

I don't think anything can really be 'music of the Devil' without being specifically written for such a purpose.
Ah.... okay. So this would be devil music then.

[youtube][/youtube]

And if this isn't, then I give up.

LiamOS
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by LiamOS »

Yeah, that's pretty much it.

I can think of something very slightly closer, but I might break a few rules in posting it.

cnorman18

Devil Music!@#$

Post #5

Post by cnorman18 »

Jeez.

This is why many of us old farts who lived through the Fifties - remember, my generation INVENTED rock n' roll - have turned to country or smooth jazz.

Whatever happened to Acid Rock? Grace Slick was once the hottest hottie in music. Now she's a sweet-looking, white-haired little old lady who paints. I still love her voice - ethereal steel, takes you to Heaven while it cuts like a razor blade.

Frankie Avalon is 70 today. Where's my walking stick?

LiamOS
Site Supporter

Post #6

Post by LiamOS »

My religion teacher told me that this very song was the music of the devil, once:
[youtube][/youtube]

If you're wondering, he used to be the drummer for 'Journey'. :P

alphabemo

Post #7

Post by alphabemo »

I have been a fan of heavy metal music for most of my life. I grew up listening to Kiss in the '70s; my mother was convinced they were demons from Hell. When I first heard bands like Venom and Slayer in the early '80s, I didn't think music could get any more evil than that. Today some of the newer black metal bands have gotten almost comic bookish in their attempts to out-evil one another. Here's some real "devil music" for ya....

cnorman18

Post #8

Post by cnorman18 »

alphabemo wrote:I have been a fan of heavy metal music for most of my life. I grew up listening to Kiss in the '70s; my mother was convinced they were demons from Hell. When I first heard bands like Venom and Slayer in the early '80s, I didn't think music could get any more evil than that. Today some of the newer black metal bands have gotten almost comic bookish in their attempts to out-evil one another. Here's some real "devil music" for ya....

I've always thought that if any music is actually evil, it would be the variety called "gangsta rap" that celebrates murdering cops, violence against women, and crime in general. Rap that is essentially egoistic bragging and self-aggrandizement set to a percussive beat isn't much better, but at least it's not cheering on the worst elements of society.

Oldfarmhouse
Apprentice

Post #9

Post by Oldfarmhouse »

I'm an oldster and as far as I'm concerned heavy metal has been dead and gone since some time in the 70s. the old Black sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Humble Pie, BOC, -- THAT was heavy metal.

I do not believe that there is such a thing as evil music. There is plenty of music that does not suit my personal taste -- so I don't listen to it. That seems to solve the issue for me.

David 2.0

Hi...

Post #10

Post by David 2.0 »

Music, song, and the band seems like a good way of capturing the moment.
A feeling.

A way to create without doing...

So yeah, I hope there is devil music.
Evil Music.
And perhaps even Polka?
:whistle: