question put in my mind by the movie "The 19th Wife&quo

Getting to know more about a specific belief

Moderator: Moderators

officer2002
Student

question put in my mind by the movie "The 19th Wife&quo

Post #1

Post by officer2002 »

The movie was a fictional movie but set in a realistic setting not long long time ago in a galaxy far away. Since it was set in a real place I want to know how accurate somethings which stood out in mind are. If you are a current polygamist(rural Utah or comprable beliefs, the movie was not set in polygamist Muslim town)please let me know if these things are accurate.

In the movie the prophet told a group of 18 widows that if they died single they would not get into heaven. They were widows not never been marrieds. Do you really believe that marital status at the time of death could keep a woman out of heaven, even if she was a widow?

One character's hair was cut in jail. She was extremely distraught because she believed that she would need her hair in heaven. I doubt that a real jail would cut inmate's real hair. Do you believe what that character said about her hair?

Kuan
Site Supporter

Post #2

Post by Kuan »

Id say that not being married will not keep them out of heaven, but im not a polygamist so I dont know.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
- Voltaire

Kung may ayaw, may dahilan. Kung may gusto, may paraan.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Re: question put in my mind by the movie "The 19th Wife

Post #3

Post by McCulloch »

officer2002 wrote: One character's hair was cut in jail. She was extremely distraught because she believed that she would need her hair in heaven. I doubt that a real jail would cut inmate's real hair. Do you believe what that character said about her hair?
1 Corinthians 11:5-7, 10, 13-15 wrote: But every woman who has her head uncovered while praying or prophesying disgraces her head, for she is one and the same as the woman whose head is shaved. For if a woman does not cover her head, let her also have her hair cut off; but if it is disgraceful for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, let her cover her head. For a man ought not to have his head covered, since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man.
Therefore the woman ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels.
Judge for yourselves: is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? Does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a dishonor to him, but if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her? For her hair is given to her for a covering.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

Kuan
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by Kuan »

I never really believed that scripture...seems so...weird...
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
- Voltaire

Kung may ayaw, may dahilan. Kung may gusto, may paraan.