Women In Islam

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

Joshua Patrick
Apprentice

Women In Islam

Post #1

Post by Joshua Patrick »

This thread for those who say Islam grants equal treatment for woman and that Islam is the best religion for her, here are some authentic references which shows how Islam degraded the woman to the lowest level, even the secular laws are better than that.

01) Woman can be beaten.
(Quran 4:34):
"...and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them;..."
وَاهْج�ر�وه�نَّ ��ي الْمَضَاج�ع� وَاضْر�ب�وه�نَّ

(E) (A)

02) Female inheritance is half the male and even less than that in some situations.
(Quran 4:11):
"Allah enjoins you concerning your children: The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females; then if they are more than two females, they shall have two-thirds of what the deceased has left, and if there is one, she shall have the half;..."
ي�وص�يك�م� اللَّه� ��ي أَوْلَاد�ك�مْ ل�لذَّكَر� م�ثْل� حَظّ� الْأ�نْثَيَيْن�

(E) (A)

03) Unlimited polygamy & divorce.
(Quran 4:3):
"...marry women of your choice, two, or three, or four;..."
وَإ�نْ خ��ْت�مْ أَلَّا ت�قْس�ط�وا ��ي الْيَتَامَى �َانْك�ح�وا مَا طَابَ لَك�مْ م�نَ النّ�سَاء� مَثْنَى وَث�لَاثَ وَر�بَاعَ

(E) (A)

04) Women are majority of hell.
Sahih Muslim, Book 004, Number 1982:
.......I saw Hell also. No such (abominable) sight have I ever seen as that which I saw today; and I observed that most of its inhabitants were women. They said: Messenger of Allah, on what account is it so? He said: For their ingratitude or disbelief (bi-kufraihinna). It was said: Do they disbelieve in Allah? He said: (Not for their disbelief in God) but for their ingratitude to their husbands and ingratitude to kindness. If you were to treat one of them kindly for ever, but if she later saw anything (displeasing) in you, she would say: i have never seen any good in you.
صحيح مسلم:
ورأيت النار �لم أر كاليوم منظرا قط ورأيت أكثر أهلها النساء قالوا بم يا رسول الله قال � �بك�رهن � �قيل أيك�رن بالله قال � �بك�ر � �العشير � �وبك�ر الإحسان لو أحسنت إلى إحداهن الدهر ثم رأت منك شيئا قالت ما رأيت منك خيرا قط �

(E) (A)

05) Women are the fuel of hell.
Sahih Muslim, Book 004, Number 1926:
.....He then walked on till he came to the women and preached to them and admonished them, and asked them to give alms, for most of them are the fuel for Hell.
صحيح مسلم:
ثم مضى حتى أتى النساء �وعظهن وذكرهن �قال � �تصدقن �إن أكثركن حطب جهنم

(E) (A)

06) Bad luck in the woman.
Sahih Muslim, Book 026, Number 5526:
'Umar b. Muhammad b. Zaid reported that he heard his father narrating from Ibn 'Umar that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) had said. If bad luck is a fact, then it is in the horse, the woman and the house.
صحيح مسلم:
عن النبي � �صلى الله عليه وسلم � �أنه قال � �إن يكن من الشؤم شيء حق ��ي ال�رس والمرأة والدار �
(E) (A)

07) The woman disrupt the prayer.
Sahih Muslim, Book 004, Number 1034:
Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: A woman, a donkey and a dog disrupt the prayer, but something like the back of a saddle guards against that.
صحيح مسلم:
قال رسول الله � �صلى الله عليه وسلم � �يقطع الصلاة المرأة والحمار والكلب � �ويقي ذلك مثل � �مؤخرة � �الرحل �
(E) (A)

08) Women are like dogs.
Sahih Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 9, Number 490:
The things which annul the prayers were mentioned before me. They said, "Prayer is annulled by a dog, a donkey and a woman (if they pass in front of the praying people)." I said, "You have made us (i.e. women) dogs...........
صحيح البخاري:
أنه ذكر عندها ما يقطع الصلاة �قالوا يقطعها الكلب والحمار والمرأة قالت لقد جعلتمونا كلابا
(E) (A)

09) Women are for adults suckling.
Sahih Muslim, Book 008, Number 3424:
A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported that Sahla bint Suhail came to Allah's Apostle (may peace be eupon him) and said: Messengerof Allah, I see on the face of Abu Hudhaifa (signs of disgust) on entering of Salim (who is an ally) into (our house), whereupon Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said: Suckle him. She said: How can I suckle him as he is a grown-up man? ......
صحيح مسلم:
جاءت � �سهلة بنت سهيل � �إلى النبي � �صلى الله عليه وسلم � ��قالت يا رسول الله إني أرى �ي وجه � �أبي حذي�ة � �من دخول � �سالم � �وهو حلي�ه �قال النبي � �صلى الله عليه وسلم � �أرضعيه قالت وكي� أرضعه وهو رجل كبير �تبسم رسول الله � �صلى الله عليه وسلم � �وقال قد علمت أنه رجل كبير
(E) (A)

10) Woman can have sex even during her periods (menses).
Sahih Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 6, Number 299:
Narrated 'Abdur-Rahman bin Al-Aswad:
(on the authority of his father) 'Aisha said: "Whenever Allah's Apostle wanted to fondle anyone of us during her periods (menses), he used to order her to put on an Izar and start fondling her." 'Aisha added, "None of you could control his sexual desires as the Prophet could."
صحيح البخاري:
كانت إحدانا إذا كانت حائضا �أراد رسول الله � �صلى الله عليه وسلم � �أن يباشرها � �أمرها أن تتزر �ي � ��ور � �حيضتها ثم يباشرها قالت وأيكم يملك � �إربه � �كما كان النبي � �صلى الله عليه وسلم � �يملك � �إربه �
(A) (E)

11) Woman can't travel alone.
Sahih Bukhari, Volume 3, Book 29, Number 85:
"The Prophet said, "A woman should not travel except with a Dhu-Mahram (her husband or a man with whom that woman cannot marry at all according to the Islamic Jurisprudence), and no man may visit her except in the presence of a Dhu-Mahram." A man got up and said, "O Allah's Apostle! I intend to go to such and such an army and my wife wants to perform Hajj." The Prophet said (to him), "Go along with her (to Hajj)."
صحيح البخاري:
قال النبي � �صلى الله عليه وسلم � �لا تسا�ر المرأة إلا مع ذي محرم ولا يدخل عليها رجل إلا ومعها محرم �قال رجل يا رسول الله إني أريد أن أخرج �ي جيش كذا وكذا وامرأتي تريد الحج �قال اخرج معها �
(E) (A)

12) Woman is deficient in intelligence & religion, and her witness is half the man.
Sahih Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 6, Number 301:
Once Allah's Apostle went out to the Musalla (to offer the prayer) o 'Id-al-Adha or Al-Fitr prayer. Then he passed by the women and said, "O women! Give alms, as I have seen that the majority of the dwellers of Hell-fire were you (women)." They asked, "Why is it so, O Allah's Apostle ?" He replied, "You curse frequently and are ungrateful to your husbands. I have not seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religion than you. A cautious sensible man could be led astray by some of you." The women asked, "O Allah's Apostle! What is deficient in our intelligence and religion?" He said, "Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?" They replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her intelligence. Isn't it true that a woman can neither pray nor fast during her menses?" The women replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her religion."
صحيح البخاري:
خرج رسول الله � �صلى الله عليه وسلم � ��ي أضحى أو �طر إلى المصلى �مر على النساء �قال يا معشر النساء � �تصدقن �إني � �أريتكن � �أكثر أهل النار �قلن وبم يا رسول الله قال تكثرن � �اللعن � �وتك�رن � �العشير � �ما رأيت من ناقصات عقل ودين أذهب � �للب � �الرجل الحازم من إحداكن قلن وما نقصان ديننا وعقلنا يا رسول الله قال أليس شهادة المرأة مثل نص� شهادة الرجل قلن بلى قال �ذلك من نقصان عقلها أليس إذا حاضت لم تصل ولم تصم قلن بلى قال �ذلك من نقصان دينها �
(E) (A)

http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=345566

flitzerbiest
Sage

Post #2

Post by flitzerbiest »

The Christian Bible presents a similarly misogynistic viewpoint. If there is one thing that the Abrahamic faiths can agree about, it is that women are inherently inferior.

Kuan
Site Supporter

Re: Women In Islam

Post #3

Post by Kuan »

Joshua Patrick wrote:03) Unlimited polygamy & divorce.
وَإ�نْ خ��ْت�مْ أَلَّا ت�قْس�ط�وا ��ي الْيَتَامَى �َانْك�ح�وا مَا طَابَ لَك�مْ م�نَ الن�ّسَاء� مَثْنَى وَث�لَاثَ وَر�بَاعَ
I would like to ask what is so bad about polygamy if performed correctly and among consenting adults?
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
- Voltaire

Kung may ayaw, may dahilan. Kung may gusto, may paraan.

flitzerbiest
Sage

Post #4

Post by flitzerbiest »

mormon boy51 wrote:
وَإ�نْ خ��ْت�مْ أَلَّا ت�قْس�ط�وا ��ي الْيَتَامَى �َانْك�ح�وا مَا طَابَ لَك�مْ م�نَ الن�ّسَاء� مَثْنَى وَث�لَاثَ وَر�بَاعَ
I would like to ask what is so bad about polygamy if performed correctly and among consenting adults?
"Performed correctly" might be a bit of a can of worms, as might "consenting adults". Free consent is difficulty where equal rights are absent.

The CoJCotLDS has disavowed polygamy, as has most of western society. Second thoughts? :D

Kuan
Site Supporter

Post #5

Post by Kuan »

flitzerbiest wrote:
mormon boy51 wrote:
"Performed correctly" might be a bit of a can of worms, as might "consenting adults". Free consent is difficulty where equal rights are absent.
Im sorry but im not sure what your asking?
The CoJCotLDS has disavowed polygamy, as has most of western society. Second thoughts? :D
Yes the CoJCoLDS no longer practices polygamy. They had some good reasons to practice it though when they did although that is a separate issue. I know that western society does not approve of it, but as the case is with gay marriage. I see no reason as to why 1 man and 1 woman, 1 man and 1 man (Vice Versa), or 1 man and 4 woman should not be allowed. The details such as the allocations of rights and such that comes with polygamy is a separate issue that should be addressed but separately from this. If were gonna allow gay marriage we better be willing to consider polygamy.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
- Voltaire

flitzerbiest
Sage

Post #6

Post by flitzerbiest »

mormon boy51 wrote:If were gonna allow gay marriage we better be willing to consider polygamy.
Ok, let's consider:

Polygamy has flourished in male-dominated societies where equal standing under the law (or in the eyes of the clerics) is lacking. In some societies, this has worked. In others, it has simply been yet another vehicle for the abusive treatment of women. Can you provide an example of a modern, egalitarian society (both legally and spiritually) in which polygamy is seen as desirable by both sexes? That is where the consideration should begin.

As for gay marriage, it is just a variation of the age old stable, monogamous pair bond.

Kuan
Site Supporter

Post #7

Post by Kuan »

flitzerbiest wrote:
mormon boy51 wrote:If were gonna allow gay marriage we better be willing to consider polygamy.
Ok, let's consider:

Polygamy has flourished in male-dominated societies where equal standing under the law (or in the eyes of the clerics) is lacking. In some societies, this has worked. In others, it has simply been yet another vehicle for the abusive treatment of women. Can you provide an example of a modern, egalitarian society (both legally and spiritually) in which polygamy is seen as desirable by both sexes? That is where the consideration should begin.

As for gay marriage, it is just a variation of the age old stable, monogamous pair bond.
Yes in the past polygamy has flourished in those societies. But you have pointed out that it has worked in some. Yet most of the time it has caused abuse of woman, the most modern example being the FLDS. Well the most modern society (where it was "desirable" by both sexes) I could point out would be the early CoJCoLDS. It was practiced by the early CoJCoLDS church for mostly one reason, to help support widowed women and their children. This might be a good starting point for this topic.
- Voltaire

Murad
Guru

Post #8

Post by Murad »

I dont know where to begin on how deceiving this post is; and its no surprise from you Joshua Patrick; well atleast you provided the source this time; so it might fool a few gullible christians like yourself; but im sure the more knowledgable people know your source is from a very, very biased website.

Joshua Patrick wrote: This thread for those who say Islam grants equal treatment for woman and that Islam is the best religion for her, here are some authentic references which shows how Islam degraded the woman to the lowest level
Have you ever ASKED a muslim woman on how she is treated?
Your comments are very, very offensive; not only to me; but my female relatives(mother).

1st Allegation wrote: Woman can be beaten.
READ IT IN CONTEXT:
"Men are (meant to be righteous and kind) guardians of women because God has favored some more than others and because they (i.e. men) spend out of their wealth. (In their turn) righteous women are (meant to be) devoted and to guard what God has (willed to be) guarded even though out of sight (of the husband). As for those (women) on whose part you fear ill-will and nasty conduct, admonish them (first), (next) separate them in beds (and last) beat them. But if they obey you, then seek nothing against them. Behold, God is most high and great.
(Quran 4:34)
Here is a rebuttal by Dr Ahmad Shafaat:
The verse begins with the statement that "men are qawwamun over women". The root of the key word, qawwamun (pl. of qawwam), is qama which means "to stand or to make something stand or to establish something". It is often used in the Holy Qur'an in the sense of establishing religion or prayer. A related word is qa'im which means "one who stands or makes something stand". Qawwam is an intensive form of qa'im and has a sense of continuity in the action involved. So it means one who is continuously standing over something (as, for example, a guard or caretaker) or one who is continuously making something stand, i.e. is maintaining it. In the Qur'anic usage of qawwam and related words there is almost always present an idea of propriety. For example, aqamah of salah is not only praying but also praying properly. The function of qawwam is also understood in the Qur'an to be characterized by fairness. Thus in 4:134 and 5:8, the only other passages in the Qur'an where the word is used, the believers are told:

"O you who believe! Be qawwamin with fairness..."

"O you who believe! Be qawwamin for God as witnesses to fairness..."

Thus to be a qawwam over something or someone is to guard, maintain or take care of that something or someone in a proper and fair manner. If there is any single word in English that can convey the meaning of the word as used in the present word it is probably the one used by Muhammad Pickthal, namely, guardian.
The rights of women are made very clear in the Quran & Sahih hadith:
"...Do not retain them (i.e., your wives) to harm them...(The Noble Quran, 2:231)"

"If a wife fears cruelty or desertion on her husband's part, there is no blame on them if they arrange an amicable settlement between themselves; and such settlement is best; even though men's souls are swayed by greed. But if ye do good and practise self-restraint, God is well-acquainted with all that ye do. (The Noble Quran, 4:128)"

Narrated Mu'awiyah al-Qushayri: "I went to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) and asked him: What do you say (command) about our wives? He replied: Give them food what you have for yourself, and clothe them by which you clothe yourself, and do not beat them, and do not revile them. (Sunan Abu-Dawud, Book 11, Marriage (Kitab Al-Nikah), Number 2139)"

Narrated Mu'awiyah ibn Haydah: "I said: Apostle of Allah, how should we approach our wives and how should we leave them? He replied: Approach your tilth when or how you will, give her (your wife) food when you take food, clothe when you clothe yourself, do not revile her face, and do not beat her. (Sunan Abu-Dawud, Book 11, Marriage (Kitab Al-Nikah), Number 2138)"

Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying: "He who believes in Allah and the Hereafter, if he witnesses any matter he should talk in good terms about it or keep quiet. Act kindly towards woman, for woman is created from a rib, and the most crooked part of the rib is its top. If you attempt to straighten it, you will break it, and if you leave it, its crookedness will remain there. So act kindly towards women. (Translation of Sahih Muslim, The Book of Marriage (Kitab Al-Nikah), Book 008, Number 3468)"

"O ye who believe! Ye are forbidden to inherit women against their will. Nor should ye treat them with harshness, that ye may take away part of the dower [money given by the husband to the wife for the marriage contract] ye have given them, except where they have been guilty of open lewdness; on the contrary live with them on a footing of kindness and equity. If ye take a dislike to them it may be that ye dislike a thing, and God brings about through it a great deal of good. (The Noble Quran, 4:19)"

"And among God's signs is this: He created for you mates from amongst yourselves (males as mates for females and vice versa) that you might find tranquillity and peace in them. And he has put love and kindness among you. Herein surely are signs for those who reflect. (The Noble Quran 30:21)"

"Women impure for men impure. And women of purity for men of purity. These are not affected by what people say. For them is forgiveness and an honorable provision. (The Noble Quran 24:26)"

Narrated Abu Huraira: "Allah's Apostle said, 'The strong is not the one who overcomes the people by his strength, but the strong is the one who controls himself while in anger. (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Good Manners and Form (Al-Adab), Volume 8, Book 73, Number 135)"

Narrated Abu Huraira: "A man said to the Prophet , 'Advise me! 'The Prophet said, 'Do not become angry and furious.' The man asked (the same) again and again, and the Prophet said in each case, 'Do not become angry and furious.' (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Good Manners and Form (Al-Adab), Volume 8, Book 73, Number 137)"

Abu Huraira reported: "I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: One is not strong because of one's wrestling skillfully. They said: Allah's Messenger, then who is strong? He said: He who controls his anger when he is in a fit of rage. (Translation of Sahih Muslim, The Book of Virtue, Good Manners and Joining of the Ties of Relationship (Kitab Al-Birr was-Salat-I-wa'l-Adab), Book 032, Number 6314)"

Allah Almighty loves those who restrain anger: "Those who spend (freely), whether in prosperity, or in adversity; who restrain anger, and pardon (all) men; for Allah loves those who do good. (The Noble Quran, 3:134)"
Women are not treated badly 'In Islam'.
They are treated with very high regards; infact the Prophet considered a mother three times greater than the father.
It is tribal tradition that is common in afghanistan that gives this pseudo stereotyping.
2nd Allegation wrote: 02) Female inheritance is half the male and even less than that in some situations.
In Islam, the male inherits double the female, because the man is legally responsible for his parents, wife, children, divorcee (for a period of time), sisters (single or widowed), and his aunts. He can be sued in court by any of these people if he neglects them, and the court would enforce payments upon him to them. The following Noble Verses provide the evidence for this:
Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because God has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what God would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For God is Most High, great (above you all).
[Quran 4:34]
Now lets turn the tables shall we?
Numbers 27
8 "Say to the Israelites, 'If a man dies and leaves no son, turn his inheritance over to his daughter.
9 If he has no daughter, give his inheritance to his brothers.
10 If he has no brothers, give his inheritance to his father's brothers.
11 If his father had no brothers, give his inheritance to the nearest relative in his clan, that he may possess it. This is to be a legal requirement for the Israelites, as the LORD commanded Moses.' "

Notice how the wife (widow) inherits nothing. And notice how the daughter only inherits when no sons exist. Also, the oldest son inherits double the younger son:

Deuteronomy 21
15 If a man has two wives, and he loves one but not the other, and both bear him sons but the firstborn is the son of the wife he does not love,
16 when he wills his property to his sons, he must not give the rights of the firstborn to the son of the wife he loves in preference to his actual firstborn, the son of the wife he does not love.
17 He must acknowledge the son of his unloved wife as the firstborn by giving him a double share of all he has. That son is the first sign of his father's strength. The right of the firstborn belongs to him.
3rd Allegation wrote: 03) Unlimited polygamy & divorce.
This honestly made me laugh; i find it amazing how one can quote something out of context.
First lets get something clear; polygamy is COMPLETELY LEGAL in Biblical texts; it was the Church that decided polygamy should be banned.

Furthermore; here is the context of the verse:
"And if you fear that you cannot act equitably towards orphans, then marry such women as seem good to you, two and three and four; but if you fear that you will not do justice (between them), then (marry) only one or what your right hands possess; this is more proper, that you may not deviate from the right course. "
(Qur'an 4:3)
The Quran is the only Holy Abrahamic Book that contains the phrase "...marry only one."

4th Allegation wrote: 04) Women are majority of hell.
Naturally; the numbers of women are more than men.
Also; i fail to see how this degrades women as you say?
5th Allegation wrote: 05) Women are the fuel of hell.
So are men; read the Quran:
But if ye cannot- and of a surety ye cannot- then fear the Fire whose fuel is men and stones,- which is prepared for those who reject Faith.
(2:24)
6th Allegation wrote: 06) Bad luck in the woman.
This is the most desperate allegation i have ever seen. Just WOW. I didnt know one would go this far to prove a lie.
If you had any basic knowledge of Islam (pre-school knowledge); you would know superstition is strictly forbidden; thus the Prophet Muhammad is Joking. Re-read the hadith:
Sahih Muslim, Book 026, Number 5526:
'Umar b. Muhammad b. Zaid reported that he heard his father narrating from Ibn 'Umar that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) had said. If bad luck is a fact, then it is in the horse, the woman and the house.
7th Allegation wrote: 07) The woman disrupt the prayer.
Here is the correct translation of Sahih Muslim, Book 004, Number 1032
"When one of you stands in prayer, what definitely constitutes a barrier for him is an object placed in front of him of the same height as the back of a camel-saddle. If it is not in front of him and of the same height as the back of a camel-saddle, then some [stray] donkey, or some woman passing, or some black dog will cut off his prayer." I said: "O Abu Dharr! What is it that makes a black dog different from a red or yellow dog?" He replied: "O dear cousin! I asked Allah's Messenger -- Allah bless and salute him! -- the exact same question. He said that the black dog is a devil."
According to the majority of the 'Islamic Schools of Thought'; concur that the meaning of "will cut off his prayer" is not literal but means: "will make his prayer imperfect" due to the distraction they will cause in people's hearts, while Imam Ahmad considered that only the passing of a black dog actually invalidates it. This was mentioned by Imam al-Nawawi in Sharh Sahih Muslim and al-Mubarakfuri in Tuhfa al-Ahwadhi.
8th Allegation wrote: 08) Women are like dogs.
A completely false and offensive assumption; read the response above.

9th Allegation wrote: 09) Women are for adults suckling.
Another BLATENT LIE.
I already gave you a full rebuttal which you never responded to:
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... hp?t=15162
10th Allegation wrote: 10) Woman can have sex even during her periods (menses)
Another lie.
It is completely forbidden to have 'DIRECT' intercourse during a womans periods.
"....So keep away from women in their courses, and do not approach them until they are clean. But when they have purified themselves, ye may approach them in any manner, time, or place ordained for you by God. For God loves those who turn to Him constantly and He loves those who keep themselves pure and clean. (The Noble Quran, 2:222)"
Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" without being put to the test?
We have tested those before them, for GOD must distinguish those who are truthful, and He must expose the liars.

(Quran 29:2-3)

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---

Murad
Guru

Post #9

Post by Murad »

I missed 11 & 12
11th Allegation wrote: 11) Woman can't travel alone.
We all know thats not true; all the Prophet is doing is giving guidance. Unlike those days; now we have security cameras; sophisticated technology etc..; that makes it harder for rapers/women abusers to walk around freely.
Just imagine how easy it would be to get away with rape & murder 1400 years ago compared to now.

This sort of Sharia did not apply in the later stages of the Khilafah; women were able to travel to the markets; & the houses of their friends without a male family member.

12th Allegation wrote: 12) Woman is deficient in intelligence & religion, and her witness is half the man.
I wonder if you see the hypocrisy in this one; Eve in the Bible is shown as a woman that is deficient in her religion; and it was her fault that Adam ate the forbidden fruit.

The Quranic verse that the hadith is referring to is Chapter 2 Verse 282 which says:
"Oh! ye who believe!
When ye deal with each other,
in transactions involving future obligation
in a fixed period of time
reduce them to writing and get two witnesses
out of your own men and if there are not two men,
then a man and two women, such as ye choose,
for witnesses so that if one of them errs
the other can remind her."
This verse of the Qur’an deals only with financial transactions. In such cases, it is advised to make an agreement in writing between the parties and take two witnesses, preferably both of which should be men only. In case you cannot find two men, then one man and two women would suffice. Islam expects men to be the breadwinners of their families. Since financial responsibility is shouldered by men, they are expected to be well versed in financial transactions as compared to women.
Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" without being put to the test?
We have tested those before them, for GOD must distinguish those who are truthful, and He must expose the liars.

(Quran 29:2-3)

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #10

Post by Goat »

Murad wrote: Have you ever ASKED a muslim woman on how she is treated?
Your comments are very, very offensive; not only to me; but my female relatives(mother).
Don't you think that depends on the country to a big extent? How a woman is treated in Afganistian is much different than in Egypt... and how a woman is treated in Turkey is much different than in Saudi Arabia. In Jordan, there are still many honor killings of young women, and in the Gaza strip, recently, they took away a woman's right to ride a scooter , or go into hookah bars.
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella