Women In Islam

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

Joshua Patrick
Apprentice

Women In Islam

Post #1

Post by Joshua Patrick »

This thread for those who say Islam grants equal treatment for woman and that Islam is the best religion for her, here are some authentic references which shows how Islam degraded the woman to the lowest level, even the secular laws are better than that.

01) Woman can be beaten.
(Quran 4:34):
"...and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them;..."
وَاهْج�ر�وه�نَّ ��ي الْمَضَاج�ع� وَاضْر�ب�وه�نَّ

(E) (A)

02) Female inheritance is half the male and even less than that in some situations.
(Quran 4:11):
"Allah enjoins you concerning your children: The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females; then if they are more than two females, they shall have two-thirds of what the deceased has left, and if there is one, she shall have the half;..."
ي�وص�يك�م� اللَّه� ��ي أَوْلَاد�ك�مْ ل�لذَّكَر� م�ثْل� حَظّ� الْأ�نْثَيَيْن�

(E) (A)

03) Unlimited polygamy & divorce.
(Quran 4:3):
"...marry women of your choice, two, or three, or four;..."
وَإ�نْ خ��ْت�مْ أَلَّا ت�قْس�ط�وا ��ي الْيَتَامَى �َانْك�ح�وا مَا طَابَ لَك�مْ م�نَ النّ�سَاء� مَثْنَى وَث�لَاثَ وَر�بَاعَ

(E) (A)

04) Women are majority of hell.
Sahih Muslim, Book 004, Number 1982:
.......I saw Hell also. No such (abominable) sight have I ever seen as that which I saw today; and I observed that most of its inhabitants were women. They said: Messenger of Allah, on what account is it so? He said: For their ingratitude or disbelief (bi-kufraihinna). It was said: Do they disbelieve in Allah? He said: (Not for their disbelief in God) but for their ingratitude to their husbands and ingratitude to kindness. If you were to treat one of them kindly for ever, but if she later saw anything (displeasing) in you, she would say: i have never seen any good in you.
صحيح مسلم:
ورأيت النار �لم أر كاليوم منظرا قط ورأيت أكثر أهلها النساء قالوا بم يا رسول الله قال � �بك�رهن � �قيل أيك�رن بالله قال � �بك�ر � �العشير � �وبك�ر الإحسان لو أحسنت إلى إحداهن الدهر ثم رأت منك شيئا قالت ما رأيت منك خيرا قط �

(E) (A)

05) Women are the fuel of hell.
Sahih Muslim, Book 004, Number 1926:
.....He then walked on till he came to the women and preached to them and admonished them, and asked them to give alms, for most of them are the fuel for Hell.
صحيح مسلم:
ثم مضى حتى أتى النساء �وعظهن وذكرهن �قال � �تصدقن �إن أكثركن حطب جهنم

(E) (A)

06) Bad luck in the woman.
Sahih Muslim, Book 026, Number 5526:
'Umar b. Muhammad b. Zaid reported that he heard his father narrating from Ibn 'Umar that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) had said. If bad luck is a fact, then it is in the horse, the woman and the house.
صحيح مسلم:
عن النبي � �صلى الله عليه وسلم � �أنه قال � �إن يكن من الشؤم شيء حق ��ي ال�رس والمرأة والدار �
(E) (A)

07) The woman disrupt the prayer.
Sahih Muslim, Book 004, Number 1034:
Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: A woman, a donkey and a dog disrupt the prayer, but something like the back of a saddle guards against that.
صحيح مسلم:
قال رسول الله � �صلى الله عليه وسلم � �يقطع الصلاة المرأة والحمار والكلب � �ويقي ذلك مثل � �مؤخرة � �الرحل �
(E) (A)

08) Women are like dogs.
Sahih Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 9, Number 490:
The things which annul the prayers were mentioned before me. They said, "Prayer is annulled by a dog, a donkey and a woman (if they pass in front of the praying people)." I said, "You have made us (i.e. women) dogs...........
صحيح البخاري:
أنه ذكر عندها ما يقطع الصلاة �قالوا يقطعها الكلب والحمار والمرأة قالت لقد جعلتمونا كلابا
(E) (A)

09) Women are for adults suckling.
Sahih Muslim, Book 008, Number 3424:
A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported that Sahla bint Suhail came to Allah's Apostle (may peace be eupon him) and said: Messengerof Allah, I see on the face of Abu Hudhaifa (signs of disgust) on entering of Salim (who is an ally) into (our house), whereupon Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said: Suckle him. She said: How can I suckle him as he is a grown-up man? ......
صحيح مسلم:
جاءت � �سهلة بنت سهيل � �إلى النبي � �صلى الله عليه وسلم � ��قالت يا رسول الله إني أرى �ي وجه � �أبي حذي�ة � �من دخول � �سالم � �وهو حلي�ه �قال النبي � �صلى الله عليه وسلم � �أرضعيه قالت وكي� أرضعه وهو رجل كبير �تبسم رسول الله � �صلى الله عليه وسلم � �وقال قد علمت أنه رجل كبير
(E) (A)

10) Woman can have sex even during her periods (menses).
Sahih Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 6, Number 299:
Narrated 'Abdur-Rahman bin Al-Aswad:
(on the authority of his father) 'Aisha said: "Whenever Allah's Apostle wanted to fondle anyone of us during her periods (menses), he used to order her to put on an Izar and start fondling her." 'Aisha added, "None of you could control his sexual desires as the Prophet could."
صحيح البخاري:
كانت إحدانا إذا كانت حائضا �أراد رسول الله � �صلى الله عليه وسلم � �أن يباشرها � �أمرها أن تتزر �ي � ��ور � �حيضتها ثم يباشرها قالت وأيكم يملك � �إربه � �كما كان النبي � �صلى الله عليه وسلم � �يملك � �إربه �
(A) (E)

11) Woman can't travel alone.
Sahih Bukhari, Volume 3, Book 29, Number 85:
"The Prophet said, "A woman should not travel except with a Dhu-Mahram (her husband or a man with whom that woman cannot marry at all according to the Islamic Jurisprudence), and no man may visit her except in the presence of a Dhu-Mahram." A man got up and said, "O Allah's Apostle! I intend to go to such and such an army and my wife wants to perform Hajj." The Prophet said (to him), "Go along with her (to Hajj)."
صحيح البخاري:
قال النبي � �صلى الله عليه وسلم � �لا تسا�ر المرأة إلا مع ذي محرم ولا يدخل عليها رجل إلا ومعها محرم �قال رجل يا رسول الله إني أريد أن أخرج �ي جيش كذا وكذا وامرأتي تريد الحج �قال اخرج معها �
(E) (A)

12) Woman is deficient in intelligence & religion, and her witness is half the man.
Sahih Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 6, Number 301:
Once Allah's Apostle went out to the Musalla (to offer the prayer) o 'Id-al-Adha or Al-Fitr prayer. Then he passed by the women and said, "O women! Give alms, as I have seen that the majority of the dwellers of Hell-fire were you (women)." They asked, "Why is it so, O Allah's Apostle ?" He replied, "You curse frequently and are ungrateful to your husbands. I have not seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religion than you. A cautious sensible man could be led astray by some of you." The women asked, "O Allah's Apostle! What is deficient in our intelligence and religion?" He said, "Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?" They replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her intelligence. Isn't it true that a woman can neither pray nor fast during her menses?" The women replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her religion."
صحيح البخاري:
خرج رسول الله � �صلى الله عليه وسلم � ��ي أضحى أو �طر إلى المصلى �مر على النساء �قال يا معشر النساء � �تصدقن �إني � �أريتكن � �أكثر أهل النار �قلن وبم يا رسول الله قال تكثرن � �اللعن � �وتك�رن � �العشير � �ما رأيت من ناقصات عقل ودين أذهب � �للب � �الرجل الحازم من إحداكن قلن وما نقصان ديننا وعقلنا يا رسول الله قال أليس شهادة المرأة مثل نص� شهادة الرجل قلن بلى قال �ذلك من نقصان عقلها أليس إذا حاضت لم تصل ولم تصم قلن بلى قال �ذلك من نقصان دينها �
(E) (A)

http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=345566

flitzerbiest
Sage

Post #11

Post by flitzerbiest »

Goat wrote:
Murad wrote: Have you ever ASKED a muslim woman on how she is treated?
Your comments are very, very offensive; not only to me; but my female relatives(mother).
Don't you think that depends on the country to a big extent? How a woman is treated in Afganistian is much different than in Egypt... and how a woman is treated in Turkey is much different than in Saudi Arabia. In Jordan, there are still many honor killings of young women, and in the Gaza strip, recently, they took away a woman's right to ride a scooter , or go into hookah bars.
I would add that much also depends on the socialization of the woman. I don't have enough contacts within the Muslim community to make any sort of a comment on their experience, but I have met thousands of women from conservative Protestant traditions who assert that they are treated exceptionally well. Not surprisingly, when they ultimately divorce or leave the faith, they seem to realize that they were raised to have certain expectations about their lot in life, and that they no longer accept them.

Murad
Guru

Post #12

Post by Murad »

Goat wrote:
Your comments are very, very offensive; not only to me; but my female relatives(mother).
Don't you think that depends on the country to a big extent? How a woman is treated in Afganistian is much different than in Egypt... and how a woman is treated in Turkey is much different than in Saudi Arabia. In Jordan, there are still many honor killings of young women, and in the Gaza strip, recently, they took away a woman's right to ride a scooter , or go into hookah bars.
It depends on the Sharia of the country; also tribal leadership has a huge role to play in this; i think the muslim community is slowly loosing the old habits that women being mothers should be restricted to a specific location(i.e. house) & girls are now encouraged to get educated. There are also numerous female politicians in Islamic countries.

Also; if you think Saudi Arabia follows the Sharia that the Khilfah followed; that is not true. Wahhabism is a new ideology that didn't exist previously; and its a style of governance that the Saudi Arabian people voted to adopt.
Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" without being put to the test?
We have tested those before them, for GOD must distinguish those who are truthful, and He must expose the liars.

(Quran 29:2-3)

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #13

Post by Goat »

Murad wrote:
Goat wrote:
It depends on the Sharia of the country; also tribal leadership has a huge role to play in this; i think the muslim community is slowly loosing the old habits that women being mothers should be restricted to a specific location(i.e. house) & girls are now encouraged to get educated. There are also numerous female politicians in Islamic countries.

Also; if you think Saudi Arabia follows the Sharia that the Khilfah followed; that is not true. Wahhabism is a new ideology that didn't exist previously; and its a style of governance that the Saudi Arabian people voted to adopt.
It doesn't matter to me if it is the original governing system or not. It is what is being followed by a large group today. The past is the past, and we have to deal with what actually exists today.

To me, the question is not what the history was.. but rather 'what is the situation now' and 'how can the inequalities and the waste of half the people's potential changed'.
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

Murad
Guru

Post #14

Post by Murad »

Goat wrote:
Murad wrote:
Goat wrote:

It doesn't matter to me if it is the original governing system or not. It is what is being followed by a large group today. The past is the past, and we have to deal with what actually exists today.

To me, the question is not what the history was.. but rather 'what is the situation now' and 'how can the inequalities and the waste of half the people's potential changed'.
Agreed 100%. I dont know a single muslim scholar that believes there is a single country in the world that follows real Sharia.
Those that claim to do; differ vastly; e.g. Indonesia has the worlds largest muslim populus; and its Sharia is differs greatly when compared to Iran & Saudi Arabia
Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" without being put to the test?
We have tested those before them, for GOD must distinguish those who are truthful, and He must expose the liars.

(Quran 29:2-3)

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---

Burninglight
Guru

Post #15

Post by Burninglight »

Goat wrote:
You are right it depends on the country. But discrimination toward women for the most part is built into Islamic practice; for instance, Muslim men believe the witness of a woman is half that of a man. Let one of these women Murad said to ask how she is treated go to the middle east and accidentally have her Hijab fall off in front of very religious Muslim men; and then, let her tell me how she feels.

The Quran says the is no compulsion in religion. This is true when Muslims don't have the upper hand, but when sharia is established, that is a horse of a different color. Let's call a spade a spade! The Quran teaches Muslims men how to beat their women (wives) to avoid abuse. That is ridiculous. Why doesn't the Quran say don't beat your wife and love her. Wouldn't that be more effective to stop abuse?

One time I asked why women wear the burka because it cuts off sun light that gives them neccesary vitamins and many of them get rickets. I was told by a Muslim man that if someone had two pieces of candy one wrapped the other not and threw them on the floor, which one would I take to eat. I said, "the wrapped one." He said, "That is how we treat our woman" I asked, "Women are you getting this? You are treated like a piece of candy like your husband's property."

LaaIlahaIllAllah
Student

Post #16

Post by LaaIlahaIllAllah »

Burninglight wrote: You are right it depends on the country. But discrimination toward women for the most part is built into Islamic practice; for instance, Muslim men believe the witness of a woman is half that of a man.
No, this is false.

See, you have done the same thing that the person who started this thread did. You take away the context of the verses and the reasons behind it and then you pluck out a couple words to try and prove something that's not there. Unfortunately, many ignorant Christians fall into this and eat it up very quickly without digging deeper into the issue and looking at both sides of the story. My guess is that you are one of those people. If you even just read the verse, you would get an idea what is the real deal.

Lemme school you again real quick:

{O you who believe! When you contract a debt for a fixed period, write it down. Let a scribe write it down in justice between you. Let not the scribe refuse to write as Allah has taught him, so let him write. Let him (the debtor) who incurs the liability dictate, and he must fear Allah, his Lord, and diminish not anything of what he owes. But if the debtor is of poor understanding, or weak, or is unable himself to dictate, then let his guardian dictate in justice. And get two witnesses out of your own men. And if there are not two men (available), then a man and two women, such as you agree for witnesses, so that if one of them (two women) errs, the other can remind her. And the witnesses should not refuse when they are called on (for evidence). You should not become weary to write it (your contract), whether it be small or big, for its fixed term, that is more just with Allah; more solid as evidence, and more convenient to prevent doubts among yourselves, save when it is a present trade which you carry out on the spot among yourselves, then there is no sin on you if you do not write it down. But take witnesses whenever you make a commercial contract. Let neither scribe nor witness suffer any harm, but if you do (such harm), it would be wickedness in you. So be afraid of Allah; and Allah teaches you. And Allah is the All-Knower of each and everything.}
[ Surat Al-Baqarah/2, v. 282 ]

Point #1 - This is for being a witness to a contract for a debt or other financial issues.

This directly relates to the next point.

Point #2 - As brother Murad explained and refuted of one of the guy's comments, the males in an Islamic society are the ones who take care of the financial issues. They provide food, shelter, clothes, etc. for the family. It is obligatory upon them to work so that they can accomplish these things and they have to use the money they earn, not the money of their wife/wives. The females are free from such issues and obligations. Their whole life they are supported, either by father and/or brother and when they get married by husband and/or son. They do not need to spend their money for the things mentioned above, that is the male's duty. That is why, as brother Murad pointed out, the male gets more in inheritance b/c he is actually obligated to spend it.

Back to the witness issue - Because the females are not participating in these financial issues, naturally, they do not know how some of these things might work. That is why if you cannot find 2 males, get 1 male and 2 females "so that if one of them (two women) errs, the other can remind her" as the verse itself explains. This is very wise, indeed. Since they don't know how things work, it is only necessary and smart to get two women in case one of them forgets or errs on what she witnessed so other can correct her.

If only you had used your head, young grasshoppa...

The Quran says the is no compulsion in religion. This is true when Muslims don't have the upper hand, but when sharia is established, that is a horse of a different color.
Actually, they are free to stay in their religions but if they are ruled over by an Islamic State, then they have to pay a tax.
The Quran teaches Muslims men how to beat their women (wives) to avoid abuse.
Actually, the Quran teaches when not how. The hadiths are the ones that elaborate how. There are many conditions, not in face, not so hard as to cause a bruise. etc. Most people think it is a hospitalized 'beating' but its not. I dunno if it can even be called a beating and it is more of a symbolic and 'emotional' thing than the physical act itself.
Why doesn't the Quran say don't beat your wife and love her. Wouldn't that be more effective to stop abuse?
If you read the verse you will see that the light hit is only after all the conditions have passed and the trouble still pursues. For other situations, the Quran and hadiths both tell us not to beat our wives and love them.

But sometimes just 'love' doesn't solve problems, my son.

And about the hijab thing - When nuns and/or Christian women (like back in the day) are covered up, you call it modesty and piousness, but when Muslim women are covered up, you call it oppression!

--------------------------------------
Murad wrote: I dont know where to begin on how deceiving this post is; and its no surprise from you Joshua Patrick; well atleast you provided the source this time; so it might fool a few gullible christians like yourself; but im sure the more knowledgable people know your source is from a very, very biased website.
Assalaamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakaatu,

BarakAllahu feek bro, thanks for refuting these claims.

Also I just wanted to add some things to your list from the Bible:
Numbers 27
8 "Say to the Israelites, 'If a man dies and leaves no son, turn his inheritance over to his daughter.
9 If he has no daughter, give his inheritance to his brothers.
10 If he has no brothers, give his inheritance to his father's brothers.
11 If his father had no brothers, give his inheritance to the nearest relative in his clan, that he may possess it. This is to be a legal requirement for the Israelites, as the LORD commanded Moses.' "

Notice how the wife (widow) inherits nothing. And notice how the daughter only inherits when no sons exist. Also, the oldest son inherits double the younger son:

Deuteronomy 21
15 If a man has two wives, and he loves one but not the other, and both bear him sons but the firstborn is the son of the wife he does not love,
16 when he wills his property to his sons, he must not give the rights of the firstborn to the son of the wife he loves in preference to his actual firstborn, the son of the wife he does not love.
17 He must acknowledge the son of his unloved wife as the firstborn by giving him a double share of all he has. That son is the first sign of his father's strength. The right of the firstborn belongs to him.
--Forbidden to open their mouths in the Church

- for it is a SHAME for women to speak in the Church� 1 Corinthians 14:34-35

- To chop off her hands for saving her husband’s life. Deuteronomy 25: 11-12.

--Birth of females makes the mother twice as polluted as does a birth of males Leviticus 12:1-5

- Male child = Mother polluted for 7 days and then must wait 33 days to be purified

- Female child = Mother polluted for 2 weeks, then must wait 66 days to be purified

Wassalaam.
---------------
Joshua Patrick wrote: This thread for those who...
Check the above Bible references, my son. (and no, I don't mean begotten, relax)

Burninglight
Guru

The witness of a woman

Post #17

Post by Burninglight »

First of all, I am not Catholic, but I was born and raised that way. I am a product of my past, but I am not its prisoner. Nuns cover there head not because they are compelled to do so due to Christianity. It is by choice that they show they are married to God and remain celibate.

Muslims are compelled to do so along with peer pressure in the Muslim community; some women are brutality treated if they do not comply with the wearing the hijab and burka. They have had acid put on their face, been raped & beaten with bats. I have heard of many such testimonies. Of course that doesn't happen among modern Muslims especially in free countries like America. Have you heard the recent news of a young girl in a little town in Turkey who just looked at a boy, and she was punished by being buried alive by her Muslim father and grandfather to teach her a lesson that ended up as an honor killing.

The Bible states that men are to love their wives like Christ loved the church and to lay down their lives for their wives. Paul says woman should remain silent in church, that means she shouldn't teach men or usurp authority over them, but the Quran you say tells not how but when to beat their wives? That is a joke. It tells when and how to beat them. When and how to Muslim men is very subjective; therefore, many Muslims women are severally abused. You didn't answer my question. Wouldn't it be better to have told men not to beat their wives period? Just the fact that men are allowed to beat their woman shows they are oppressed by the religion of Islam.

Now, you brought up some of the first five books of the the Bible. To show abuse toward woman. I don't understand a lot about the OT, but I know enough to tell you that if you spoke that way in front of Muhammad, it may have cost you your life. The first five books of the Bible is the Torah and Muhammad followed the torah. Muhammad never said it was corrupted nor did Allah. It was intact during Muhammad's time, and it is the same today. There are several verses in the Quran that speak of the torah and gospels as Allah's word and that it should be followed. Look at Quran 3:3 for example.

If there are any corruptions, I suspect the Quran, because it was supposed to confirm the torah and the gospels not usurp them. Moreover, there is no divine mandate that the Quran should have been written. It means recitation; so how does one get get write our of say beats me? Finally, Uthman burned the original Qurans, because they had differences that divided the Muslims. He used Hafsa's copy to recompile it, but after her death her copy was destroyed and those that memorized the Quran were killed.

So, Uthman who was no prophet was Allah's editor. It begs the question what was abrogated. Scholars say that Muhammad gave a prophecy of Allah's three daughters "Flying cranes whose intercession is hoped for" Muhammad recanted and that was known as the Satanic verse. The Quran also shows and still shows that Allah said that Muhammad was astray and Allah put him on the right path, pfft. I believe Muhammad was part of pre Islamic paganism before claiming Allah as the one god, but who was Allah but one of 360 pagan deities that he singled out as the one and only.

Muslim are actually guilty of what they accuse Christians of. Namely, association and it is build into their Shahadah!

maess

Post #18

Post by maess »

Goat wrote:
In Jordan, there are still many honor killings of young women,

I'm surprised giving your self the right to talk about muslim women, I'm Muslim and Jordanian, "there are not MANY honor killing of young women" plus this is a huge issue to be addressed in one small hasty generalized statement. it happens in very rare cases and this is NOT ISLAM! it is rules that were put by people.

I'm am a Muslimah, and proud to be educated, intellectual, athletic and outgoing, yet still covered, obedient to Allah, not once in my life as a big girl was beaten from my parents let alone husband or any other male in my life. it is even a custom known even in Jordanian villages that its a shame for men to show their manly-hood over women.

its commendable for every man to follow al sunnah (what Muhmmad peace be upon him did in his life) as in al Hadith
'Aisha herself states:
The Messenger of Allah (saws) never beat a thing with his hand except the time when he made Jihad. He (saws) never beat a servant or a woman.
[Muslim (4/79/1814), Ibn Majah (1/1984), Ahmad (6/32/229,232), al-Darimi (2/2218)]

maess

Re: The witness of a woman

Post #19

Post by maess »

Burninglight wrote: Muslims are compelled to do so along with peer pressure in the Muslim community; some women are brutality treated if they do not comply with the wearing the hijab and burka. They have had acid put on their face, been raped & beaten with bats. I have heard of many such testimonies. Of course that doesn't happen among modern Muslims especially in free countries like America. Have you heard the recent news of a young girl in a little town in Turkey who just looked at a boy, and she was punished by being buried alive by her Muslim father and grandfather to teach her a lesson that ended up as an honor killing.
Al Salamu Alaikom All, I'm a Muslim Woman, just for the record.
Ok so here is the thing, In the bible it says:
1 Corinthians 11:6 KJV: For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.

and you would say this is the old testament, and so i say: in the Bible it says:
Matthew 5:17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them." English standard version.

and whether you were a prisoner of your religion or not, Christianity asks women to "cover" themselves, or suppresses them like a lot on non-muslims think.

In our case, Obedient muslims do believe women are obligated to wear al hijab, and have found happiness in obeying Allah. and never have i as a covered muslimah, who am not forced by my muslim guarder(father) to wear it, but my faith in what i believe in that is the truth! never have i felt that it was in the way of my success as a student or as a working woman, or in any feminine thing that women do in their daily lives.

Here's a question for you, why do people in general wear anything? Everbody was born naked... but people wear clothes for modesty, and we Muslim women are being a little bit more modest, why does it bother you so much?

Please stop bringing up false practices and blame Islam for it, those who have put acid on girls faces, raped & beat up girls with bats. are not examples of true Muslims and we condemn them even before you do.

The Bible states that men are to love their wives like Christ loved the church and to lay down their lives for their wives. Paul says woman should remain silent in church, that means she shouldn't teach men or usurp authority over them, but the Quran you say tells not how but when to beat their wives? That is a joke. It tells when and how to beat them. When and how to Muslim men is very subjective; therefore, many Muslims women are severally abused. You didn't answer my question. Wouldn't it be better to have told men not to beat their wives period? Just the fact that men are allowed to beat their woman shows they are oppressed by the religion of Islam.

Islam does ask men to love their wives:
Rasool sall Allaahu ‘alaihi wasallam said:
Fear Allaah in regard to women.

I'll answer your question by this:
http://www.quran434.com/wife-beating-islam.html#part4

go and read it all then if you still don't feel satisfied, then i think you might be idealistic and romantic in your way of thinking, because in my very humble opinion, i think that Islam solved humanity problems in a very logical way, because god is aware of our potential movements. he knew that problems will happen between married people and that men will run out of ways of communication.

Yes the Quran describes for men how and when to slightly beat their wifes, and its not a joke! This is the best proof for you to know that Qura'an went into our lives to that detail! better than not mentioning anything and leave it for human to sink in their own rules and so have other HUGE social problems happen in society that we don't know how to solve, and everyone will have a say,,,

Burninglight
Guru

Re: The witness of a woman

Post #20

Post by Burninglight »

maess wrote:
Burninglight wrote: Muslims are compelled to do so along with peer pressure in the Muslim community; some women are brutality treated if they do not comply with the wearing the hijab and burka. They have had acid put on their face, been raped & beaten with bats. I have heard of many such testimonies. Of course that doesn't happen among modern Muslims especially in free countries like America. Have you heard the recent news of a young girl in a little town in Turkey who just looked at a boy, and she was punished by being buried alive by her Muslim father and grandfather to teach her a lesson that ended up as an honor killing.
Al Salamu Alaikom All, I'm a Muslim Woman, just for the record.
Ok so here is the thing, In the bible it says:
1 Corinthians 11:6 KJV: For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.

and you would say this is the old testament, and so i say: in the Bible it says:
Matthew 5:17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them." English standard version.

and whether you were a prisoner of your religion or not, Christianity asks women to "cover" themselves, or suppresses them like a lot on non-muslims think.

In our case, Obedient muslims do believe women are obligated to wear al hijab, and have found happiness in obeying Allah. and never have i as a covered muslimah, who am not forced by my muslim guarder(father) to wear it, but my faith in what i believe in that is the truth! never have i felt that it was in the way of my success as a student or as a working woman, or in any feminine thing that women do in their daily lives.

Here's a question for you, why do people in general wear anything? Everbody was born naked... but people wear clothes for modesty, and we Muslim women are being a little bit more modest, why does it bother you so much?

Please stop bringing up false practices and blame Islam for it, those who have put acid on girls faces, raped & beat up girls with bats. are not examples of true Muslims and we condemn them even before you do.

Islam does ask men to love their wives:
Rasool sall Allaahu ‘alaihi wasallam said:

I'll answer your question by this:
http://www.quran434.com/wife-beating-islam.html#part4

go and read it all then if you still don't feel satisfied, then i think you might be idealistic and romantic in your way of thinking, because in my very humble opinion, i think that Islam solved humanity problems in a very logical way, because god is aware of our potential movements. he knew that problems will happen between married people and that men will run out of ways of communication.

Yes the Quran describes for men how and when to slightly beat their wifes, and its not a joke! This is the best proof for you to know that Qura'an went into our lives to that detail! better than not mentioning anything and leave it for human to sink in their own rules and so have other HUGE social problems happen in society that we don't know how to solve, and everyone will have a say,,,
Your gender is undisclosed; so, I take it u are a sister in my minds eye. Thank you for sharing. You quoted Paul in 1 Corn. Let me say this is not what we are discussing, but since you brought it up, note that Paul said a woman's hair is her covering and note also that he states a woman should be covered while praying or giving a prophecy, this is to show that she is not over the man or usurping authority over men. That is why Christian women don't keep their head constantly covered.

When a woman is covered constantly in front of people with burka and all, this spells oppression to me. Many Muslim women are used to it, and they can't see it. So it does no good to ask how woman feel. Our feelings make nice servants but very poor leaders. Paul also mentions she should be shorn or shaven that is a far cry from the abuses I see on woman who didn't wear their Muslim outfits in Islamic countries.

What Paul meant wasn't referring to the women covering themselves in the public streets or market places. He was saying if a woman is not going to have long enough hair as a covering to show she is a woman then let her share it all off, and that is not to say that someone should do it to her or against her wishes. He is just making a point not a law. Look online at the abuses of woman for not wearing their sun depriving burkas and hijabs.

A Muslim man explained to me about this. He said, "If you sir saw a man throw two pieces of candy on the floor one was wrapped and the other not, which one would you take to eat. I said the wrapped one. He said that is how we treat our women" I thought about it, and for a minute it made sense, but I thought even deeper about it, and I got angry. I told him: "So that is how you see women like some property or candy. Are you getting this all you Muslim women?"

Now, the thing about when and how to beat the wife is a joke to me, and I think it is an embarrassment to many Muslims that they would have to write a 10 page essay to explain it in such a way to make it look noble & fair which it’s not. It suggests that only women will get out of line and not men. This rule of how to lightly beat your wives is to the derogation to women, but they are too subjectively involved to see it.

I am looking at it as objectively as possible, and I can tell you, it doesn't matter if you write a book on it. It leads to abuse, because what is beat woman lightly to one man is beat heavy to another. I say God says men "DO NOT BEAT YOUR WIVES AT ALL" Muslim write about it to try and explain why its Okay to do this because they can't blot it out of their Quran or they would.

Jesus said, "Learn of me my yoke is easy and my burden is light and I will give you rest for your souls." He will lead you in the path of righteousness. Islam's Allah is a hard task master; let's call a spade a spade. Paul said let a man love his wife like Christ loved the church and gave Himself for her. The man is to lay down is life for his wife not learn how to "lightly beat" her to conform to his whims!

"Why wear anything at all?" lol :lol: That is a good question. I am fine with being naked, but the world has to do it with me. We wear clothes as a part of Adam's shame for disobeying God or we would all be naked without shame.