Civil. Respectful. Intelligent. Thoughtful. Challenging.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Reply to topic
otseng
First Post
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:53 am  Your own custom title Reply with quote

For 500 tokens, you can have your own custom title below your name in your posts. Custom titles are limited to 40 characters and cannot contain any HTML or bbcode. They must also conform to the standards to this site (no profanity, no attacks on others). Each time you change your custom title will cost an additional 500 tokens.
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 41: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:08 pm

Like this post
McCulloch wrote:
For those who's Greek is a bit rusty, a less pedantic version...

Laughing

I swear to Dog: the only thing that kept me from posting something similar when I first saw that request ...was my totally inexplicable probationary status!

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 42: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:27 pm

Like this post
McCulloch wrote:
fewwillfindit wrote:
I would like:

δουλος ιησου χριστου
doulos Iesous Christos

If I can't have two lines of text lined up as it is above, then the following will suffice:

δουλος ιησου χριστου

For those who's Greek is a bit rusty, a less pedantic version of this would be: servant of Jesus Christ.

I wanted the Greek for a reason. The word δουλος (transliterated doulos) means slave. Most modern translations soften it to "servant," thus robbing the reader of its true meaning. One needs to dig deeper into the Greek language to discover this. Strong's concordance or popular lexicons do not do it justice.

It is the Greek word that carries the full weight of the meaning, and it is the word that defines my life. It has a very special intimate meaning to me, which is why I chose it.

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 43: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:21 pm

Like this post
fewwillfindit wrote:
McCulloch wrote:
fewwillfindit wrote:
I would like:

δουλος ιησου χριστου
doulos Iesous Christos

If I can't have two lines of text lined up as it is above, then the following will suffice:

δουλος ιησου χριστου

For those who's Greek is a bit rusty, a less pedantic version of this would be: servant of Jesus Christ.

I wanted the Greek for a reason. The word δουλος (transliterated doulos) means slave. Most modern translations soften it to "servant," thus robbing the reader of its true meaning. One needs to dig deeper into the Greek language to discover this. Strong's concordance or popular lexicons do not do it justice.

It is the Greek word that carries the full weight of the meaning, and it is the word that defines my life. It has a very special intimate meaning to me, which is why I chose it.

And what was used for servant when translated to Greek becomes child.

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 44: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:17 am

Like this post
I would like to get: "In the name of Allah | The Most Merciful"
(Which is exactly 40 characters btw)

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 45: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:25 am

Like this post
I'd like "I celebrate myself and sing myself. And what I assume you shall assume"

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 46: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:16 am

Like this post
Murad wrote:
I would like to get: "In the name of Allah | The Most Merciful"
(Which is exactly 40 characters btw)

Done. 500 tokens charged.

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 47: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:17 am

Like this post
flitzerbiest wrote:
I'd like "I celebrate myself and sing myself. And what I assume you shall assume"

This is greater than 40 characters. It has to be 40 chars or less.

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 48: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:26 am

Like this post
I dont want to bother you but could I change my title to: Qui vivimus qui pugnare

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 49: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:55 am

Like this post
mormon boy51 wrote:
I dont want to bother you but could I change my title to: Qui vivimus qui pugnare

We who live are we who fight? (Sorry. My Latin conjugation is a bit rusty.)

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 50: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:06 am

Like this post
fewwillfindit wrote:
mormon boy51 wrote:

We who live are we who fight? (Sorry. My Latin conjugation is a bit rusty.)

Meant to say: Those who live are those who fight.

Goto top, bottom

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Jump to:  
Facebook
Tweet

On The Web | Ecodia | Hymn Lyrics Apps
Facebook | Twitter