Your own custom title

Messages from the admins

Moderator: Moderators

otseng
Savant

Your own custom title

Post #1

Post by otseng »

For 500 tokens, you can have your own custom title below your name in your posts. Custom titles are limited to 40 characters and cannot contain any HTML or bbcode. They must also conform to the standards to this site (no profanity, no attacks on others). Each time you change your custom title will cost an additional 500 tokens.
Last edited by otseng on Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Icarus Fallen
Banned
Banned

Post #41

Post by Icarus Fallen »

McCulloch wrote:For those who's Greek is a bit rusty, a less pedantic version...
:lol:

I swear to Dog: the only thing that kept me from posting something similar when I first saw that request ...was my totally inexplicable probationary status!

fewwillfindit
Guru

Post #42

Post by fewwillfindit »

McCulloch wrote:
fewwillfindit wrote:I would like:

δουλος ιησου χ�ιστου
doulos Iesous Christos

If I can't have two lines of text lined up as it is above, then the following will suffice:

δουλος ιησου χ�ιστου
For those who's Greek is a bit rusty, a less pedantic version of this would be: servant of Jesus Christ.
I wanted the Greek for a reason. The word δουλος (transliterated doulos) means slave. Most modern translations soften it to "servant," thus robbing the reader of its true meaning. One needs to dig deeper into the Greek language to discover this. Strong's concordance or popular lexicons do not do it justice.

It is the Greek word that carries the full weight of the meaning, and it is the word that defines my life. It has a very special intimate meaning to me, which is why I chose it.
Acts 13:48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord, and as many as were appointed to eternal life believed.

Cathar1950
Site Supporter

Post #43

Post by Cathar1950 »

fewwillfindit wrote:
McCulloch wrote:
fewwillfindit wrote:I would like:

δουλος ιησου χ�ιστου
doulos Iesous Christos

If I can't have two lines of text lined up as it is above, then the following will suffice:

δουλος ιησου χ�ιστου
For those who's Greek is a bit rusty, a less pedantic version of this would be: servant of Jesus Christ.
I wanted the Greek for a reason. The word δουλος (transliterated doulos) means slave. Most modern translations soften it to "servant," thus robbing the reader of its true meaning. One needs to dig deeper into the Greek language to discover this. Strong's concordance or popular lexicons do not do it justice.

It is the Greek word that carries the full weight of the meaning, and it is the word that defines my life. It has a very special intimate meaning to me, which is why I chose it.
And what was used for servant when translated to Greek becomes child.

Murad
Guru

Post #44

Post by Murad »

I would like to get: "In the name of Allah | The Most Merciful"
(Which is exactly 40 characters btw)
Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" without being put to the test?
We have tested those before them, for GOD must distinguish those who are truthful, and He must expose the liars.

(Quran 29:2-3)

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---

flitzerbiest
Sage

Post #45

Post by flitzerbiest »

I'd like "I celebrate myself and sing myself. And what I assume you shall assume"

otseng
Savant

Post #46

Post by otseng »

Murad wrote:I would like to get: "In the name of Allah | The Most Merciful"
(Which is exactly 40 characters btw)
Done. 500 tokens charged.

otseng
Savant

Post #47

Post by otseng »

flitzerbiest wrote:I'd like "I celebrate myself and sing myself. And what I assume you shall assume"
This is greater than 40 characters. It has to be 40 chars or less.

Kuan
Site Supporter

Post #48

Post by Kuan »

I dont want to bother you but could I change my title to: Qui vivimus qui pugnare
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
- Voltaire

Kung may ayaw, may dahilan. Kung may gusto, may paraan.

fewwillfindit
Guru

Post #49

Post by fewwillfindit »

mormon boy51 wrote:I dont want to bother you but could I change my title to: Qui vivimus qui pugnare
We who live are we who fight? (Sorry. My Latin conjugation is a bit rusty.)
Acts 13:48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord, and as many as were appointed to eternal life believed.

Kuan
Site Supporter

Post #50

Post by Kuan »

fewwillfindit wrote:
mormon boy51 wrote:I dont want to bother you but could I change my title to: Qui vivimus qui pugnare
We who live are we who fight? (Sorry. My Latin conjugation is a bit rusty.)
Meant to say: Those who live are those who fight.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
- Voltaire

Kung may ayaw, may dahilan. Kung may gusto, may paraan.