Compassionate Islam?

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

bernee51
Site Supporter

Compassionate Islam?

Post #1

Post by bernee51 »

Is this yet another example of Allah the Compassionate...

Pakistani mother of three sentenced to death for blasphemy for supposedly blaspheming the "Prophet" after her offers of bringing water to Muslims was rejected on the grounds that she was a Christian.

1. Should Islam throw of the yoke of such ridiculous laws as as blasphemy? Can it?

2. Where is the compassion and acceptance within this medieval abomination of a beleif system?
"Whatever you are totally ignorant of, assert to be the explanation of everything else"

William James quoting Dr. Hodgson

"When I see I am nothing, that is wisdom. When I see I am everything, that is love. My life is a movement between these two."

Nisargadatta Maharaj

Burninglight
Guru

q

Post #91

Post by Burninglight »

A Troubled Man wrote:
Asher wrote:
You should buy a Qur'an there you will find how God created the Universe; And Science agrees with it;
There are a great deal of Islamic propagandists littering the internet with their garbled versions of how the Quran and science are compatible. None have ever been successful in their ventures, though.
The Quran describes that Allah "made from water every living thing" (21:30). Another verse describes how "Allah has created every animal from water. Of them are some that creep on their bellies, some that walk on two legs, and some that walk on four. Allah creates what He wills, for truly Allah has power over all things" (24:45). These verses support the scientific theory that life began in the Earth's oceans.
Making all living things from water and having life originally beginning in water are not the same thing. There are many elements in living organisms that are not found in water alone.
In short, Muslims do not believe that human beings randomly evolved from apes. The life of human beings began with the creation of two people, a male and a female named Adam and Hawwa (Eve).
Obviously, science does not agree with those beliefs.
It is funny listen to a Muslim trying to mix science with Islam and never the twain shall meet. They simply believe Muhammad's version of how life began, because they feel to go against their prophet is to go against Allah. So they are willing to believe stupid things like the sun asks Allah for permission to rise and set. They believe that the sky is held up by pillars that cannot be seen (Invisible pillars) and the stars hang from the sky as lanterns. If Muslims dug a little deeper, they would see that Muhammad was influenced by ancient Roman belief. Moreover, all the info in the Quran regarding embryology was already in print before the Quran was recited; in fact, Muhammad recited the errors of Hippocrates, and Galen