Biblical Evidence Jesus was not Killed

To discuss Islam topics and issues

Moderator: Moderators

Murad
Guru

Biblical Evidence Jesus was not Killed

Post #1

Post by Murad »

If you can spare a few minutes; please watch this video.
Using the Bible alone; Jesus was shown not to be killed.

This is the main video; that is a must watch.
(The talk starts at 2minutes)

If you dont have time; here are the summarised points:
Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" without being put to the test?
We have tested those before them, for GOD must distinguish those who are truthful, and He must expose the liars.

(Quran 29:2-3)

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---

Question Everything
Sage

Post #11

Post by Question Everything »

East of Eden wrote:People don't normally die for a lie.
Sorry, but that argument has already been debunked:
[center][youtube]
&feature=related[/youtube][/center]
"Oh, you can''t get through seminary and come out believing in God!"

current pastor who is a closet atheist
quoted by Daniel Dennett.

East of Eden
Under Suspension

Post #12

Post by East of Eden »

Question Everything wrote:
East of Eden wrote:People don't normally die for a lie.
Sorry, but that argument has already been debunked:
[center][youtube]
&feature=related[/youtube][/center]
Sorry, but I didn't see any debunking here. Apparently there's more to this video than you posted.
"We are fooling ourselves if we imagine that we can ever make the authentic Gospel popular......it is too simple in an age of rationalism; too narrow in an age of pluralism; too humiliating in an age of self-confidence; too demanding in an age of permissiveness; and too unpatriotic in an age of blind nationalism." Rev. John R.W. Stott, CBE

riverslivnwtr
Under Probation

Post #13

Post by riverslivnwtr »

AkiThePirate wrote:
[color=indigo]East of Eden[/color] wrote:Hard to understand, but what nonsense. Some of the times cited where Jesus was alive were after His resurrection. All of the contemporary ancient world accounts, Christian and non-Christian, agreed Jesus died on the cross. You are alleging a fantastic conspriracy with no evidence.

People don't normally die for a lie.
The evidence he has doesn't seem a whole lot weaker than the evidence for this resurrection.

People don't normally get up after being killed.
well now, I have evidence of his resurrection..

He lives in me today.. 8-)

LiamOS
Site Supporter

Post #14

Post by LiamOS »

[color=green]riverslivnwtr[/color] wrote:well now, I have evidence of his resurrection..

I challenge you to show:
-That Jesus is alive today.
-That Jesus is a parasite(Or perhaps maintains a symbiotic relationship with you).
-That either of the above constitute evidence of his resurrection.

riverslivnwtr
Under Probation

Post #15

Post by riverslivnwtr »

AkiThePirate wrote:
[color=green]riverslivnwtr[/color] wrote:well now, I have evidence of his resurrection..

I challenge you to show:
-That Jesus is a parasite(Or perhaps maintains a symbiotic relationship with you).
That's really quite easy ...I followed the instructions in the bible and received the expected results..deductive reasoning coupled with the long extensive relationship according to the scriptures provide me with ample evidence..

which is common among believers 8-)

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #16

Post by Goat »

riverslivnwtr wrote:
AkiThePirate wrote:

I challenge you to show:
That's really quite easy ...I followed the instructions in the bible and received the expected results..deductive reasoning coupled with the long extensive relationship according to the scriptures provide me with ample evidence..

That's your claim, and you might believe it, but , how can you SHOW ME'?

Can you provide any evidence TO ME that your whole 'expected results' is not merely a self generated emotional reaction followed by confirmation bias?
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

riverslivnwtr
Under Probation

Post #17

Post by riverslivnwtr »

Goat wrote:
riverslivnwtr wrote:
AkiThePirate wrote:

I challenge you to show:

That's your claim, and you might believe it, but , how can you SHOW ME'?

Can you provide any evidence TO ME that your whole 'expected results' is not merely a self generated emotional reaction followed by confirmation bias?

you could receive it yourself that is the only way for you to be totally convinced..
some doubters have actually been successful...myself for example...I nearly fainted ..it was at that point when he filled me..by fainting I mean giving up..

the first thing is to desire it..to do that you have to believe ; and to believe you have to accept Jesus...on his conditions..Jesus never killed anyone and he clearly in the bible directs his followers never to kill.. though he gave that right to governments even evil governments..

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #18

Post by Goat »

riverslivnwtr wrote:

you could receive it yourself that is the only way for you to be totally convinced..
some doubters have actually been successful...myself for example...I nearly fainted ..it was at that point when he filled me..by fainting I mean giving up..

the first thing is to desire it..to do that you have to believe ; and to believe you have to accept Jesus...on his conditions..Jesus never killed anyone and he clearly in the bible directs his followers never to kill.. though he gave that right to governments even evil governments..
I don't see how repeating an unsupported claim is supporting your claim
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

riverslivnwtr
Under Probation

Post #19

Post by riverslivnwtr »

Goat wrote:
riverslivnwtr wrote:

I don't see how repeating an unsupported claim is supporting your claim
Christianity is not for unbelievers..it's for those who hear..there are many reasons why a person would shut it off when they hear it...

it could be a whole host of reasons..

when if first came the Romans have many reasons to reject it..
it cost too much.. it offered you eternal life but would cost you your life..

then after Constantine they decided to embrace it because they could use it to increase their army ranks and give the Romans the idea of God fighting for them..
that lead to the Crusades which today would give many people pause to decide whether or not they would follow a Christ who would kill so many millions of Muslims and force Christianity on all of Europe; the inquisition is another reason to reject Christianity.. and many other reasons too innumerable to count..

This means that only a God intervention could persuade sinners to repent...

God puts every person in the category of a sinner, whether by many sins or just one....

You cannot believe unless God gives you the power to do so....