Minor Question . . .

To discuss Islam topics and issues

Moderator: Moderators

Jrosemary
Sage

Minor Question . . .

Post #1

Post by Jrosemary »

Apologies in advance if this is a stupid question: would there be any difficulty for a Muslim to accept an invitation to Shabbat dinner?

(I can't think of any Jewish blessing/song/prayer said over the meal that wouldn't also work for Muslims. And the dinner would be vegetarian, which should solve any kosher or halal issues. But I know sometimes it's hard to mix religious observances. Some Orthodox Jews, for example, won't attend non-Jewish religious services or celebrations. Other Jews, however, do so freely.)

Murad
Guru

Post #2

Post by Murad »

There would be no difficulty; expecially with the details you have listed.
I hope the day goes well. :)
“ And verily We gave the Children of Israel the Scripture and the Command and the Prophethood, and provided them with good things and favored them above (all) peoples.� (Al-Jathiyah:16)
Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" without being put to the test?
We have tested those before them, for GOD must distinguish those who are truthful, and He must expose the liars.

(Quran 29:2-3)

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---

Jrosemary
Sage

Post #3

Post by Jrosemary »

Thanks for the answer, Murad! I'll feel less awkward about proffering the invitation now. (I didn't want to put anyone on the spot!)

Malachi-Zede-El
Banned
Banned

Re: Minor Question . . .

Post #4

Post by Malachi-Zede-El »

Jrosemary wrote:Apologies in advance if this is a stupid question: would there be any difficulty for a Muslim to accept an invitation to Shabbat dinner?

(I can't think of any Jewish blessing/song/prayer said over the meal that wouldn't also work for Muslims. And the dinner would be vegetarian, which should solve any kosher or halal issues. But I know sometimes it's hard to mix religious observances. Some Orthodox Jews, for example, won't attend non-Jewish religious services or celebrations. Other Jews, however, do so freely.)

It nothing wrong with going to dinner with people of other Religion , As long as they respect each other Religion . Anyway you spoke of thing being kosher or halal , It shouldn't be any problem's .

KnowThyself

Re: Minor Question . . .

Post #5

Post by KnowThyself »

Hello! I have been yearning to ask a modern day Muslim woman a specific question and, much to the chagrin of my wonderful boyfriend, I've been restrained to ask my questions in public.
I am not a practicing Muslim, however I find Islam beautiful. I especially love the respect Muslim women have for their bodies. I once complimented a Muslim woman's head scarf and she ended up giving one to me! I was so thrilled that I took it home, wrapped it around my head and prayed. I instantly felt more emotionally sincere in my journey. I can't fully explain what it felt like, but it was only positive emotion.
I would like to utilize this year's Lent to dress in hijab (Muslim women's clothing) or at least follow the essential rules of Islam dress. I wanted to walk in a Muslim's woman's shoes for 40 days and 40 nights, per say. I wanted to feel the respect for my own body and feel the modesty that the American society strips from women.
Is this disrespectful??
Would this be considered impersonation of some sort??
My practice, in my heart, is only in the utmost respect and my actions are only of peace. I would be mindful of society's consistent judgement and watch what I do/say. This idea is only to better myself and ideally, better my perception.
Please respond with honesty.
Thank you!!