Be a Vampire?

What would you do if?

Moderator: Moderators

Squall
Student

Be a Vampire?

Post #1

Post by Squall »

So one night your walking down the street and a Vampie swoops down picks you up and flys you to a roof top. He/She what ever you prefer says Im gonna kill myself but before I do that I want to make you a vampire. As a vampire you will stay young forever, you will only get stronger and more powerfull with age. Fire, having your head choped off and sunlight are the only things that can kill you. But you must feed on the blood of the living and watch those you love grow old and die, you could also never eat food or have sex ever again. You could of course make all your loved ones vampires but thats a little impractical. If you refuse I will leave you alone and never return. IF you accept I will let you be alive one more day and make you a vampire the next nigt.

would you take this vampire up on his offer or pass it up?

Nyril
Scholar

Post #2

Post by Nyril »

Certainly I would. My main reason would be the extended life, I have somewhat romantic notions about what the future will hold as far as technology goes and I'm a bit annoyed I'll likely die before we see so much as a single starcruiser.
"Secular schools can never be tolerated because such schools have no religious instruction, and a general moral instruction without a religious foundation is built on air...we need believing people."
[Adolf Hitler, April 26, 1933]

Squall
Student

Post #3

Post by Squall »

Then of course there is the ability to wacth nations and empires rise and fall of course. It could be very sad to watch your homeland fall into decay or be occupied by some invading force,only to have the name of your home country become forgoten or even become a myth something along the lines of Atlantis

Tycho23
Student

Post #4

Post by Tycho23 »

........um.... :roll:

You would have to prey on the blood of the innocent, and um, I don't if that would float your boat. Having to kill and drain the blood from an infinite amount of people throughout the years? I think it would get a little tiring, not to mention morally draining. BUT...

To fly when ever you wanted. To defy gravity like it was nothing....
............................ Prodigious!

Dilettante
Sage

Post #5

Post by Dilettante »

Thanks but I'd rather stay a human. I enjoy sunlight too much to have to go without!
BTW, are you implying that Atlantis is not mythical?

Squall
Student

Post #6

Post by Squall »

One could theoretically drink the blood of killers, and rapists and such. That migth ease some ones conscience. Not mine but someones.

I also just thought besides the sun and fire any other vampire who is stronger than you would also be a threat to any vampires life um er..unlife.

Im not saying Atlantis is mythical or not mythical Im just saying America or any great nation of modern times could reach a status in the minds of people in the distant future as Atlantis.

As to my personal feelings on Atlantis I see it as probably myth but I wasnt around 10 thousand years ago (or whatever time frame it supposedly existed) so I cannt say I know for a fact Atlantis is not real, or I know for a fact it was real.

ST88
Site Supporter

Post #7

Post by ST88 »

I've been asking myself this question ever since I saw the movie "Interview with the Vampire." The idea of a ostensibly eternal life is very attractive (in addition to the flying part). On the other hand, I get squeamish just thinking about killing a chicken for dinner. Maybe I would feel differently about this when I was "turned". I don't know. At this point in my life, I don't think that the idea of murdering other people to survive is something I can do. It's possible that I may someday become a Conservative, however, and then it will be everyone for themselves.

Squall
Student

Post #8

Post by Squall »

I admit I based this question from vampires according to the rules that Anne Rice set up in Interview with the Vampire. Rician vampires usually not always but usually undergo a change of nature that is more predatory when becomeing a vampire this makes thier objections to killing well less objectionable. The Character Louis fought his instinct to kill but eventually he gave in. Assuming you knew your nature would change and killing would become easy to you would you still with the ethics that you have now willingly undergo a change that would forever alter your morals?

Dilettante
Sage

Post #9

Post by Dilettante »

Squall wrote:
Im not saying Atlantis is mythical or not mythical Im just saying America or any great nation of modern times could reach a status in the minds of people in the distant future as Atlantis.

As to my personal feelings on Atlantis I see it as probably myth but I wasnt around 10 thousand years ago (or whatever time frame it supposedly existed) so I cannt say I know for a fact Atlantis is not real, or I know for a fact it was real.

Atlantis is definitely a myth created for philosophical purposes by the great Greek philosopher Plato (427-347 BC) first appearing in his dialogue Timaeus and later "resurfacing" in the Critias dialogue. Plato never intended his myth to be taken as fact, and would be dismayed if he knew people would later try to find this "lost continent".

Squall
Student

Post #10

Post by Squall »

Dilettante wrote: Atlantis is definitely a myth created for philosophical purposes by the great Greek philosopher Plato (427-347 BC) first appearing in his dialogue Timaeus and later "resurfacing" in the Critias dialogue. Plato never intended his myth to be taken as fact, and would be dismayed if he knew people would later try to find this "lost continent".
Fine whatever its not like I care about Atlantis either way. Anyway back to the vampire question