The Year and Week of the execution of Jesus.

Where Christians can get together and discuss

Moderator: Moderators

Adstar
Under Probation

The Year and Week of the execution of Jesus.

Post #1

Post by Adstar »

Hello again. :)

I see my last thread in this section has been locked. I am not surprised. But i am sure the ones who God wills to recieve the Message will recieve the message irrespective of that.

Now to this post.

I believe the Messiah Jesus was Executed on Wednesday April 3, 30 A.D. Gregorian date Or Nisan 14th the Passover 30AD.

This week and this year fit well into the account of the Messiah's last days before His execution. The following list details the Days and the associated scriptures that happened upon that day.

Note: The Jewish days are night first - then day

Tuesday day
Jesus' disciples prepare for the Passover.
Matt 26:17-19
Luke 22:7-13

Tuesday night (Jewish 4th day of the week begins)
The Lord's Passover - 14th day of the 1st month Lev 23:5
The last supper -
Matt 26:20-29
Luke 22:15-18

Prayer in Gethsememne -
Matt 26:36-45
Luke 22:40-46

Jesus arrested -
Matt 26:50-55
Matt 27:1-38

Wednesday day - Jewish preparation day for High Sabbath
(day 1 Feast of Unleaven Bread)
Jesus crucified around 9 a.m.-
Matt 27:31-44
Luke 23:26-43

Darkness covers the land at noon time-
Matt 27:45
Luke 23:26-43

Jesus died around 3 p.m.-
Matt 27:50-56
Luke 23:45-49

Jesus buried hastily between 3 p.m. and sunset-
Matt 27:57-66
Luke 23:50-56

Wednesday night (Jewish 5th day of the week begins - 15th day of the 1st month - day 1 of the feast of unleaven bread begins - a High Sabbath)
Jesus in tomb-
1st night in the belly of the earth

Thursday day
Jesus in tomb-
1st day in the belly of the earth

Thursday night (Jewish 6th day of the week begins - end 15th day of the 1st month - end of the High Sabbath)
Jesus in tomb-
2nd night in the belly of the earth

Friday day
Jesus in tomb-
2nd day in the belly of the earth

Friday night (Jewish 7th day of the week begins - the Sabbath according to the commandment)
Jesus in tomb-
3rd night in the belly of the earth

Saturday day
Jesus in tomb-
3rd day in the belly of the earth - final part of three days and three nights

Jesus arose between 3 p.m. and sunset
Two Marys go to see the tomb . . . He's not there . . . He is risen!
Matt 28:1

Saturday night - (Jewish 1st day of the week begins - 7th day Sabbath ends)

Sunday day
He appeared to some of His diciples and they all gather together for fear of the Jews
Matt 28:16-20
Mark 16:9-14
Luke 24:1-47
John 20:19

I propose to all Christians in this forum not to react to the uncivil bating that may be injected into this thread. For it will be used as reason to shutdown this thread.

I expect that there may be some legitimate questions. If this thread is shut down i am open to correspondence with "Christians" via the Private messaging system.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Slopeshoulder
Banned
Banned

Post #2

Post by Slopeshoulder »

Is this confirmed by professional biblical scholarhsip?
Does it differ from professional biblical scholarship?
Are you the first to suggest this?
If it's new, would you try to get it published and reviewed?
I'm not sure of its significance, but its an interesting topic.

Kuan
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by Kuan »

Interesting, the LDS church has been giving that date out for a while I think.

EDIT: I think it was April 6 now actually....Im not sure so im looking it up.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
- Voltaire

Kung may ayaw, may dahilan. Kung may gusto, may paraan.

EasternSP
Apprentice

Post #4

Post by EasternSP »

That's a good bit of work there Adstar and I applaud your work.
I would suppose there might be a bit of information to arrive at your conclusion that might be missed, just as there might be a lot of information about traditions that are missed but have significance in what we read in the bible. I would only hope that those who know the missing pieces, if any, would contribute it in a respectful manner, to contribute to your work rather than to tear it down.

yaright
Student

Post #5

Post by yaright »

I'd like to share something concerning the Passover; I hope it is somehow revelant to your post. You wrote;

"I believe the Messiah Jesus was Executed on Wednesday April 3, 30 A.D. Gregorian date Or Nisan 14th the Passover 30AD. "

The time and the act have become personal understanding to me; teaching me what and how these things took place in my own life.

In Egypt, the Passover meal was prepared in the evening of the last day in the land of sin, where there is no inheritance for God's people. The phrase, "The last day" did not strike me until I began to carefully consider these things.

The sheep was slain and it's blood saved the people of each household.

This is what happened in the New Testament, when by tradition this Passover meal was prepared in the very last day, and was re-enacted; exactly as tradition was given; But, immediately, the real thing was about to take place. Jesus was taken in this land of sin (figurative language), He was slain, and His blood saved those whom answer the call of God to come.

When we are called by the word of God, repent of the life we lived in a world of sin, Immediately the blood of the Lamb of God is given to save those who answer the call and follow Him out of a land rich with the things we desire in the flesh, to follow in His teaching;

I'm sure might be able to word this better; but in the end I came to understand on a personal plain what Jesus has done for me beyond the work of traditions. Don't get me wrong. The traditions are necessary for each generation that comes an goes, to carefully consider what Jesus did for each of us who hear the Word of God, repent and follow Him..

What you wrote has great meaning to me on a personal level. Thank you for your witness.

Adstar
Under Probation

Post #6

Post by Adstar »

Thanks for your thoughts yaright , The original Passover was a symbolic dress rehearsal for the read Atoning blood event that would truly bring salvation to men.

Jesus is the Lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days