Why would God allow his holy book to be corrupted by man?

To discuss Islam topics and issues

Moderator: Moderators

zcaz
Apprentice

Why would God allow his holy book to be corrupted by man?

Post #1

Post by zcaz »

The Bible clearly teaches that Jesus is God incarnated and this is evident through comparison ..
"I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour." Isaiah 43:11

...the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world. 1 John 4:14

...the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us...John 1:14

Jesus said, "Fear not; I am the first and the last:" Revelation 1:17
... Then saith Jesus unto him... Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. Matthew 4:10

While [Jesus] spake these things unto them, behold, there came a certain ruler, and worshipped him... Matthew 9:18
...unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder...and his name shall be called... The mighty God, The everlasting Father... Isaiah 9:6 (talking about god being the messiah)

The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he. John 4:25-26

So here is clear cut evidence that Jesus in the Bible indirectly claimed to be God. If you reject this, you would have to believe that God allowed his word to be manipulated by man and or changed his mind when he gave Muhammad his revelation.

Wouldn't it make sense however, that the Bible claims Jesus is the only way to salvation, and Satan being the clever deceiver/copy cat that he is, gave a false revelation to Muhammad with the sole purpose of discrediting Jesus?

With so many Islamic organizations and movements out there hellbent on destroying Christians and Jews alike, it seems as if Islam is a 'wolf in sheeps clothing' where they do have good messages of peace but also a huge following of spiritual and political leaders who claim the Imam Mahdi is alive and is going to help in the uprising of Islam(sounds a lot like the Christian prophesied anti-christ).

I'm not trying to be offensive, I'm just wondering how Islam is justified in their beliefs that there is an almighty God, yet he allowed his word to be semi-perverted?

Murad
Guru

Post #31

Post by Murad »

James Simmons wrote: Thank you...
Brother Yaqub, I'm guessing your ahlus sunnah (sunni)?
Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" without being put to the test?
We have tested those before them, for GOD must distinguish those who are truthful, and He must expose the liars.

(Quran 29:2-3)

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---

Jacob Simonsky
Apprentice

Post #32

Post by Jacob Simonsky »

Yeah, that Jews and Christians will burn in Hell, and you will have a sex orgy with a roomful of virgins. I imagine, if you are like Muhammad, you prefer them young. REAL young.

Muhammad killed 1000's of Jews. You are pro-Dictatorship, anti freedom, antichrist and antisemetic in saying this. Actually, you are pro-murder of Jews, and pro-sex slave raping of women and children Jews by saying this. Muhammad is your guy.[/quote]

Thank you, Ball Pean, in the name of Jesus, for your words.
Please do not ask me to provide evidence of what I claim. I have no interest in persuading anyone to believe as I do.

Jew, Christian and Muslim... all equal in G-d's eye.

Jacob Simonsky
Apprentice

Post #33

Post by Jacob Simonsky »

Murad wrote:

I have no inclination to be any "kind" of Muslim. Perhaps what I am saying here is typical of reverts who have never lived in Muslim countries.

What do you think?
Please do not ask me to provide evidence of what I claim. I have no interest in persuading anyone to believe as I do.

Murad
Guru

Post #34

Post by Murad »

James Simmons wrote:
Murad wrote:

I have no inclination to be any "kind" of Muslim. Perhaps what I am saying here is typical of reverts who have never lived in Muslim countries.

What do you think?
Well considering that you've only been a muslim for 2 years, your most likely not too familiar with Sunni & Shia.

First of all, yes, all the 'sects' of Islam use the same Quran, there is no "Sunni Quran" like there is the "Catholic Bible".

What you have is Mainstream Islam aka "Ahlus Sunnah wal Jamaah", which make up 80-90% of all muslims.

Then you have Shia Islam, which makes up approx the other 10-20%.

I myself am a mainstream muslim (Sunni) & im guessing you are too.

A basic sum up:
http://islam.about.com/cs/divisions/f/shia_sunni.htm
Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" without being put to the test?
We have tested those before them, for GOD must distinguish those who are truthful, and He must expose the liars.

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---

Jacob Simonsky
Apprentice

Post #35

Post by Jacob Simonsky »

Then you have Shia Islam, which makes up approx the other 10-20%.

I myself am a mainstream muslim (Sunni) & im guessing you are too.

A basic sum up:
http://islam.about.com/cs/divisions/f/shia_sunni.htm[/quote]

You are the first who has ever asked that question. I do understand the history of the two groups. I understand there are others as well. I don't mean Sufi, I mean other more obscure groups.

If the issue never comes up in my local group I doubt I'll ever express any preference.

Yaqub

Murad
Guru

Post #36

Post by Murad »

James Simmons wrote:

You are the first who has ever asked that question. I do understand the history of the two groups. I understand there are others as well. I don't mean Sufi, I mean other more obscure groups.

If the issue never comes up in my local group I doubt I'll ever express any preference.

Yaqub
Well, i dont label myself sunni or shia, i simply call myself a "Muslim", but it is important to know your orientation within Islam.

And here is how to use the quote function:

Code: Select all

To quote me for example, type:
[quote="Murad"]
Hi
[/quote]

or you can choose not to type any name, for e.g.
[quote]
Hi
[/quote]

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---

Jacob Simonsky
Apprentice

Post #37

Post by Jacob Simonsky »

Orientation within Islam? I'll do some research on this.

Murad
Guru

Post #38

Post by Murad »

James Simmons wrote:Orientation within Islam? I'll do some research on this.
Its quite easy.

How do you view Abu Bakr, Umar & Uthman (r.a) ?

If it's negative then you are Shia, if it's positive then you are mainstream Sunni.

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---

Jester
Prodigy

Post #39

Post by Jester »

Ball Pean wrote:Yeah, that Jews and Christians will burn in Hell, and you will have a sex orgy with a roomful of virgins. I imagine, if you are like Muhammad, you prefer them young. REAL young.

Muhammad killed 1000's of Jews. You are pro-Dictatorship, anti freedom, antichrist and antisemetic in saying this. Actually, you are pro-murder of Jews, and pro-sex slave raping of women and children Jews by saying this. Muhammad is your guy.
:warning: Moderator Warning

This is clearly an attack, meant more to offend than to politely establish the truth or falsehood of a claim. To clarify, the purpose of this site is to debate issues, as opposed to simply stating positions or attacking other groups.
If there are things about Islam that you find to be objectionable, politely state and support your claims to that end. If you wish only to make attacking declarative statements, find another site to make such comments.

Please review our Rules.

Jacob Simonsky
Apprentice

Post #40

Post by Jacob Simonsky »

Murad wrote:
James Simmons wrote:Orientation within Islam? I'll do some research on this.
Its quite easy.

How do you view Abu Bakr, Umar & Uthman (r.a) ?

If it's negative then you are Shia, if it's positive then you are mainstream Sunni.

I'll read about that. What makes someone a Sufi or is that some kind of special mystical category???