70 Non Trinitarian translations of John 1:1

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Shermana
Prodigy

70 Non Trinitarian translations of John 1:1

Post #1

Post by Shermana »

An excellent collection though a few show a few signs of liberties. There's a lot more "A god" translations than I realized.

Is it logical to conclude that there is much more than the JWs as an authority that this reading of John 1:1 can be legitimately read as "a god"?

Are there enough translations that present the case of "a god" or "Divine" as the translation of an article-less "Theos" to conclude that it's not just some fringe baseless position? Is it more of a Theological issue why the "A god" translation is so unappreciated by the "Conservative scholars"?

onewithhim
Savant

Re: 70 Non Trinitarian translations of John 1:1

Post #111

Post by onewithhim »

kjw47 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:29 pm
Shermana wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:38 am

An excellent collection though a few show a few signs of liberties. There's a lot more "A god" translations than I realized.

Is it logical to conclude that there is much more than the JWs as an authority that this reading of John 1:1 can be legitimately read as "a god"?

Are there enough translations that present the case of "a god" or "Divine" as the translation of an article-less "Theos" to conclude that it's not just some fringe baseless position? Is it more of a Theological issue why the "A god" translation is so unappreciated by the "Conservative scholars"?

It proves trinity religions are not Jesus', thus they reject all translations showing the truth at John 1:1.
I say trinity scholars know 100% that in the Greek lexicons the word is not called capitol G God but a god is 100% correct.
Yes it is, but, sadly, the powers-that-be blot out all that information. Why? Strong bias because of the overwhelming teachings from every religious group out there but one.