Faithful Partner usergroup

Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

Moses Yoder
Guru

Faithful Partner usergroup

Post #1

Post by Moses Yoder »

I started a new usergroupd called "Faithful Partner" yesterday. So far we have 2 members. This group of course is not for everybody, but you might want to join it if you believe in being a faithful partner. It is an open group, anyone can join. I would welcome any thoughts on it. Below is a copy of the group details. You can join by clicking on the "usergroups" button in the page header.
Moses Yoder wrote:

Name:Faithful Partner

Description:For those people who are in a relationship with one special person, either of opposite or same sex, and believe in being faithful to them. For this purpose faithful is defined as definition 2 and 3 from Dictionary.com;
2. true to one's word, promises, vows, etc.
3. steady in allegiance or affection; loyal; constant: faithful friends.
Matthew 16:26
New King James Version (NKJV)
26 For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?

Haven

Post #2

Post by Haven »

Excellent usergroup. I'd join, but I'm single right now :(.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #3

Post by Divine Insight »

Haven wrote: Excellent usergroup. I'd join, but I'm single right now :(.

I was thinking the same thing.

In fact, it seems like a raw deal if you actually have to have a partner to join.

I mean, I've been monogamous-minded and totally faithful my entire life to every partner I've ever had. I never married simply because I never found a person that I felt that deeply about. Every relationship I ever had ended in a friendly manner with no infidelity on either side. Honesty and loyalty was always a mutually valued moral concept.

So I consider myself to be a "Faithful Partner" even during times when I may not have a partner. Being single doesn't change who I am.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by McCulloch »

I would like to join the group. My wife and I have been married thirty years at the end of this month. Throughout that time, we've had many difficulties, but never a problem being faithful to each other.

However, I already have too many groups that I belong to and this one adds little value to the debates.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John