As Atheism is a non-prophet organization shouldn't we get

Where agnostics and atheists can freely discuss

Moderator: Moderators

lionel1020
Student

As Atheism is a non-prophet organization shouldn't we get

Post #1

Post by lionel1020 »

I know we are not an organization or a charity. We don't have churches ect, ect.
But facts and truth have never stopped religions why should it stop us? :D

Adurumus
Scholar

Post #2

Post by Adurumus »

Individual Christians don't get tax breaks, only churches do. Even then, it's only under certain conducts- they cannot, for example, get tax breaks when selling secular services or products. I'm not really sure how we could go about getting tax breaks for anything under the "banner" of atheism.
[center]Let me light the way[/center]

lionel1020
Student

Post #3

Post by lionel1020 »

Adurumus wrote: I'm not really sure how we could go about getting tax breaks for anything under the "banner" of atheism.

We could at least nominate the local pub as a meeting place; get cheap beer and free parking while we plot.

PS
@Adurumus Did you notice what was written on the sword in the “Boy Scout� poster you posted?
“Striking down the sinner with the sword of Bigotry and Discrimination� I wonder if they would admit that today?

Question Everything
Sage

Post #4

Post by Question Everything »

Adurumus wrote:I'm not really sure how we could go about getting tax breaks for anything under the "banner" of atheism.
My suggestion would be to form a Unitarian church.
"Oh, you can''t get through seminary and come out believing in God!"

current pastor who is a closet atheist
quoted by Daniel Dennett.

Adurumus
Scholar

Post #5

Post by Adurumus »

lionel1020 wrote:PS
@Adurumus Did you notice what was written on the sword in the “Boy Scout� poster you posted?
“Striking down the sinner with the sword of Bigotry and Discrimination� I wonder if they would admit that today?
Seeing as though a few organizations have threatened to break ties with them over their hate towards gays and discrimination/non-approval of atheists, and they still haven't folded, probably. They stand behind their ideals to the end. I disagree with them, buy it's... somewhat respectable.
[center]Let me light the way[/center]

ThatGirlAgain
Prodigy

Post #6

Post by ThatGirlAgain »

Was the pun in the thread title intentional?

Dogmatism and skepticism are both, in a sense, absolute philosophies; one is certain of knowing, the other of not knowing. What philosophy should dissipate is certainty, whether of knowledge or ignorance.
- Bertrand Russell