Head-to-head subforum request

Requests for head-to-head debate
otseng
Savant

Head-to-head subforum request

Post #1

Post by otseng »

If you would like to debate in a head-to-head debate, find an opponent and agree on a topic. Then both of you must post here with the topic title you two have agreed on and then send me a PM with the link to your request. You two should also agree beforehand the format of the debate. I'll then give you both membership to the usergroup. You are then free to create the topic and debate.

After the debate is over, PM me and I'll lock the thread and remove you from the usergroup.
Last edited by otseng on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wolfbitn
Banned
Banned

Post #71

Post by Wolfbitn »

DanieltheDragon wrote: [Replying to post 69 by Wolfbitn]

I would like to debate a second topic if you are willing when these debates are done.
Daniel you got it... Im assuming the superior translations of Genesis?

Wolfbitn
Banned
Banned

Post #72

Post by Wolfbitn »

[Replying to post 64 by Divine Insight]

So we are agreed then to 22 posts each as well and this includes 2 closing arguments... deal

Wolfbitn
Banned
Banned

Post #73

Post by Wolfbitn »

[Replying to post 72 by Wolfbitn]

Moderators.. we are now open for 2 moderators... 1 Christian and 1 non Christian would be fair

Thank you very much

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #74

Post by DanieltheDragon »

[Replying to post 71 by Wolfbitn]

New topic altogether have at this first debate then we can discuss a new topic.

Wolfbitn
Banned
Banned

Post #75

Post by Wolfbitn »

[Replying to post 74 by DanieltheDragon]

You got it Daniel, youre alright by me, i look forward to a good debate whatever the subject.

As for Divine, do you accept the 20+2 posts each and do you have access to the head to head forum yet? Thats your sticking point, and you cant fairly discuss either one in itself in 10 posts... nor could I in depth

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #76

Post by Divine Insight »

[Replying to post 64 by Divine Insight]

Just for the sake of clarity I have agreed in Post 64 of this request thread to debate with Wolfbitn on the topic of his proposed scientific theory of Genesis 1.

I am awaiting access to the Head-to-Head debate forum.

We also seem to be awaiting Moderators who will volunteer to moderate the debate.

Wolbitn has requested two mods one Christian and one Atheist.

I personally don't see this debate as being a debate over Christianity verses Atheism.

I'm open to any mods who are willing to moderate the debate. I think McCulloch would be a good moderator for this debate since he has already responded to Wolfbitn's issues in another thread and so already has an idea of what is being claimed.

But I will accept any moderator(s). I really don't have a preference on that.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Wolfbitn
Banned
Banned

Post #77

Post by Wolfbitn »

[Replying to post 76 by Divine Insight]
nope sorry... you only want ten posts each in post 64 ... 20 plus 2 dude thats it... youre not going to get out of this that easy lol
Last edited by Wolfbitn on Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wolfbitn
Banned
Banned

Post #78

Post by Wolfbitn »

[Replying to post 77 by Wolfbitn]

Divine be serious or dont pretend to be negotiating. I wanted last man standing... you wanted 10... i said 20 + 2 closing arguments EACH... take it or leave it, but if this is going to be a real debate you are going to address real issues and you cant discuss the big bang in ten posts to any significant degree, let alone Genesis 1...

So what are you going to do... turn down the debate?

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #79

Post by Divine Insight »

Wolfbitn wrote: [Replying to post 77 by Wolfbitn]

Divine be serious or dont pretend to be negotiating. I wanted last man standing... you wanted 10... i said 20 + 2 closing arguments EACH... take it or leave it, but if this is going to be a real debate you are going to address real issues and you cant discuss the big bang in ten posts to any significant degree, let alone Genesis 1...

So what are you going to do... turn down the debate?
I don't foresee any need to be discussing the Big Bang. I can't imagine the debate getting that far along.

This is why I have demanded a short debate post count.

Here's what I offer:

A 24 post debate. This amounts to 12 posts each. You'll have basically 10 debate posts to make your case.

I'll keep track of the post count in this table posted at the bottom of my posts.
[mrow]Post Counter[mcol]Allotted[mcol]Current [row]Wolfbit'n Opening[col]1[col] [row]D. I. Opening[col]1[col] [row]Wolfbit'n Debate[col]10[col] [row]D. I. Debate[col]10[col] [row]Wolfbit'n Closing[col]1[col] [row]D. I. Closing[col]1[col]
I also offer the following:

We can continue the debate after these first 10 posts to do another set of 10 posts. If any only If we are BOTH in agreement to move forward at that time.

You'll have an opportunity to expand upon the debate at the end of this 10 post series. If I feel that you have made sufficient progress I'll offer you another set of 10 more posts.

I can't imagine needing that, but if you can make a case in 10 posts we can move forward.

If, IMHO, you have not made a case in 10 posts, why should I waste anymore time on you?

I'll be more than happy to turn it over for voting by the observers at that point.

I'm sorry if this is disappointing for you, but I have serious doubts that you will have made any progress in those first 10 posts.

If you do, I'll grant you a second set of 10 posts, and we can move forward.

I just can't imagine the need for that right now.

I'm not about to enter into a debate with you that goes on to "Last Man Standing".

What in the world would that even mean? :roll:

In fact, that's precisely that kind of utter foolishness that I am making sure to avoid here with this limited post count.

Take it or leave it.

I don't think anyone will take you on to "Last Man Standing".

What would that even mean? Someone would need to simply give up because of exhaustion, and that certainly wouldn't mean that the other guy won. :roll:

So you aren't even being reasonable at all. And I'm not the least bit surprised by that.

Take it or leave it. 10 posts each, with the possible option of moving forward if we BOTH agree to continue with the debate in 10 post increments.

Here's your chance!
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Wolfbitn
Banned
Banned

Post #80

Post by Wolfbitn »

Split the difference

15 posts EACH... under the rules I originally posted, 2 closing arguments EACH , each one taking proper turn in responding. Now new information can be entered into closing arguments aside from references and quotes to further back a topic that was previously addressed directly.

Take the deal so we can move on... you wont be able to address this with ANY fewer, and I intend that we do BOTH theories justice.

We get 2 mod volunteers
"I never said it would be easy Neo, I just said it would be the truth."
Morpheous