Name it and Claim it

Where Christians can get together and discuss

Moderator: Moderators

Squall
Student

Name it and Claim it

Post #1

Post by Squall »

TV televangelist such as Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland, Judith Myers and many others are propragating this Name it and claim it philosophy also know as the Prosperity Gospel. Basically they teach that God want's all Christians to be wealthy and healthy all the time. And if your not claiming your God given wealth and health then your doing what God wants you to do and if you do and don't get it then you just don't have enough faith. Does anyone here adhere to these teachings? If so how do you Biblically back it up?

keltzkroz
Apprentice

Post #2

Post by keltzkroz »

Hi! Personally, I think that just because I'm not getting what I want does not mean that God is not giving me what I need. I always think about Job in the Bible, when his faith was being tested. I'm quite sure that during the time that he was being tested, he wanted reprieve. Yet for a time, the test continued, but he never lost faith. That is why I think that just because we are not getting what we want does not mean we do not have enough faith.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by McCulloch »

Apology to everyone. I was in the "view posts since last visit" function and did not realize which forum this was in. I should not have posted here.
Last edited by McCulloch on Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

otseng
Savant

Post #4

Post by otseng »

McCulloch wrote:Check out the biblical teachings cited in the Politics and Religion forum: Chrisianity and Wealth.
I'm sure it's just an oversight, but only people who are Christians are suppossed to post in the HHR chat. Though moderators have the ability to post in all subforums, it should only be restricted to moderating purposes here. Thanks.