Misconceptions about Islam:

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

HaLi8993
Guru

Misconceptions about Islam:

Post #1

Post by HaLi8993 »

There are many misconceptions that exist within the field of Islam one being the topic of women. Unfortunately due to ignorance and lack of knowledge of some people and the ever growing propaganda and Islamaphobia that exist today, including the ever growing media agenda’s that govern the way people think and act, women are deemed as being unequal to men in Islam.

We are all aware that women and men are not alike so I don’t understand when someone makes the statement that Islam should practice equality, what do you mean by equality??? This word – equality – which many thinkers in both the east and the west advocate in various fields of life is a word which is based on deviation and a lack of understanding, especially when it is attributed to the religion to Islam. One of the things that people misunderstand is when they say that “Islam is the religion of equality�. What they should say is that Islam is the religion of justice.

Here we should note that there are some people who speak of equality instead of justice, and this is a mistake. We should not say equality, because equality implies no differentiation between the two. Because of this unjust call for equality, people start to ask, what is the difference between male and female?’ So they made males and females the same. We are all aware that the Male is not like the female.

God says in the Quran:

“And the male is not like the female�[Quran Aal ‘Imraan 3:36] The male is different from the female in many ways, in his strength, in his body, in his toughness and roughness, whereas women are soft and gentle. Women are like men in some aspects and they differ from them in others. Most of the rulings of Islam apply to men and women equally.

In cases where a distinction is made between the sexes, the Muslim regards that as a mercy from God and a sign of His knowledge of His creation, but the arrogant people see it as oppression and injustice, so he stubbornly insists on claiming that men and women are the same. So let him tell us how a man can carry a foetus and breastfeed it? He stubbornly ignores the weakness of women and how they bleed during their monthly period, and he stubbornly refuses to accept reality.

But the Muslim is still at peace with his faith, surrendering to the command of God. “Should not He who has created know? And He is the Most Kind and Courteous (to His slaves), All Aware (of everything)� [Quran al-Mulk 67:14 ]

HaLi8993
Guru

Post #801

Post by HaLi8993 »

@ Burninglight

QUOTE: "You are the one who brought up what people did in Biblical times regarding justifying Muhammad's marriage to Aisha. That is what has to do with it"

ANSWER: Am I the one that brought up the Marriage of Aisha?? Lol. 

QUOTE: ""Mother of God?" What are you looking at? I don't trust those Catholic sources anymore than I do the Quran or Islamic sources. God has no mother that is a stupid thought. That website takes into consideration books that have been rejected by the congregation of churches as a whole. Catholicism has almost as much a mixture of paganism in it as does Islam. Just quote from the Bible if you want to get anywhere with me. Not a JW's Bible and not a Catholic Bible or a Mormon Bible etc. You are really grasping at straws. I didn't say Muhammad is a pervert for having sex with a child. I just said he doesn't make a good universal prophet model for the world because of it. Most of the world frowns on anything that hints on pedophilia. Now I don't believe Muhammad was a pedophile if that is any consolation to you, but it makes him a poor role model. And looking at the way people lived in Biblical times is no excuse. Things were different back then just as they were different after Christ's birth"

ANSWER: lol, Calm down Burninglight. I understand you must be very frustrated when someone insults what you believe in especially when they are not true (hint hint), but really how do we know this wasn't removed from the bible??, according to your scriptures how old was Joseph? Is there any mention of this?  is there anything that goes against these claims in the Gospels?? So do you decide who is a good role model or God? Religion doesn't change with time it's one message for all time. That's like saying God is not aware of the future, hence is limited in His. Knowledge.

Burninglight
Guru

Post #802

Post by Burninglight »

HaLi8993 wrote: @ Burninglight

QUOTE: "You are the one who brought up what people did in Biblical times regarding justifying Muhammad's marriage to Aisha. That is what has to do with it"

ANSWER: Am I the one that brought up the Marriage of Aisha?? Lol. 

QUOTE: ""Mother of God?" What are you looking at? I don't trust those Catholic sources anymore than I do the Quran or Islamic sources. God has no mother that is a stupid thought. That website takes into consideration books that have been rejected by the congregation of churches as a whole. Catholicism has almost as much a mixture of paganism in it as does Islam. Just quote from the Bible if you want to get anywhere with me. Not a JW's Bible and not a Catholic Bible or a Mormon Bible etc. You are really grasping at straws. I didn't say Muhammad is a pervert for having sex with a child. I just said he doesn't make a good universal prophet model for the world because of it. Most of the world frowns on anything that hints on pedophilia. Now I don't believe Muhammad was a pedophile if that is any consolation to you, but it makes him a poor role model. And looking at the way people lived in Biblical times is no excuse. Things were different back then just as they were different after Christ's birth"

ANSWER: lol, Calm down Burninglight. I understand you must be very frustrated when someone insults what you believe in especially when they are not true (hint hint), but really how do we know this wasn't removed from the bible??, according to your scriptures how old was Joseph? Is there any mention of this?  is there anything that goes against these claims in the Gospels?? So do you decide who is a good role model or God? Religion doesn't change with time it's one message for all time. That's like saying God is not aware of the future, hence is limited in His. Knowledge.
But I don't believe Mary is the mother of God. What are you talking about? You're not making sense. I don't really care about how old Joesph was. The Bible states the spiritual man judges all things; yet, he is judged of no man. I, therefore, get to say that Muhammad was and is not a good prophet role model as I even have this authority from the Quran 10:94!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HaLi8993
Guru

Post #803

Post by HaLi8993 »

@ Burninglight

QUOTE: "But I don't believe Mary is the mother of God. What are you talking about? You're not making sense. I don't really care about how old Joesph was. The Bible states the spiritual man judges all things; yet, he is judged of no man. I, therefore, get to say that Muhammad was and is not a good prophet role model as I even have this authority from the Quran 10:94!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

ANSWER: We are not discussing if Mary is the Mother of God lol, If you don't care how old Joseph was then what concern do you have in regards to how old Muhammad (peace be upon him) was? What is the spiritual man?? God judges all things.   

Verse 10:94 is proof that the previous books attest to the truth of the Quran.  

Allah said:

"Those who follow the Messenger, the Prophet who can neither read nor write whom they find written of with them in the Tawrah and the Injil" (7:157) They are as certain of this as they are about who their children are, yet they hide it and distort it. They did not believe in it despite its clear evidence. 

Burninglight
Guru

Post #804

Post by Burninglight »

QUOTE: "But I don't believe Mary is the mother of God. What are you talking about? You're not making sense. I don't really care about how old Joesph was. The Bible states the spiritual man judges all things; yet, he is judged of no man. I, therefore, get to say that Muhammad was and is not a good prophet role model as I even have this authority from the Quran 10:94!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

ANSWER: We are not discussing if Mary is the Mother of God lol, If you don't care how old Joseph was then what concern do you have in regards to how old Muhammad (peace be upon him) was? What is the spiritual man?? God judges all things.   

Verse 10:94 is proof that the previous books attest to the truth of the Quran.  

Allah said:

"Those who follow the Messenger, the Prophet who can neither read nor write whom they find written of with them in the Tawrah and the Injil" (7:157) They are as certain of this as they are about who their children are, yet they hide it and distort it. They did not believe in it despite its clear evidence. 
Mary was Joseph's only wife. Muhammad had many. For all we know, he could've have had a lust problem. The point is the spot light is on him for taking a child bride and having sex with her; besides, Joseph wasn't documented as being a prophet leading people into a false religion and Muhammad is believed by Muslims to be a prophet. Mary was way older than Aisha at her marriage and Joseph didn't have sex with her while she was pregnant with Jesus. You are desperately grasping at straws. WADR, you have been pawned on this discussion; so lets move on to the next topic. At least recognize you cannot gainsay this.

HaLi8993
Guru

Post #805

Post by HaLi8993 »

@ Burninglight

QUOTE: "Mary was Joseph's only wife. Muhammad had many. For all we know, he could've have had a lust problem. The point is the spot light is on him for taking a child bride and having sex with her; besides, Joseph wasn't documented as being a prophet leading people into a false religion and Muhammad is believed by Muslims to be a prophet. Mary was way older than Aisha at her marriage and Joseph didn't have sex with her while she was pregnant with Jesus. You are desperately grasping at straws. WADR, you have been pawned on this discussion; so lets move on to the next topic. At least recognize you cannot gainsay this"

ANSWER: So then this would mean that you would have a problem with King Solomon which had 700 wives and 300 concubines (In 1 Kings 11:3) and the bible that doesn't have any restrictions on how many wives one can marry. 

Critics will always criticize without understanding the reason behind the Marriages of the Prophet (peace be upon him), they fail to see the amount of good, that came out of these marriages.These marriages of the Prophet (peace be upon him) were governed mainly by the feelings of compassion for the widows of his faithful followers, who had nothing to fall back upon after the loss of their loving and caring husbands. Other marriages were contracted for the purpose of reconciliation.

These women were the best of examples not only for the women but the whole society. Furthermore the Prophet (peace be upon him) had an upright character which he was called Al-Amin (the trustworthy), a title which signified the highest standard of moral life. It is not a problem for a Muslim who understands the ideal character of the Prophet (peace be upon him) and the circumstances under which his marriages were contracted but the problem lies in those that don't know anything concerning these issues. 

For example if we take a look at Muhammad's first marriage where by before this he had not touched a woman until he was 25 years of age when he married for the first time. We can see how his first marriage to Khadija was initiated by her and accepted by the Prophet (peace be upon him) in spite of her age and marital status. Khadija  was twice widowed and 15 years his senior. At this age he could have easily found a beautiful wife of a younger age. He lived with Khadijah as her husband until he was over 50 years of age, and by her he had all his children with the exception of Ibrahim. She remained his wife until her death when she was over 65 years, and throughout her marriage the Prophet (peace be upon him) never took another wife or had any other intimate relationship. Now does this sound like a lustful man to you?? Certainly Not!

Aisha was not a child when she consummated the marriage. Before the advent of Islam, it had been the habit of men to marry an unlimited number of women. The old testament states that David had 100 wives. 

hERICtic
Apprentice

Re: both lines are correct

Post #806

Post by hERICtic »

BurningLight wrote:
Get yourself a book called "The Big Book of Bible Difficulties." Matthew gives Jesus' paternal genealogy, and Luke his maternal genealogy. First of all, both lines trace Christ to David, each through a different son of David. Matthew traces Christ through Joseph (his legal father) to David's son Solomon by whom Christ rightfully inherited the throne of David. Luke's purposes show Christ as an actual human. So he traces Christ to David's son Natham through His actual mother, Mary through whom He can rightfully claim to be fully human. IOW< Christ is true God from true God and true man from true man! There is no problem here; it is perfect even as God is perfect! Read the book; It goes into much more detail than this.
Apologetic nonsense. Most "solutions" lack any evidence, ignore the counter evidence and are so absurd they border on lunacy. Its basically sheer dishonesty just to keep the Bible inerrant. NEITHER says Mary. BOTH state Joseph. Joseph was not his biological father which is necessary for the lineage line.There isnt any bloodline through Joseph at all. Lineage must also go through Solomon, not Nathan. There are so many other reasons why the lineages fail, but this should suffince. The mere fact Luke states its Joseph and apologists change it to Mary should show you instanly how dishonest the apologetic sites are.

A Troubled Man
Guru

Post #807

Post by A Troubled Man »

HaLi8993 wrote:  Critics will always criticize without understanding the reason behind the Marriages of the Prophet (peace be upon him), they fail to see the amount of good, that came out of these marriages.These marriages of the Prophet (peace be upon him) were governed mainly by the feelings of compassion for the widows of his faithful followers, who had nothing to fall back upon after the loss of their loving and caring husbands. Other marriages were contracted for the purpose of reconciliation.
Marriage is primarily a legal matter, amongst others, and it can easily be justified in that regard to support the misogynist mindset of polygamy. However, some people actually get married because they love one another.
Furthermore the Prophet (peace be upon him) had an upright character which he was called Al-Amin (the trustworthy), a title which signified the highest standard of moral life. 
Muhammad was clearly an opportunist. He saw himself as the next Abraham/Moses/Christ when Mecca's merchants were getting rich off polytheists while the rest of the people suffered abject poverty.
She remained his wife until her death when she was over 65 years, and throughout her marriage the Prophet (peace be upon him) never took another wife or had any other intimate relationship. Now does this sound like a lustful man to you?? Certainly Not!
It's literally impossible to know whether or not Muhammad slept with other women, he probably did considering a man in his position.

Burninglight
Guru

Post #808

Post by Burninglight »

QUOTE: "Mary was Joseph's only wife. Muhammad had many. For all we know, he could've have had a lust problem. The point is the spot light is on him for taking a child bride and having sex with her; besides, Joseph wasn't documented as being a prophet leading people into a false religion and Muhammad is believed by Muslims to be a prophet. Mary was way older than Aisha at her marriage and Joseph didn't have sex with her while she was pregnant with Jesus. You are desperately grasping at straws. WADR, you have been pawned on this discussion; so lets move on to the next topic. At least recognize you cannot gainsay this"

ANSWER: So then this would mean that you would have a problem with King Solomon which had 700 wives and 300 concubines (In 1 Kings 11:3) and the bible that doesn't have any restrictions on how many wives one can marry. 

Critics will always criticize without understanding the reason behind the Marriages of the Prophet (peace be upon him), they fail to see the amount of good, that came out of these marriages.These marriages of the Prophet (peace be upon him) were governed mainly by the feelings of compassion for the widows of his faithful followers, who had nothing to fall back upon after the loss of their loving and caring husbands. Other marriages were contracted for the purpose of reconciliation.

These women were the best of examples not only for the women but the whole society. Furthermore the Prophet (peace be upon him) had an upright character which he was called Al-Amin (the trustworthy), a title which signified the highest standard of moral life. It is not a problem for a Muslim who understands the ideal character of the Prophet (peace be upon him) and the circumstances under which his marriages were contracted but the problem lies in those that don't know anything concerning these issues. 

For example if we take a look at Muhammad's first marriage where by before this he had not touched a woman until he was 25 years of age when he married for the first time. We can see how his first marriage to Khadija was initiated by her and accepted by the Prophet (peace be upon him) in spite of her age and marital status. Khadija  was twice widowed and 15 years his senior. At this age he could have easily found a beautiful wife of a younger age. He lived with Khadijah as her husband until he was over 50 years of age, and by her he had all his children with the exception of Ibrahim. She remained his wife until her death when she was over 65 years, and throughout her marriage the Prophet (peace be upon him) never took another wife or had any other intimate relationship. Now does this sound like a lustful man to you?? Certainly Not!

Aisha was not a child when she consummated the marriage. Before the advent of Islam, it had been the habit of men to marry an unlimited number of women. The old testament states that David had 100 wives. 
I don't have a problem with Solomon having all those wives; I am almost envious LOL :lol:. One of the many reasons Muhammad is not a good prophet role model is because of his marriage example. Why did he marry her at 6 yo if he was going to to wait until she was an adult to have sexual intercourse with her? The hadith that you admire so much says she was a child still playing with dolls when he a full grown 55 yo man came into her. It just doesn't sit right with me.

Answer me this: Would you give your six year old child to a respectable 55 year old man for a wife? Once the door is closed you have no idea what he will do with her. Your baby daughter is no longer under your authority she is at his sexual discretion.

HaLi8993
Guru

Post #809

Post by HaLi8993 »

@ A Troubled Man

QUOTE: "Marriage is primarily a legal matter, amongst others, and it can easily be justified in that regard to support the misogynist mindset of polygamy. However, some people actually get married because they love one another"

ANSWER: So are you saying that people who practice polygamy dislike women?? Lol. Muhammad (peace be upon him) loved his wives dearly.

QUOTE: "Muhammad was clearly an opportunist. He saw himself as the next Abraham/Moses/Christ when Mecca's merchants were getting rich off polytheists while the rest of the people suffered abject poverty"

ANSWER: Do you care to explain how?? or are we back to accusations without any supportive evidence, you don't know much about Muhammad (peace be upon him) at all according to your posts, because if you had you would know that Muhammad (peace be upon him) had nothing when you died he gave everything he had in charity. Muhammad (peace be upon him) suffered extreme poverty, sometimes fasting cause there was no food to eat for the day. I suggest you look into his life first, yeah

QUOTE: "It's literally impossible to know whether or not Muhammad slept with other women, he probably did considering a man in his position"

ANSWER: No it's not impossible at all, considering that God confirms his first wife to Khadija. What position? Lol, he was given Prophethood when already married to Khadija so what position did he have prior to this??

HaLi8993
Guru

Post #810

Post by HaLi8993 »

@ Burninglight

QUOTE: "I don't have a problem with Solomon having all those wives; I am almost envious LOL  . One of the many reasons Muhammad is not a good prophet role model is because of his marriage example. Why did he marry her at 6 yo if he was going to to wait until she was an adult to have sexual intercourse with her? The hadith that you admire so much says she was a child still playing with dolls when he a full grown 55 yo man came into her. It just doesn't sit right with me"

ANSWER: Because it is a sin to go against the laws of God, which state that one cannot have sexual relations with a female that has not yet reached the age of puberty, making her a women and able for intercourse. This doesn't mean anything to me, as I still know adults that play with dolls lol.

QUOTE: "Answer me this: Would you give your six year old child to a respectable 55 year old man for a wife? Once the door is closed you have no idea what he will do with her. Your baby daughter is no longer under your authority she is at his sexual discretion"

ANSWER: If it was a command from God All-Mighty indeed I would. If the man was a Prophet (peace be upon him) of God again I would. You are taking the situation out of context Burninglight, what guarantee do you have that nothing in happening to your little girl when she leaves the home to go to school, who knows what goes on behind closed doors to little girls. Next thing you know she comes home at the age of 15 or 16 and tells you she is pregnant. No women is under your authority anymore once she is married and has moved in with her husband Lol. They are free to do as they wish according to laws set by God.