Welcome!

Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

His Name Is John
Site Supporter

Welcome!

Post #1

Post by His Name Is John »

It seems to me, that new members rarely post a introduction thread anymore. As such I am making this thread as a way that new members can say hi, and get to know a couple of people on the forums.

So to all the new members:

First of all, hello! :wave:

Second, why don't you tell us a little bit about yourself?
“People generally quarrel because they cannot argue.�
- G.K. Chesterton

“A detective story generally describes six living men discussing how it is that a man is dead. A modern philosophic story generally describes six dead men discussing how any man can possibly be alive.�
- G.K. Chesterton

Goat
Site Supporter

Re: Hi!

Post #21

Post by Goat »

StephanM wrote: Hi everyone! I just registered because I found the discussion here to me much more useful than any other site I've seen in my searches for information. A short bit about myself: I was raised a serious Christian, played keyboard/organ/keytar (that's right), at pretty much every church I attended for about 7 years, and left the Air Force to move to Sin City to help start up a church. Vegas was a nice place for evangelism because of all of the foot traffic, and while I was there, I got many questions from people. I never came across anything I couldn't explain, but I wanted to be better prepared, so I gave a thorough, honest look at the evidence for/against Christianity. In my research, it just didn't add up, and of all the world views that had any evidence, Judaism seemed the strongest. A year later, I moved to the DC area, and 2 years after that, with the help of many kind Rabbis and friends, my wife and I finished conversion with the Orthodox Jewish court. I'm always looking and learning, keeping track of every side of every disagreement that I can find, and trying to keep an open mind. I hope to find many sides of many disagreements here well represented!

Welcome, we have several converts to Judiasm here.. I am brought up Jewish, but consider myself a 'secular Jew) (Judaism is the religion I decided not to practice.. .. but that is the one I would practice if I ever to practice a religion)
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

StephanM
Student

Post #22

Post by StephanM »

Thanks, Goat :) I suppose it would be good to open a thread with my rationale for choosing Judaism at some point.
DISCLAIMER: By showing Christianity to be false, I only intend to clarify the truth of Judaism. If you're questioning, see Rabbi Dr. Gottlieb and Noahidism for a good start

Intojoy
Apprentice

Re: Welcome!

Post #23

Post by Intojoy »

Aloha,
I'm Michael, born again husband, father, businessman.
My spiritual gifts are mercy, knowledge and evangelism.
Living in Honolulu.

otseng
Savant

Post #24

Post by otseng »

Intojoy wrote: Aloha,
Living in Honolulu.
Welcome to the forum! Hawaii is probably my favorite place to visit. Hope to visit again next year.

Moses Yoder
Guru

Post #25

Post by Moses Yoder »

Living in Honolulu.
Welcome to the forum, hope to hear plenty from you.

As a side note, I wouldn't tell people what your spiritual gifts are. I would let them decide for themselves. For instance, I will now be able to see in your first debate whether you are full of mercy, knowledge, and evangelism. If not, I will dismiss you as a side show.

P.S.2; good luck with the evangelism around here.
Matthew 16:26
New King James Version (NKJV)
26 For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?

Intojoy
Apprentice

Post #26

Post by Intojoy »

Moses Yoder wrote:
Living in Honolulu.
Welcome to the forum, hope to hear plenty from you.

As a side note, I wouldn't tell people what your spiritual gifts are. I would let them decide for themselves. For instance, I will now be able to see in your first debate whether you are full of mercy, knowledge, and evangelism. If not, I will dismiss you as a side show.

P.S.2; good luck with the evangelism around here.
Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be still wiser; Teach a just man, and he will increase in learning. (Proverbs 9:8, 9 NKJV)

Shaloha

S.T. Ranger
Sage

Post #27

Post by S.T. Ranger »

His Name Is John wrote: It seems to me, that new members rarely post a introduction thread anymore. As such I am making this thread as a way that new members can say hi, and get to know a couple of people on the forums.

Hello to all here, looking for a new forum to get to know some people, discuss and debate doctrine, and in general simply do what I love to do...talk about God and salvation. Look forward to meeting you guys and getting to know the forum.

God bless.

Armed Citizen
Site Supporter

Post #28

Post by Armed Citizen »

S.T. Ranger wrote:
His Name Is John wrote: It seems to me, that new members rarely post a introduction thread anymore. As such I am making this thread as a way that new members can say hi, and get to know a couple of people on the forums.

Hello to all here, looking for a new forum to get to know some people, discuss and debate doctrine, and in general simply do what I love to do...talk about God and salvation. Look forward to meeting you guys and getting to know the forum.

God bless.
Welcome and have urslef some fun my friend!
:2gun: :usa: Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.
- George Washington :2gun: :usa:

Armed Citizen
Site Supporter

Post #29

Post by Armed Citizen »

S.T. Ranger wrote:

God bless.

Welcome and have ur self some fun round here. Be all civil like an bring ur A game.

:2gun:
:2gun: :usa: Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.
- George Washington :2gun: :usa:

S.T. Ranger
Sage

Post #30

Post by S.T. Ranger »

Armed Citizen wrote:
S.T. Ranger wrote:

God bless.

Welcome and have ur self some fun round here. Be all civil like an bring ur A game.

:2gun:
Thanks for the welcome, Armed Citizen. I take from your name you are a gun enthusiast, so here is something you may or may not have heard before:

"If guns kill people, does that mean that pencils misspell words?"

Saw this as a tag once and it is still one of the funniest, yet pointed questions I have run across.

And I look forward to some good discussion, though I will be away for about the next week.

Again, thanks for the welcome, hope you like the question.

God bless.