What Would Jesus Do?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

myth-one.com
Savant

What Would Jesus Do?

Post #1

Post by myth-one.com »

Today is June 20th 2012, the eleventh anniversary of the murders of five innocent children. Had they lived, Noah would be 18 years of age, John would be 16, Paul 14, Luke 13, and Mary 11. Instead, the Yates children, having died in their innocent or sinless years, are presently and eternally with God in heaven -- thus avoiding the possibility of eternal torment in hellfire had they lived past their innocent years.

This "Christian" theology was used by Andrea Yates to justify the murder of her children. Andrea told psychiatrist Philip Resnick she was failing as a mother and believed she had to kill the children to keep them from going to hell. "These were their innocent years. God would take them up." She is not alone in acting on this false theology -- others have used this method of certain salvation for their children in the past.

Christian pastors rushed to their pulpits proclaiming that the deceased children are indeed in Heaven -- thus affirming that the theology is true and correct.
In the year [color=red]2007[/color], [url=http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=143549#143549]myth-one.com[/url] wrote:Question: Will any Christian ever be concerned that "Christian" theology can be used to justify the murder of innocent children?
To date the answer to the above question has been an overwhelmingly silent "No!"

So let's soften the question somewhat and see if any Christian can answer "Yes" or "No" to the following questions:

Question one: Should Christianity be content with the fact that it's theology is used to justify the murders of innocent children?

Question two: If Christian theology can be used to justify the murder of innocent children -- can that theology be correct?

Would God create such a system?

What Would Jesus Do?

Elijah John
Savant

Re: What Would Jesus Do?

Post #41

Post by Elijah John »

myth-one.com wrote:
OK, so a few hundred murdered children a year is just the cost of doing the "Christianity" business?

Sad.

:( :( :( :( :( . . . . . . . . . . .
That is YOUR characterization of the Christian position, not mine, nor of any (non-deranged) Christian that I know of.

If you are going to make such a smear, tell me WHO in the Christian community ever said that, or ever even ENDORSED that disgusting point of view. besides the criminal crazies like Andrea Yates.

Either that, or please retract the statement.

You make it sound like Christianity ADVOCATES this sort of thing, or is at least indifferent to the slaughter of children, whereas every SANE Christian that I know of condemns it, without qualification!
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #42

Post by myth-one.com »

Elijah John wrote:
myth-one.com wrote:
OK, so a few hundred murdered children a year is just the cost of doing the "Christianity" business?

Sad.

That is YOUR characterization of the Christian position, not mine, nor of any (non-deranged) Christian that I know of.

If you are going to make such a smear, tell me WHO in the Christian community ever said that, or ever even ENDORSED that disgusting point of view. besides the criminal crazies like Andrea Yates.

You make it sound like Christianity ADVOCATES this sort of thing, or is at least indifferent to the slaughter of children, whereas every SANE Christian that I know of condemns it, without qualification!
Is it a good thing that the deceased Yates children are in Heaven eternally?

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #43

Post by myth-one.com »

Elijah John wrote:
myth-one.com wrote:OK, so a few hundred murdered children a year is just the cost of doing the "Christianity" business?

Sad.

In the weeks following the murders of the five Yates children, Newsweek Magazine reported that "About 200 children are killed by their mothers every year according to Justice statistics. Sometimes moms blame the devil. Or they think they are saving their children from a hellish life by sending them to heaven."

Andrea Yates, a Christian, told psychiatrist Philip Resnick she was failing as a mother and believed she had to kill the children to keep them from going to hell. "These were their innocent years. God would take them up."
In his book Peace with God Billy Graham wrote:The Bible teaches that you are an immortal soul. Your soul is eternal and will live forever. In other words, the real you -- the part of you that thinks, feels, dreams, aspires; the ego, the personality-- will never die. The Bible teaches that your soul will live forever in one of two places -- heaven or hell. If you are not a Christian and you have never been born again, then the Bible teaches that your soul goes immediately to a place Jesus called hades, where you will await the judgment of God. The moment a Christian dies, he goes immediately into the presence of Christ. There his soul awaits the resurrection, when the soul and body will be rejoined.
After the murders of the Yates Children, I emailed the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association asking where the five murdered children were. They responded that they did not know where the remains of the children were, then continued to state:

"What is more important, however, is where the souls of these children are. God, in His mercy and love, watches over little children who are taken by death, and they go to be with Him in heaven."

So all humans are born with immortal souls which will live eternally in heaven or hell.

And the souls of little children who are taken by death go to be with God in heaven.
=========================================================================

Now suppose Christians read this posting and understand that their theology is sometimes used as a reason for committing filicides.

Now suppose that they do nothing.

Be it known that similar murders have occurred since the Yates children. Here are a few:
  1. Antonio Lopez 9 July 19, 2005
  2. Erik Lopez, age 2, murdered on July 19, 2005
  3. Margaret Schlosser, age 10 months, murdered on Nov 23, 2004
  4. Joshua Keith Laney, age 8, murdered on May 10, 2003
  5. Luke Allen Laney, age 6, murdered on May 10, 2003
  6. Samantha Mae Martin, age 6, murdered on March 29, 2002
If Christians understand a problem which may be caused by their teachings, but do nothing, then why couldn't results possibly caused by their teachings be considered as simply a cost or consequence of doing the "Christian" business?

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #44

Post by myth-one.com »

Today is June 20th 2017, the sixteenth anniversary of the murders of five innocent children.

Had they lived, Noah would be 23 years of age, John would be 21, Paul 19, Luke 18, and Mary 16.

Instead, the Yates children, having died in their innocent or sinless years, are presently all warm and fuzzy with God eternally in heaven.

Thus avoiding the possibility of eternal torment in hellfire had they lived past their innocent years.

This biblically unsupported "Christian" theology was used by Andrea Yates to justify the murder of her children.

She stated that "These were their innocent years. God would take them up."

Christian pastors then stampeded to their pulpits affirming that the deceased children are indeed in Heaven.

Thus, defending the false theology used to justify the murder of innocent children!

So are they not dead -- but simply living in a better place?

They're dead to mankind. And they're death was due to murder. And Christian theology was used by the murderer to justify her crime.

It's sixteen years later and nothing has changed.

it's just an anniversary.

Someone needed to say something.

Might as well be stupid me.

There's no reason for anyone else to respond!!

See ya next year. :(

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #45

Post by JehovahsWitness »

myth-one.com wrote:
This biblically unsupported "Christian" theology was used by Andrea Yates to justify the murder of her children.

Very sad and sadder still that not all people are aware that such things are as you said "biblically unsupported" . Jesus taught his followers to love even their enemies how much more so innocent children.

I sincerely believe that one day soon such horrors will be things of the past and that Jesus wants his followers to educate people as to this happy eventuality.

JW

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/maga ... destroyed/
So Many Innocent Lives Destroyed!
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Savant

Post #46

Post by 1213 »

myth-one.com wrote:
...It's sixteen years later and nothing has changed.

it's just an anniversary.

Someone needed to say something.

Sad thing. And I think there is no Biblical reason to think that at some age person is surely innocent. I don’t think people can really know who are innocent. And in any case, murder is against what the Bible tells, always, so people should not murder.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #47

Post by myth-one.com »

1213 wrote:And in any case, murder is against what the Bible tells, always, so people should not murder.
Andrea Yates was taught that those who do not accept Jesus as their Savior will spend day and night eternally in the fires of hell.

That sounds familiar to me. It is what I was taught.

She did not want that as a possibility for her five children.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #48

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Today is June 20th 2012, the eleventh anniversary of the murders of five innocent children. Had they lived, Noah would be 18 years of age, John would be 16, Paul 14, Luke 13, and Mary 11. Instead, the Yates children, having died in their innocent or sinless years, are presently and eternally with God in heaven -- thus avoiding the possibility of eternal torment in hellfire had they lived past their innocent years.

This "Christian" theology was used by Andrea Yates to justify the murder of her children. Andrea told psychiatrist Philip Resnick she was failing as a mother and believed she had to kill the children to keep them from going to hell. "These were their innocent years. God would take them up." She is not alone in acting on this false theology -- others have used this method of certain salvation for their children in the past.

Christian pastors rushed to their pulpits proclaiming that the deceased children are indeed in Heaven -- thus affirming that the theology is true and correct.
In the year [color=red]2007[/color], [url=http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=143549#143549]myth-one.com[/url] wrote:Question: Will any Christian ever be concerned that "Christian" theology can be used to justify the murder of innocent children?
To date the answer to the above question has been an overwhelmingly silent "No!"

So let's soften the question somewhat and see if any Christian can answer "Yes" or "No" to the following questions:

Question one: Should Christianity be content with the fact that it's theology is used to justify the murders of innocent children?

Question two: If Christian theology can be used to justify the murder of innocent children -- can that theology be correct?

Would God create such a system?

What Would Jesus Do?
1) Absolutely not. That is crazy and the result of the thoughts of nefarious minds.

2) Absolutely not. God has nothing to do with that system of thought. The children were never given a chance to learn about God and decide for themselves what they wanted to believe. In spite of Yates' incorrigible acts, the children will be resurrected some day and given the chance to make their own informed decisions.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #49

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote:
myth-one.com wrote:Question one: Should Christianity be content with the fact that it's theology is used to justify the murders of innocent children??
Moses Yoder wrote:Christianity would never approve of someone who intentionally twisted theology to serve their own selfish purposes.
Where did she twist any theology?

She understood the false theology exactly as she was taught it. Clergy agreed strongly that she succeeded in sending her children to heaven. All know and believe the false theology that deceased innocent children immediately go to heaven for eternity upon their deaths.
myth-one.com wrote:Question two: If Christian theology can be used to justify the murder of innocent children -- can that theology be correct?
Moses Yoder wrote:. . . good theology should not necessarily be thrown out because someone has misused it for their own selfish gain.
This is not good theology!

But let's suppose that it is "good" as virtually all Christians claim.

Now let me rephrase question 2:

Question two: If good Christian theology can be used to justify the murder of innocent children -- can that theology be correct?

You seem to say "yes"?

If the theology is "good" -- then shouldn't acting on that theology also be "good?"

Should Christian parents not be concerned about the "eternal fate" of their children?
The clergy is INCORRECT when they say that children go immediately to heaven. When a child dies that child goes where everyone goes when they die---to their grave. God said that we would all "return to the dust." (Gen.3:19) That means we all lie in our graves until Jesus orchestrates the RESURRECTION. (John 5:28)

Jesus said that the people who would eventually go to heaven would be those that "stuck with him in his trials." (Luke 22:28) Adults (those 144,000 adults that will rule with Christ over the earth) go to heaven, not children. But children don't go to "hell" either....that is, a "hell" like what the clergy teaches. Little children are not deserving of any punishment. They simply stay in their graves as if they were sleeping. Jesus will call them out one day (what Jesus calls "the last day"). (John 6:44; John 11:11-14, 24)

Parents have the responsibility to train their children according to God's ways, as found in the Scriptures, and to be examples to their little ones. Andrea Yates was the exact opposite of what a Christian parent should be. So is the clergy the opposite of what teachers of God's Word should be.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #50

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote:
kayky wrote:Andrea Yates was mentally ill when she murdered her children, so whatever justification she gave is irrelevant.
Why would a mentally ill person have to justify anything?

What mental illness causes one to believe that deceased innocent children go to heaven and spend eternity there with God?

Christianity is the source of that belief. Do you dispute that fact?

Is Christianity a mental illness?

Or did the constant unnecessary worry about the salvation of her five children cause her mental illness?

In her case, which came first -- Christianity or mental illness?

Mrs. Yates informed psychiatrist, Dr. Park Dietz, that at the time of the killings she was praying that her four sons would go to heaven. Apparently she was not certain that all of the boys were still "in their innocent years." However, she had no concern about six-month old Mary, because "she was the most innocent of all of them."

Pathetically sad -- but Christian. :( :(
NO, not "Christian"! Not at all! None of that baloney about children going to heaven or hell is Christian. The self-described "Christian" clergy are teaching lies and will answer for it. They are part of "Babylon the Great," the world empire of false religion. Christendom makes up a good third of the world's religions, right? It is glaringly an institution that distorts the teachings of the Bible and has been responsible for even all the blood spilled on the earth (Revelation 17:5; 18:24), because of its erroneous teachings. We have to look elsewhere for true Christian teaching. There is a true Christian church that is not a part of Babylon the Great.