Who created God?

For the love of the pursuit of knowledge

Moderator: Moderators

Illyricum
Apprentice

Who created God?

Post #1

Post by Illyricum »

I seen this question many times so I decided to start thread on it. Some people have asked the question "If their is a God, who created him and how has he always existed?" Anyone?
So from Jerusalem all the way around to Illyricum, I have fully proclaimed the gospel of Christ.

Romans 15:19

otseng
Savant

Post #2

Post by otseng »

Where does a circle start? In the same way, the question is meaningless in regards to God. We consider God to be the ultimate and highest being, so there's nothing that created God. God simply exists.

emmy27sf
Student

Post #3

Post by emmy27sf »

i agree, no one created God, and people cant seem to figure it out but let me ask you this if you belive in evolution who created that cell? in the cell theory it states that things are created from cells, and that all cells come from existing cells, so obviously thats wrong and it is hard to overcome that obstacle but back on subject. we cant comprehend that God has always been and always will. we only use 12% of our brains and the smartest person only uses 14%, it wasnt always like that though, when the world was perfect and all Adam and Eve could fully comprehend but because of the Original Sin it def did alot of damage like not knowing

Illyricum
Apprentice

Post #4

Post by Illyricum »

You know, it's really hard to have a debate when everybody agrees one the same thing.
So from Jerusalem all the way around to Illyricum, I have fully proclaimed the gospel of Christ.

Rancid Uncle
Student

Post #5

Post by Rancid Uncle »

we only use 12% of our brains
That's just a myth, we use all of it. http://www.csicop.org/si/9903/ten-percent-myth.html
Obviously if you believe in God you think God has always and will always exist. This question does sort of negate the common pro-God argument that the universe needs a first mover to start everything. Then what caused God? This is just a waste of time, it just goes on forever. If something created God then what created that. To me it's like the laws of phyiscs, nobody created them, they just are.

Illyricum
Apprentice

Post #6

Post by Illyricum »

Rancid Uncle wrote:Then what caused God?
Why does anything have to have ever created or caused God? If he's God then he would have always existed. The reason for why nothing else could have always existed is because nothing else is God.
To me it's like the laws of phyiscs, nobody created them, they just are.
Personally, I believe God created them.

cattious
Student

Post #7

Post by cattious »

emmy27sf wrote:i agree, no one created God, and people cant seem to figure it out but let me ask you this if you belive in evolution who created that cell? in the cell theory it states that things are created from cells, and that all cells come from existing cells, so obviously thats wrong and it is hard to overcome that obstacle but back on subject. we cant comprehend that God has always been and always will. we only use 12% of our brains and the smartest person only uses 14%, it wasnt always like that though, when the world was perfect and all Adam and Eve could fully comprehend but because of the Original Sin it def did alot of damage like not knowing
Atoms make up proteins; proteins make up dna; dna makes up cells.

And Man created god.

If God has always existed, then why can't it be possible that the universe always existed? That the big bang just happened? Et cetera? Everything has to have a beginning; if it didn't have a beginning, it has always been. and that just doesn't make sense.
What God Wants, God Gets God Help Us All...

Illyricum
Apprentice

Post #8

Post by Illyricum »

cattious wrote:If God has always existed, then why can't it be possible that the universe always existed?
If the universe has always existed, then why can't it be possible that God has always existed?
Everything has to have a beginning; if it didn't have a beginning, it has always been. and that just doesn't make sense.
Right, so if the universe has to have had a beginning, correct? But God has always existed because he's not a thing, he's God. I mean, the way I see it, doesn't it make more sense for a deity to have always existed then for the universe to?

otseng
Savant

Post #9

Post by otseng »

cattious wrote: If God has always existed, then why can't it be possible that the universe always existed?
If the universe has always existed, then we'd have already experienced the heat death.
Everything has to have a beginning; if it didn't have a beginning, it has always been. and that just doesn't make sense.
Everything that exists in time must have a beginning. Since God exists outside of time, it has no "beginning".

Corvus
Guru

Post #10

Post by Corvus »

otseng wrote:
cattious wrote: If God has always existed, then why can't it be possible that the universe always existed?
If the universe has always existed, then we'd have already experienced the heat death.
But perhaps we've already experienced multiple "big crunches". Remember when Abs posted a few different theories on the possibility of an infinite universe? One was based on multiple universes and another postulated that the state of our current universe, the big bang and the big crunch are all stages of an endless cycle.
Everything that exists in time must have a beginning. Since God exists outside of time, it has no "beginning".
I don't understand time enough to really make a judgement here. Does time exists because things are in motion? Would time exist in a vacuum? I'll have to research a little before I debate.
Last edited by Corvus on Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<i>'Beauty is truth, truth beauty,—that is all
Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.'</i>
-John Keats, Ode on a Grecian Urn.