Any supporters of the Ancient Astronaut theory on this forum

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

Nickman
Site Supporter

Any supporters of the Ancient Astronaut theory on this forum

Post #1

Post by Nickman »

I am curious if there are any Ancient Astronaut Theorists on this forum. I haven't seen any posts or threads, but I may have not searched far enough. I am intrigued by the theory mainly because of the Sumerians beliefs and the things they claim to have seen. Stories of Shems (rockets) and other flying machines (DIN.GIR). I consider this theory more plausible than the Abrahamic traditions and I see a retelling of the Sumerians stories in several books of the bible. I would definitely like to entertain this idea for a bit and see everyone's thoughts on this subject.

Some questions;

How do we explain the Sumerian's knowledge of planets outside of our view and that were not discovered until this past century?

The creation of the asteroid belt (Hammered Bracelet or Firmament from the bible) was said to be the result of our planet and some satellite planets colliding causing the water and rock from our planet to break away, freeze and pursue a new orbit. What comments do you have on this thoroughly explained and highly plausible scenario written 8 thousand years ago?

How do we explain the claims of rocketships and other spacecraft that resemble our modern equipment we use today by a supposedly primitive people?

Does anyone have any other awesome claims from them to add to the conversation?

Ankhhape
Scholar

Re: Any supporters of the Ancient Astronaut theory on this f

Post #11

Post by Ankhhape »

AkiThePirate wrote:
[color=orange]Ankhhape[/color] wrote:AkiThePirate, Sumerian mythology is thousands of years before anyone every even set foot on Greece :whistle:
I'm not sure if this is some level of humour I don't get, but this is lost on me.
Apparently an understanding of history is also lost on you. Sumer dates back to 3500 BC whereas ancient Greece dates back to 1100 BC

http://www.timelines.info/history/empir ... lisations/

JohnPaul
Banned
Banned

Post #12

Post by JohnPaul »

Nickman wrote:
I am using Zechariah Sitchin as the source who is the founder of this theory. I know he is not peer-approved but I am stating his thoughts and exegesis on the Sumerian texts. Such theories he has put into the community are the Twelfth Planet with a large eliptical orbit. This planet has not been found but mathematically it should be there. Thats how we found the gas giants in our solars system through mathematics. Then we were able to actually view them later.
There is a great difference between "it SHOULD be there" and "it COULD be there."
What is the mathematics that shows it SHOULD be there? Incidentally, the only gas giant found by mathematics is Neptune. Uranus was found optically more than two centuries ago, and the other two, Jupiter and Saturn, are very bright objects which were well-known since ancient times.

Nickman
Site Supporter

Post #13

Post by Nickman »

[color=olive]Nickman[/color] wrote:To answer your question these other planets were probably not mentioned because they are hella far, much farther than our immediate solar system.
Aki wrote:
This still seems very arbitrary, and makes it look like an attempt to make it fit in hindsight.
Kind of like the gospels. The thing that catches the eye is their knowledge of planets we didn't know about until recently.

Aki Wrote:
Perhaps, in the same way that a civilisation makes drawings and writings about Harry Potter and Hobbits in Middle Earth.
But we are talking about things that we are actually seeing in our technology today not a hobbit or all seeing eye which I think does resemble the omnipresence of god. How silly is that?

We are talking about flying machines and some of these artifacts have been made to larger scale and flown without any modifications. These are not even Sumerian artifacts either.

Aki Wrote:
Since there actually are things in the air from time to time(Birds and the like), it's not much of a stretch for people to write of aircraft.
See Above

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #14

Post by Goat »

Nickman wrote:
[color=olive]Nickman[/color] wrote:To answer your question these other planets were probably not mentioned because they are hella far, much farther than our immediate solar system.
Aki wrote:
This still seems very arbitrary, and makes it look like an attempt to make it fit in hindsight.
Kind of like the gospels. The thing that catches the eye is their knowledge of planets we didn't know about until recently.
That is, if you take the vague references out of context. That is done consistantly.. with mistranslations to emphasis the 'secret knowledge'
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

Nickman
Site Supporter

Post #15

Post by Nickman »

Goat wrote:
Nickman wrote:
Aki wrote:
That is, if you take the vague references out of context. That is done consistantly.. with mistranslations to emphasis the 'secret knowledge'
What vague references are there in the Sumerian texts?

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #16

Post by Goat »

Nickman wrote:
Goat wrote:
Nickman wrote:
Aki wrote:
Any which claim there were ancient astronauts. .. it is a fantasy. End of story.

Want to bring one up, so it can be looked at IN CONTEXT.. show the source, and the words, and where the translation came from?
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

alive
Sage

Post #17

Post by alive »

I think people had way to much time on their hands back then..Although I have no problems with life as a whole coming from another planet(s) as microbs and such on space rocks colliding with the earth....But as far as real "Pauls" from another planet or our ancestors belonging from a dieing planet colonizing this one would be far fetched...But cool...

Ankhhape
Scholar

Post #18

Post by Ankhhape »

Goat wrote:
Nickman wrote:
Goat wrote:
Nickman wrote:
Aki wrote:
Any which claim there were ancient astronauts. .. it is a fantasy. End of story.

Want to bring one up, so it can be looked at IN CONTEXT.. show the source, and the words, and where the translation came from?
From the Sumerian texts available today, the Anunnaki were instrumental in creating man some 250,000 years ago, and were thereafter extensively involved in mankind’s history.

Here are Sumerian phrases that mention things extraterrestrial;

ANU = the Heavenly One= Nibiru’s ruler when the Anunnaki came to earth
ANUNNAKI = Those Who From Heaven Came To Earth
ENLIL= Lord of Airspace
NINMULMULLA = Lady of Many Stars
Zi Dingir Anna Kanpa! = Spirit God of the Sky, Remember!
MARGIDDA = Celestial Chariot

In Hindu mythology, the gods and their avatars travel from place to place in flying vehicles (variously called "flying chariots", "flying cars" or Vimanas). There are many mentions of these flying machines in the Ramayana, which dates to the 5th or 4th century BCE.

Ancient art depicts various inexplicable ancient astronaut scenes, ancient Nazca Lines look like runways, artifacts, Megalithic sites, Religious and cultural practises, not to mention the Dogon tribe that describes with astronomical precision celestial movements that would have been impossible to know.

Hey, it's on TV . . . it's gotta be true!!!!

Ankhhape
Scholar

Post #19

Post by Ankhhape »

alive wrote: I think people had way to much time on their hands back then..Although I have no problems with life as a whole coming from another planet(s) as microbs and such on space rocks colliding with the earth....But as far as real "Pauls" from another planet or our ancestors belonging from a dieing planet colonizing this one would be far fetched...But cool...
Interesting statement actually, when man was a hunter/gatherer Nomad they were endlessly on the move, on the hunt, life was very chaotic and stressful.

In the advent of agricultural Man, tribes now created communities and stationary residences, which in turn gave them more time to think, and they thought about what we would call spiritual stuff. The cycles of their environment became extremely important as they increased their conscious awareness outside of their Ego for the first time.

Nickman
Site Supporter

Post #20

Post by Nickman »

Goat wrote:
Nickman wrote:
Goat wrote:
Nickman wrote:
Aki wrote:

There is more than one culture with beings who flew in the skies and who depicted astronauts in the skies. This is not localized to one area. It is prevalent among many cultures; Inca, Mayans, Sumerians, Hindus.. The list goes on.

We have the same thing happening today with sightings of UFOs. Some are not dismissable. How does an ancient civilization depict flying craft that were not invented until thousands of years later.

Also you dismiss the theory without providing ANY REASON, other than "its fantasy". Thats just your opinion, nothing more.